PDA

View Full Version : A great day at Skinner with Bluegill

cpioutdoors
08-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Finally had a chance to fish Lake Skinner with Bluegill yesterday and had a great day on the water.

It was a tough day in terms of striper biting. Guess the hot weather finally started to show its effects. When we left the lake, we asked the ranger and she said she did not see many people came back with stripers. ( we are pretty much the last boat off the water.).

But fortunately for me, I was with Bluegill ! He knows the lake like the back of his hand and knows where to go when the biting is tough. By the end of the day, we managed to land 5 stripers. More importantly, I broke my curse and caught my first striper at Skinner !:Envious: Thanks, Bluegill! You are the man!

Attached is the pic of our catch. The big bluegill was caught on anchovi :Big Grin: All the catfishes were Bluegill's catch. Everyone on the boat uses the same setup and same bait but seemingly Bluegill's hook was always more attractive to fishes

Bluegill, thank you very much again for a great fishing day! Really appreciate it. My friend and I have learned a lot from you and really enjoyed the time hanging out with you! Let's do it again when you have time !

HelloBendo420
08-03-2009, 12:47 AM
heck yeah... looks like a good day. where'd you ketch the nice ***** bluegill??

i got tuesday off, and your making skinner pretty enticing.

Bluegill
08-03-2009, 01:08 AM
Thanks, guys!!!! It's was fun fishing with the both of you. Tought day at skinner!!!! At the end we did manage to start putting fish in the boat. It had to be the worst striper fishing this year. Man four striper only, that suck!! Saturday had to been one of my worst days, 3 broken lines, and 3 times the fish spit the hook out. It's was fun fishing for those catfish thou. Four catfish within 5 minutes that was fun. We will get the striper next time.

Bluegill..,

kenmac33
08-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Good job out there guys, I'm heading out there right now to try my luck. ken

www.basstaxi.com/blog/ (http://www.basstaxi.com/blog/)
Check out the New Lower prices!

GdHkSet1
08-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Lots of boats out on Sun, a few trollers, where you guys in a pontoon? Nice haul a little of everything, yep stripers must be chowing down with the moon phase..

Bluegill
08-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Lots of boats out on Sun, a few trollers, where you guys in a pontoon? Nice haul a little of everything, yep stripers must be chowing down with the moon phase..

We were out on Saturday in the brown/tan ranger. Can't wait for this weekend fishing full moon start on Thursday.

Bluegill...

Bluegill
08-03-2009, 07:38 PM
heck yeah... looks like a good day. where'd you ketch the nice ***** bluegill??

i got tuesday off, and your making skinner pretty enticing.

We caught the bluegill in the main channel just right of the marina. That sucker ate half an anchoives on a #1 hook. Must have been one hungry bluegill.

mission89
08-03-2009, 10:53 PM
anyone know if there are pontoons for rent at lake skinner and how much?

cpioutdoors
08-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Thanks, guys!!!! It's was fun fishing with the both of you. Tought day at skinner!!!! At the end we did manage to start putting fish in the boat. It had to be the worst striper fishing this year. Man four striper only, that suck!! Saturday had to been one of my worst days, 3 broken lines, and 3 times the fish spit the hook out. It's was fun fishing for those catfish thou. Four catfish within 5 minutes that was fun. We will get the striper next time.

Bluegill..,

Yeah, the last run of catfish was fun ! If the young lady had not got the time wrong, we might have been able to put another 2 or 3 in the boat.

cpioutdoors
08-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Good job out there guys, I'm heading out there right now to try my luck. ken

www.basstaxi.com/blog/ (http://www.basstaxi.com/blog/)
Check out the New Lower prices!

Good luck! let us know how it went .

Bluegill
08-04-2009, 05:36 AM
anyone know if there are pontoons for rent at lake skinner and how much?

$150 all day for a pantoon rental at lake skinner