PDA

View Full Version : LMV report

dodgers91485
08-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Report on LMV:

On Saturday, rented a boat from 5-8 pm to go bass fishing. Went to the deep area about 100 yards in front of Alicia parkway. Nothing was hitting crankbaits and Senkos and because I am a noob and don't really know what else to use, I decided to drop shot. I used a purplish color roboworm and kept casting out and slowly shaking and dragging it back in. Caught 6 bass all in the same spot with the biggest one coming in at 2 and a half pounds. Unfortunately I don't have pictures because I was doing it solo and was feeling lazy.

Today, Sunday, was out on the north beach dock from 6-11 pm going for catfish. I was actually kind of pessimistic since the past couple of nights I was out catfhishing, it was realllllly slow. Ended up catching 2 catfish back to back. The first one came in at 4 pounds and the 2nd one came in at 3. Both caught on Mackerel.

Is there a correct or wrong way to hook on a piece of mackerel? I just use a chunk of it hooked onto a 2/0 offset worm hook thing. Tonight and past couple of nights, I kept getting hit but nothing was on the line? I use the bobber system because I fish at night. You are supposed to set the hook right after you see the bobber go up right? Thanks!

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
08-03-2009, 01:54 AM
great pix and post bro, about the farmed sets..i say use those 98cents ocean hooks from walmart, works wonders and the mak just one inche chunks regularly hookem and you can't go wrong..goodtimes bro...