PDA

View Full Version : Perris BG 8/1 and 8/2

d1LedHed
08-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Got the boat back on the lake and went out (8/1) with Big Red and the boys. Fished a little deep and found lots of female BGs. My first fish was a fat RE. Big Red had a female BG that was 10.5” and was fat with eggs. All the females were released and we kept 20 fish. BR was using spinners and jig/cricket combos and the boys & me were using jigs/cricket combo.

Had a no show (8/2) and fished solo today. Fished shallower and whacked on the BGs again. All males and getting ready to spawn. No big brutes - lots of 8” and 9” fish. Only kept 18 for mom. Took the fly rods on a boat ride again – didn’t have time to use them – the ultra lites were singing. Off the lake at 11:00 – was getting hot.

Water surface temp was 80 and we fished 7’ (edge of the weeds) to 20’.

vagabond
08-02-2009, 05:44 PM
way to go on the fatty bg..

fishmounter
08-02-2009, 10:13 PM
So the 'Gills spawn several times each year? Man you just have to put down that UL stuff and pick up that flyrod. Maybe you should do a fishing trip and take just the flyrod. Leave the spinning rods at home.... Hey I'm sending you a PM.

smokinflies
08-03-2009, 07:08 AM
... Took the fly rods on a boat ride again – didn’t have time to use them..

how can you not have time to use a fly rod?

... Man you just have to put down that UL stuff and pick up that flyrod. Maybe you should do a fishing trip and take just the flyrod. Leave the spinning rods at home...

you tell him fishmounter.:Cool::Envious:

d1LedHed
08-03-2009, 06:23 PM
Thnx VB

Fm got the PM - should be good to go. The BGs spread it around. They all don't spawn at the same time or in the same area of the lake.
Your right - if I leave the UL stuff at home and bring only fly gear........

SF
Sometimes you get into this bite that is non stop - and you know the next one is going to b that 3 lber.

That's the real mission - catch a 3lb BG or RE on a jig that I made.

smokinflies
08-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Thnx VB

Fm got the PM - should be good to go. The BGs spread it around. They all don't spawn at the same time or in the same area of the lake.
Your right - if I leave the UL stuff at home and bring only fly gear........

SF
Sometimes you get into this bite that is non stop - and you know the next one is going to b that 3 lber.

That's the real mission - catch a 3lb BG or RE on a jig that I made.

i know what you mean. picked a bait casting setup last week and now i can't put it down because the bite has been good.

tight lines on your mission:Cool:

crappiemike
08-03-2009, 10:03 PM
go get gett'em killer!!! thnx for your report...

cm

d1LedHed
08-04-2009, 06:36 AM
cm
When you gonna make it back out here????? Need to hook up..