PDA

View Full Version : Sarl; fri 7/31/09

AQUABOOGIE AKA MADDFISHIN
08-01-2009, 01:41 PM
FIRST I'D LIKE TO THANK "OZ" FOR THE HEADS UP ON THE FRIDAY DISCOUNTS!!!; AND THANK YOU TO THE SARL OWNERSHIP FOR THE PRICE BREAK, IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED IN THIS MISERABLE ECONOMY!!! O.K.; TO FISHIN. LEFT WORK, HEADED STRAIGHT TO SARL. ARRIVED ABOUT 4:15 AND TOOK MY PLACE IN LINE. GATES OPENED ABOUT 4:50. PAID MY $9.95 (THANKS AGAIN!!!), AND PROCEED TO CATFISH LAKE. I HAD NOTICED A LOCATION A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO THAT I WANTED TO TRY, BUT WHEN I ARRIVED I NOTICED THE LAKE HAS RISEN, SO THE AREA WAS MOSTLY SUBMERGED. OH WELL; UNLOADED THE CAR AND PROCEEDED TO THE LITTLE ISLAND PENINSULA. SET UP; STARTED OUT WITH SHRIMP. POP A BEER... 20 MIN BELL GOES OFF, STOLE MY BAIT. RELOAD, CAST TO SAME SPOT... 5 MIN BELL GOES OFF, BAIT GONE AGAIN. SWICHED OVER TO NIGHTCRAWLERS, CAST TO SAME LOCATION...10 MIN BELL GOES OFF, I PULL IN THE APPROX 1.35 THIEF. AT THE SAME TIME MY BUDDY AND HIS WIFE ARRIVES, NOW WE ARE CASTED OUT FROM EVERY ANGLE. 40 MIN LATER, BUDDIES WIFE POLE HAS BENDDO ACTION. SHE PULLS IN A GOOD 1.5 POUNDER (HER FIRST CAT!). ACTIONS SLOWS CONSIDERABLY. AT 8:30 WE DECIED TO RELOCATE. WE PICK A LOCATION WHERE WE CAN FISH CHRIS'S POND AND THE MAIN LAKE. SET UP, MAKE A FIRE, POP DRINKS AND WAIT. NO ACTION. AROUND 10:50 LAKE TRUCK LET US KNOW THAT THE SESSION IS OVER. WE PULL IN OUR LINES. HOOKED TO MY BUDDIES LINE IN CHRIS'S POUND IS A NICE TALIPA, THATS A NICE GOING AWAY PRESENT. SO THATS IT; 2 CATS, 1 TALIPA, GOOD FRIENDS & NO :Skunk:; ALL FOR $9.95!!!

saintarv
08-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Nice report and pics. I wish I would have saw you there. I was there too. In fact on your first picture of cars you got my blue truck at the end. That was me. LOL :ROFL: Anyway I caught only 1 cat but you can't beat $9.95 fishin...lol. I guess I don't need to do a report. LMAO. Again good going and I might you there on another Friday.

08-01-2009, 05:17 PM
THATS COOL I CAUGHT YOUR VEHICLE IN THE PICTURE; MY FIRST CATCH OF THE DAY (i know that was lame, but when fishing sarl, every catch is worth noteing; lol). I DRIVE A LITTLE BLUE SATURN, I WAS TWO CARS BEHIND YOU. SINCE THE PRICE IS RIGHT I PLAN ON BEING OUT THERE, TESTING NEW LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT AUGUST. SHORELINE FISHING AT SARL IS A CHALLENGE, BUT I WILL ALWAYS TAKE ONE OR TWO OVER THE SKUNK!!! LETS KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR EACHOTHER, AS WELL AS THE BEST SPOTS!!!

saintarv
08-01-2009, 07:34 PM
THATS COOL I CAUGHT YOUR VEHICLE IN THE PICTURE; MY FIRST CATCH OF THE DAY (i know that was lame, but when fishing sarl, every catch is worth noteing; lol). I DRIVE A LITTLE BLUE SATURN, I WAS TWO CARS BEHIND YOU. SINCE THE PRICE IS RIGHT I PLAN ON BEING OUT THERE, TESTING NEW LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT AUGUST. SHORELINE FISHING AT SARL IS A CHALLENGE, BUT I WILL ALWAYS TAKE ONE OR TWO OVER THE SKUNK!!! LETS KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR EACHOTHER, AS WELL AS THE BEST SPOTS!!!

Roger that.......last year I found a great spot can't miss not getting your limits. Now that spot is not so great so I need a new one. I'll keep looking like you and if we find it we'll let each other know.

CASTAWAY
08-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Nice going. I was suppose to head out that evening also but had to work late. I'll be out there soon, I hope.:Big Grin:

Oz
08-01-2009, 09:40 PM
thats good to hear u had a good time. no prob man. i'll be out there next friday 4 the 24fhr session. so if anyone is out there stop by. look for the guy with dodger hat & goatee :LOL:

ghetto dad
08-01-2009, 10:15 PM
damn...whats up with the close up mug shot homie?? :ROFL:

nice report man.....thanks

GD

08-02-2009, 09:36 AM
damn...whats up with the close up mug shot homie?? :ROFL:

nice report man.....thanks

GD

THAT IS A GLAMORE SHOT!!!:Thumbs Up:

08-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Glad we are all making the most out of this catfish season at sarl. I am looking forward to meeting u cats. I'm looking forward to next friday, i won't post, so that some else can share, and i can concure!!! "castaway" hope u get out there soon; until then i'll pop one 4 ya, and keep the lines wet!!!

dodgers91485
08-02-2009, 10:51 AM
So if you do the 9.95 night fishing, what times does that run from? thanks

08-02-2009, 01:13 PM
so if you do the 9.95 night fishing, what times does that run from? Thanks

night fishing is from 5pm to 11pm daily; remember to print the flyer.

dodgers91485
08-03-2009, 12:04 AM
alright cooool.. thanks!

BULLDOGBOOGERS
08-03-2009, 05:48 AM
hay,hay,hay.......good job keep up the good work !!.. ya can't beat 9.95 !

scott "aka" bulldogboogers

08-06-2009, 07:26 PM
hay,hay,hay.......good job keep up the good work !!.. ya can't beat 9.95 !

scott "aka" bulldogboogers

come on down and join the funn!!! fridays looks like its going to be insane!!!

The Angler
08-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Was it crowded out there/ I might hit up Corona for a 24 hour session. Im expecting it to be crazy packed.

08-10-2009, 08:06 PM
hey angler; it was moderatly crowded early; but picked up by 8pm. still some good spots to get your line wet & work your skill. i see corona has been hot also; i believe you couldn't go wrong with either choice.