PDA

View Full Version : Searching for the backyard beast

carpinator
07-30-2009, 06:06 PM
MY SEARCH CONTINUED TO FOR THE ELUSIVE 40-50 LB GIANT THAT LURKS IN MANY OF OUR LOCAL CITY PONDS AND LAKES. THE LEGEND IS TRUE, I KNOW BECAUSE I'VE SEEN EM, BEEN CLOSE ENOUGH TO SMELL EM, AND WHEN UNPREPARED BEEN SMOKED BY EM ON THE ROD AND REEL. NO MATTER HOW PREPARED YOU ARE SOMETIMES EXTERNAL CIRCUMSTANCES CANNOT BE CONTROLLED EVEN BY THE BEST ANGLERS OUT THERE. HIDDEN UNDERWATER OBSTACLES, SHARP GILL PLATES,AND YES INTELLIGENT FISH CAN PLAY HAVOC ON YOUR GEAR AND PSYCHE AND DESTROY A FISHERMAN'S DREAMS OF SLAYING THE MONSTER. THE LEGEND WAS NOT TO BE SLAYED TODAY BUT I CAUGHT ONE THATS RUBBED SCALES WITH HIM. CAUGHT THIS ONE OF THE FEEDING BUBBLES AND UNDERWATER DIRT CLOUDS CREATED BY THESE FEEDING BEASTS
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353/carpinator_photos/094.jpg
RELEASED THIS BABY INTO THE DRINK, IN HOPES ONE DAY HE MIGHT GROW INTO THE MONSTER LEGEND OF THE BACKYARD BEAST.
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353/carpinator_photos/095.jpg

old pudd fisher
07-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Yes the beasts do lurk in our back yards and you have proven that with your catch. We all are in search of the monster fish, thanks for the report and pic.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-30-2009, 06:48 PM
bro your a "carp slayer" if your looking for that elusive 50plus...try big bear...good going on the local park monster..

tacklejunkie
07-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Nice one yet again. :ROFL: Amazing seeing what you can pull from that park after growing up there and seeing nothing but stocker size cats and gills for years from the anglers.

There's not even enough room there to fight a fish like that. I've walked out to all the islands before and it's not very deep!

Lunker1979
07-30-2009, 07:11 PM
That is the ugliest thing I have ever seen! Cheerio!

smokinflies
07-30-2009, 07:59 PM
just awesome.

how long was the fight and on what size line, if you don't mind me asking?

OMWAA
07-31-2009, 10:30 AM
Mommy.......I want to be like carpinator when I grow up.