PDA

View Full Version : Not a Good Day for Surf Fishing!!!!

flyngby
08-02-2009, 08:15 PM
My son Brad spent the week on the Newport Peninsula starting last Friday 7/24 and returned yesterday with this Photo taken at the Wedge on 7/25 in the morning. He said it was way more intense on Friday when the thrill seeker lost his Life and got slammed into the Jetty!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/romo_wedge.jpg

Thankfully to the best of my knowledge non of the Emergency Personnel or volunteer on lookers that dove in to try and help in the rescue operation were injured!

THINK BEFORE YOU GO!!!!!!

Steve

fishmounter
08-02-2009, 10:06 PM
I used to body surf there way back in the day. The waves break down into VERY shallow water, so if you loose it, you can get slammed into the hard sand bottom under tons of water. Cool pic.

FishermanStu
08-04-2009, 12:32 PM
thats an old picture. not from this weekend. but it is about how big it was

flyngby
08-04-2009, 03:15 PM
thats an old picture. not from this weekend. but it is about how big it was

Stu,

Like I stated it was taken on my sons phone on 7/25 hense the poor quality!!!!!

Steve

FishermanStu
08-04-2009, 03:38 PM
http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/the-wedge-southern-california_4232/travel/

this article about wedge has been on surfline for 4+ years. with that same photo on it. im not saying it wasnt that big. thats a perfect representation of it. just an older pic. i think maybe from that swell in 98 or 97. nice try though

TShaffer
08-04-2009, 04:17 PM
http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/the-wedge-southern-california_4232/travel/

this article about wedge has been on surfline for 4+ years. with that same photo on it. im not saying it wasnt that big. thats a perfect representation of it. just an older pic. i think maybe from that swell in 98 or 97. nice try though

Uh oh........

vanillagurilla
08-04-2009, 04:47 PM
hmm maybe his kid sent him the pic. or maybe he wasnt at the beach at all. lol jk.

flyngby
08-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Stu,

I agree with you now.

I just confronted my son about it and he insists he took the pic!!!

But I have to agree with you guys that it is a perfect match to the surf line photo!!!

I guess I am the one to be had here as far as the Photo!!!!!!

Any way like you said they were almost as big!

My real message in the post was that "When Thrill Seekers go out to Play" they put us Emergency Responders at Risk to Save Their A@#!!!!!!!!!!!

FishermanStu
08-04-2009, 10:36 PM
I knew that picture was familiar. O well alls well. It was a gnarly day at the wedge that's for sure. 46 street was the biggest I've seen it there since I can remember.

The Angler
08-05-2009, 12:19 AM
Yea I Have been hittin up Hunington Beach every weekend excpet for last beacuse it was getting exausting out there fighting the waves. The undertow is really strong out there right now I heard about 13-14 foot waves out there about 3 weeks ago. I havent been down at newport but Hunington is right next door and u can still feel the effects of thw waves down there at newport. The waves at Hunington were actually dowing the same thing 2-3 waves would merge and just pound you it was a ***** getting past them after u got over them I was to tired to ******* bodyboard haha

Trout-Slayer77
08-07-2009, 01:57 PM
hahaha your son is pullin one over on you....its the same exact pic from the link fishermanStu posted. And that would be really good quality if he actually got that pic on a cell phone.