PDA

View Full Version : Moonlight Massacre 8/1

Fishthewhaler
08-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Short Report: Arrived @ 630pm to a line of about 50 cars/boats...got in by 830 pm . Headed across the lake to the buoy line to try something different than last time. We tried our first spot for NADA. We only gave it about 15 mins there, cuz we knew if they don't bite right away, keep lookin!! Hit another "go to" spot recomended by Geordy... I headed that way, but opted to fish a bit shallower than he recomended. seemed like a good spot cause the only other boat there, was bit non stop, we could hear his drag peel every few mins. I started at 40 ft...INSTANT triple hookup..2 of Ralph's, one of my rods!!!This action was too fast and furious to fish 2 rods, so I put one back in the holder. I had a limit in about 1 hour or so, but decided to keep 8, and keep catching these schollies,just wanted to save room on my stringer for a couple big boys....After CNR a ton of stripeys.....here's my limit I took, and Ralph got one just as nice, with 2 big boys in his box...Possibly the best striper bite I've experienced!!
Bait of choice: lugworms, crawlers, and chunked dines...6lb floro.
FTW
PS CHARLIE B NEEDS TO GET HIS BUTT OUT HERE FOR SOME ISH TALKIN!!

PWBUILDING
08-02-2009, 10:11 AM
way to go glad you had a great time

kpn
08-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Nice! Great job out there guys.

KPN.

Fishthewhaler
08-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Nice! Great job out there guys.

KPN.

Last one of the year is the 29th!!! Should be even better!!
<*){{{{{{{>{

vagabond
08-02-2009, 10:57 AM
good jod guys,thankx for the report..whens the next one???

Hitts0n
08-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Last one of the year is the 29th!!! Should be even better!!
<*){{{{{{{>{

August 22nd !

Fishthewhaler
08-02-2009, 12:44 PM
August 22nd !

Thanks for the corrrect date,

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
08-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the corrrect date,

is this silverwood and do they allow fishing from shore for the latenight bite???

TroutOnly
08-02-2009, 03:10 PM
I QUESS ITS TIME FOR THE GLOW LIGHTS AND HEADLAMPS , GREAT JOB DAMON I WOULD HAVE YELLED AT YOU AS I LEFT THE LAKE AND DROVE UP THE HILL I WAS HARASSING ALL THE STRIPER KILLERS I KNEW AND SAW AS I WENT UPO THE LAKE HUGHES ROAD,,,,t/o

Fishthewhaler
08-02-2009, 04:04 PM
is this silverwood and do they allow fishing from shore for the latenight bite???

castaic lake...check the website for more info...they also do a float tube night event at the lagoon.There are shore angers out there as well..Headlamps/lanterns a must out there..get em while their biting!
FTW

AQUABOOGIE AKA MADDFISHIN
08-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Great catches fellas!!! Makes my mouth water for castaic!!! Haven't been out there since early last year; but it looks like its fightin & bitin going on during the night. Way 2 go!!!

Fishthewhaler
08-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Great catches fellas!!! Makes my mouth water for castaic!!! Haven't been out there since early last year; but it looks like its fightin & bitin going on during the night. Way 2 go!!!

I like the name AQUABOOGIE MADDFISHIN, sounds like one of my old dj buddies...Nows the time aquaboogie to get out there. weather was perfect. Just have some patience, it take a while to get in the joint., but hit the right spot and well worth it

Fishthewhaler
08-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Ceviche with a Hef on a sunday afternoon....Gotta love it!

Hitts0n
08-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Ceviche with a Hef on a sunday afternoon....Gotta love it!

Man i'm gonna have my neighbor make me some of that from the ons I cought that night ! Thanks for sharing again !!:Cool: