PDA

View Full Version : Cash for Clunkers

Troutman65
07-31-2009, 11:09 AM
Program is a huge hit. If you got a old clunker now is the time to trade it in for up to $4,500 at a dealer. People have been taking advantage of this and moneies are close to running out. This is the time to get a new car.

CatchthatTrout
07-31-2009, 11:37 AM
I heard yesterday that the program has been suspended. The money is already half exhausted and apparently there has been major fraud already with this program by dealers.

Troutman65
07-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Its up in the air right now Tony. Congress wants to fund the program . I am sure the money will be there. As with any program like this where there is $$$ involved fraud will exist. This is a great program and if you have a old clunker you should at least check out this deal.

KaliDawgFan
07-31-2009, 11:53 AM
I heard yesterday that the program has been suspended. The money is already half exhausted and apparently there has been major fraud already with this program by dealers.

Fraud in a government-run program? Surely you jest!

Nessie Hunter
07-31-2009, 12:06 PM
Fraud in a government-run program? Surely you jest!

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

They just approved 2 Billion more to fund it today....
Thats 3 billion 'more' into the Car business at taxpayer expense on top of all the bail out money...
Dam we got some deep pockets.. Going to be interesting to see how this plays out over time???

My car doesnt qualify.... :Evil:

CatchthatTrout
07-31-2009, 12:21 PM
My 96 Izusu at Toyota would only be good toward a small car, not any value to the Tacoma that I want to buy.

Granny Fish
07-31-2009, 01:54 PM
My car qualifies, but my car is paid off and I don't need another monthly payment. Considering a new car losses so much value when you drive it off the lot, I would rather buy used from a private party anyways.

BrownTrout
07-31-2009, 02:30 PM
i still owe money on my truck:Evil: but if i could id trade it in right now.

Ready 2 Go
07-31-2009, 02:33 PM
I was tempted to trade in my Olds 98- year 88, but according to the govt. site it gets a combined ave 20 mpg rating??!!! and it doesn't qualify.

I guess I will see if she will keep rolling to 300,000 miles.

Ready 2 Go

GeordyBass
07-31-2009, 03:20 PM
BigRed should trade in his 05' Explorer....lol....that thing doesn't even run at 60k....hahahahaha....redhead....lol.... I heard that you can get the money "in cash" if you wanted....if you can,I would get a new car(lowballed of course lol),get the $$$ and make a BIG payment afterwards, it'll help....hahaha,,, geordybusiness,,,

lalo56
07-31-2009, 04:34 PM
BigRed should trade in his 05' Explorer....lol....that thing doesn't even run at 60k....hahahahaha....redhead....lol.... I heard that you can get the money "in cash" if you wanted....if you can,I would get a new car(lowballed of course lol),get the $$$ and make a BIG payment afterwards, it'll help....hahaha,,, geordybusiness,,,

You cannot get cash in hand for it, its only if you put it towards a new vehicle. Thats the hole point of this deal being offered by goverment.

Nessie Hunter
08-01-2009, 08:02 AM
Yes, there are restrictions....
Must own & have car registered & insured for at least one year.
Has to be less then 25 yrs old.???
Must meet MPG requirements.
The car MUST be scrapped after trade in.
You also get credit for what they sell it for also ($200++ scrap payment).

I have a 98 Ranger, 4 cyl , 5 speed.. It does NOT qualify (MPG to high, almost no 4 cyl qualify)..

I was just looking at New Crew Cab, Canyons & Colorado's this week..
Needless to say, Im still driving the Ranger......

Any one have a *great* hook up with a dealer (GMC & Chev)????
'New' 98 or 99 'Canyon' or Colorado (5 Cyl, auto, air, cruise, pwr windows/locks, bench seat, Red, Silver or Orange)......??????
Got some cash & trade in???????
Much better price & deal on 98 from what I saw....??????

*thread jack over*... :ROFL:

CatchthatTrout
08-01-2009, 04:15 PM
You also DO NOT pay taxes on the rebate, so they MUST take it off after the calculations of cost, tax & license.

joe man
08-07-2009, 03:02 PM
I am just happy that my hard earned money can help subsidize others in their new car purchases while my financial responsibilities prevent me from buing my wife the new car she could use. Sure I could afford the payments but I would rather stay debt free so that my daugther my be able to get a college degree or I might retire before I die.

lalo56
08-07-2009, 05:03 PM
I had a 06 Altima that i traded in... Not a cluncker. Only reason I bought the Silverado is due to thinking in the future. Family events and will have plenty of space for comfort and luggage. We camp a couple times a year and some fishing trips. So all is well.

PONTOON
08-07-2009, 09:08 PM
I took advantage of the program the second day it was offered. Got $4,500 and.........

My wife is now driving my boat.:Sad:

lalo56
08-07-2009, 11:24 PM
I took advantage of the program the second day it was offered. Got $4,500 and.........

My wife is now driving my boat.:Sad:

Nice pontoon. Really my cars and all i own my gf drives. I hate to drive. I sleep on the road because im soo tired after work.

Thank you for your wishes Pontoon...

fisherman from long beach
08-08-2009, 07:44 AM

thats the number vehicle traded in,actually they take like 5 spots in the top 10 trade ins.