PDA

View Full Version : NPH 6/23

MikeAce00
06-27-2007, 12:47 AM
Hey Everyone,

Went out on Sunday to NPH to try our luck on a skiff from Davey's. This was the first time for me as I usually fish the bay from a float tube. We arrived at about 645 and were on the water til noon. We drifted from Davey's down to the mouth and came back on the other side near balboa. I had my girlfriend and sister rigged up on frozen chovies and squid with a 1oz sinker (carolina) while I was throwing plastics, mostly 3 inch BH's. It was very slow for most of the morning and the girls didn't have much luck on the bait so I set them up on plastics as well. Anyway we did end up drifting into one nice little whole where we caught most of our fish pictured below.

5 Spotties
2 Sandies
1 Halibut
1 WSB or maybe YFC not sure how to tell...

We had most of our luck at about 1030 on anything with bright orange in it...

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/CIMG1138.JPG

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/CIMG1139.JPG

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/CIMG1130.JPG

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/CIMG1125.JPG

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/CIMG1133.JPG

ThemBastards
06-27-2007, 12:56 AM
I like your fish but theres something about your Avatar. :death2above:

Fish Dog
06-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Nice fish! Your WSB is actually a yellowfin croker so you second guess there was right.

christainmetalhead909
06-27-2007, 09:31 AM
thembastards,

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: very true its all about the angels

Wingnut
06-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Looks like a fun day, nice job out there.

seanyboi
06-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Pshhh come on now how many world serie have the Angels won? o ya 1. The ralley monkey is a joke. Dodgers all the way baby. O ya by the way good job on the catch :D

sonarbp
06-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Come on guys.......why hijack this guys thread?

Nice hali and spottie Mike.....way to get the girls out and fishing!!!!

By the way didn't the Angles KILL the Dodgers in the Freeway series!!!!
PRETTY MUCH!!!!

sonarbp

MikeAce00
06-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Yeah it was a nice day out on the skiff. If anybody has any suggestions on where to fish from a skiff or what type of set up I should use with bait I'd really appreciate it. I really enjoy getting the family on some fish but its hard to get in tight to the same place you can in a tube...

Thanks Fellas....

As for b-ball- Though the Angels have owned the Dodgers of late I have one comment: As evidenced by your ""LA" of Anaheim" you'll always be chasing our history and nastalgia similar to the Mets chasing the Yankees, you'll never be LA's team or for that matter So Cal's :wink:

vanillagurilla
06-27-2007, 12:04 PM
for bait i usualy target halibut. i use a 16" leader aprox. with a 3/4 to 1oz slider. send it down to the bottom right out side davey jones with a chovie. run it out abotu 20 yards and troll as slow as u can. stay on the right side inbeween the docks and the boats anchored up. u can catch halis all day like this. troll from davey jones out twards the wedge. also u can bounce plastics of the bottom with good success.

BBL2Baja
06-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Awesome report, looks like a great time!!! :thumb: :thumb:

By the way, arguing Dodgers vs. Angels is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win, ya still get to ride home in the short bus. If ya know what I mean. :wink:

Later,
Scott

sonarbp
06-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Hey MikeAce00,

For fishing Newport from a skiff, I use to have good luck positioning the skiff about 15 to 20 feet off the dock line and slow driff with the current casting into opening between boats and the docks.....use a 3/8 or 1/4 oz football head with a 5" gulp jerkshad in sardine or nuclear chicken.

By the way.....None of us Angel fans want to be the "LA" Angels....that was a big mistake....it was a cheap way to get "LA" back in the winning circle!!!!

sonarbp

SanDimasLMB
06-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Yeah it was a nice day out on the skiff. If anybody has any suggestions on where to fish from a skiff or what type of set up I should use with bait I'd really appreciate it. I really enjoy getting the family on some fish but its hard to get in tight to the same place you can in a tube...

Thanks Fellas....

As for b-ball- Though the Angels have owned the Dodgers of late I have one comment: As evidenced by your ""LA" of Anaheim" you'll always be chasing our history and nastalgia similar to the Mets chasing the Yankees, you'll never be LA's team or for that matter So Cal's :wink:

Oooooo BIG WORDS :rofl: :wink:

This is coming from the man representing the Dodgers on FNN when practicaly everyone watched the Angels SWEEP the Dodgers in the Freeway Series? Pshhhh :wink:

SanDimasLMB
06-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Nice fish by the way :lol:

MikeAce00
06-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Swept by the Angels is one thing... Swept by KC, Ouch! LOL

SanDimasLMB
06-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Swept by the Angels is one thing... Swept by KC, Ouch! LOL

I can play that game too. Swept by the Colorado Rockies!?!? OUCH :lol:

mrjonez
06-29-2007, 03:34 PM
dude looks like one of the gotti's.

G-Man
06-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Fishing: Excellent fun. The best.

Stick-and-ball sports: Boring. Watching steroid besotted genetic anomalies chase around a leather covered sphere. And people pay money to watch these illiterates....Fishing! :lol: :!: :wink: What ever floats your boat...FISHING!

P.S. Nice report. Any day with the ladys on the water and some hookups is the best. :wink: Fishing!

FishermanStu
06-30-2007, 06:00 PM
i dont know is it just me or is that a really nice spotty in the first pic