PDA

View Full Version : Fisherman's retreat

2quikmotorwerks
08-02-2009, 10:26 PM
After getting home around 3am this morn from fishing irvine lastnite i still hadnt had my fill of fishing for the kitties so around 9 am i arrived at my local fishing hole 10 mins from my house, now i hadnt fished this spot in about 2 yrs due to a major algae bloom and plus i was always fishing the vine so i really didnt know what to expect. So i set up two poles one with some secret 7 and one with mac within 10 mins had my first fish, a nice 3 1/2 pounder and since that first fish it was on like donkey kong i was pulling in fish every 15 to 20 mins , all quality eaters nothing under 3lbs and the biggest over 6lb. It seemed majority of the fish wanted the S7 at about a 4:1 ratio , kept 10 and c&r around 20. Sorry no pics my phone batt had died i will shoot some pics when i clean the fish in the morn i just plain out pooped.
cooler shot
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a46/2quikmotorwerks/IMG00038.jpg

heres a shot of them after my neighbor came and got two this morn
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a46/2quikmotorwerks/IMG00036.jpg

and heres more filets for our 8-14/8-15 irvine get together
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a46/2quikmotorwerks/IMG00039.jpg

fishmounter
08-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Cool bro! What do they charge you now to fish?

2quikmotorwerks
08-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Cool bro! What do they charge you now to fish?
15 bucks to fish for 12 hours, and it doesnt matter when you get there if you wanna fish at 1 in the morning you can

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
08-02-2009, 10:41 PM
i was wondering if any1 will ever post a report about that spot...but i have to ask, i'll pm u..

Troutman65
08-03-2009, 07:51 PM
2quickmotorwerks, I remember your first post about this place 2 years ago. Thats how I knew you when I first saw you at Irvine Lake .:LOL: :Wink:

Glad you got some Kittys .:Cool:

boxl0bster
08-03-2009, 08:50 PM
damn good job man! making me want to try that place out. haha

troutdog
08-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Nice job Omar, what gives with all these reports lately? Were you somehow inspired to share your skillz with the world? :LOL: Good job buddy, thanks for the update the other day....GOT DEET? :Wink:

TD

MAN VS WILD
08-03-2009, 11:59 PM
Nice job out there, I was wondering about that place. I didn't know it was that cheap to fish. Going to have to check that place out. Those filets look tasty.

FISH ON!!!

Hitts0n
08-04-2009, 12:49 AM
I have no clue on what spot you are talking about.But getting all that fishing done is great ! Good j0b out there man !:Cool:

tacklejunkie
08-04-2009, 06:42 AM
Wow, someone actually caught something from there for once?
Nice going!
Don't forget, they charge for second rods.

2quikmotorwerks
08-04-2009, 07:07 AM
Wow, someone actually caught something from there for once?
Nice going!
Don't forget, they charge for second rods.yea bro theres alot of fish in there, theres a grip of big bass in there also there was this kid there in a float tube when i was there and he was slaying the bass

tacklejunkie
08-04-2009, 07:27 AM
Dang I didn't know you could tube it! Thanks for the heads up.
There is some nice bass structure, and I've caught a dink there before on a trout spinner. Maybe I'll go look for some bass there again one day.
I have also heard there is some nice ones. I suppose that could be true.. they do stock troutcicles for the bass!

LEAD DEVIL
08-04-2009, 11:53 AM
man i wish that was me!!!i havent been there in a long time,wasnt pulling anything out the last 3 or 4 times i was there.i am only about 10 min away also,i have thrown everthing at both lakes there(for cats of coarse)i am hoping to go in the next couple days-if i have any money left after pay-day.great job-

hookup
08-04-2009, 12:59 PM
yeah dude i live 15 minutes from that place and had lots of good days with trout,cat,and bass. the biggest bass i have seen come out of there was a 10 pounder on a brush in the middle of the night at 2 o clock in the morning. i have only caught like a 3 1/2 though. me and my cousin have also thrown the big baits there in the middle of the winter and i managed two hook up twice on and ac minnow but both got off.

Ragetron
08-04-2009, 06:01 PM
There's definately sime nice bass and cats in there. Havnt fished there in a couple years. Nice job out there. I did not know that you could tube it though. Can anyone verify that?

2quikmotorwerks
08-04-2009, 06:56 PM
There's definately sime nice bass and cats in there. Havnt fished there in a couple years. Nice job out there. I did not know that you could tube it though. Can anyone verify that?i can verify for the reason the kid was in his tube the whole day in front of the lake security and they said nothing to him im gonna say its a pretty sure bet that you can fish in tubes, for that matter you can put a boat on the lake as long as it doesnt have a gas motor