PDA

View Full Version : flathead fishing with mangles

team760
08-02-2009, 07:28 AM
hit up the alamo river with mangles last night....mangles started out with a 11 pounder then a 7 pounder...he also had a couple of runs...I ended up with a 5 pounder and 2 runs also had a real heavy one get un buttoned 5 feet from the shore...I also had another big one get me hung up in the structure....had to break off my 65 pound braid line....overall a great night out..with good company...thanks chad....TODD. also all cats were catch n release

bluehunter
08-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Way to go fellow. Nice way to get out there and let some cats go too. Flathead anticipation is going through me, I can not wait.

B

crappie stalker
08-03-2009, 06:05 AM
You guys have them dialed in.. You caught 3 more than I EVER CAUGHT>>LOL. I am determined to get into some flat action.. Cdouble and I are gonna get it figured out and kill them one day soon... Thanks for the post and pics to motivate us..:Big Grin::Evil:
What were the baits? IV side or blythe of the alamo?

Thanks,
CS

team760
08-04-2009, 05:04 PM
we fished the iv side of the alamo from brawley towards the salton sea. We use live bait...bluegill....you can also use goldfish too... tilapia can be used in only a few areas just check with dfg..TODD

Lightning
08-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Nice cats.WTG on the C & R.