PDA

View Full Version : Sierra backpack trip Aug 10-14

mth1997
07-30-2009, 04:02 PM
Some personal issues prevented me from doing my annual Sierras backpack trip with some good buddies from this board a few weeks ago, but its past and I'm on for the trip again. Unfortunately, I think my bros here on FNN can't get the time off from work so I'm back to square one: a solo trip.

Most of my pack trips have been solo, but company would be good. Anyone who's up for a 4-5 mile haul one-way with about a 1600 foot elevation gain in the first 2-3 miles is welcome to join. We'll pass 6 or 7 lakes, an 11,500 ft. pass, and some great stream fishing for browns, brooks, 'bows, and possibly goldens in a few high country lakes.

PM for details.

OMWAA
07-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Dude............exactly what i want to do...........I just need to do it on a weekend. Another time for sure. Backcountry is where its at!

tacklejunkie
07-31-2009, 07:26 AM
I'll see what I can do. You know my situations.
I really want to get back up there but I'm not positive I can go just yet.

steelhead
07-31-2009, 07:48 AM
I may be just down for that. have always wanted to do that ever since Jared from Parchers did that running commentary of his exploits a few summers ago. I take it we will be camping?

Some personal issues prevented me from doing my annual Sierras backpack trip with some good buddies from this board a few weeks ago, but its past and I'm on for the trip again. Unfortunately, I think my bros here on FNN can't get the time off from work so I'm back to square one: a solo trip.

Most of my pack trips have been solo, but company would be good. Anyone who's up for a 4-5 mile haul one-way with about a 1600 foot elevation gain in the first 2-3 miles is welcome to join. We'll pass 6 or 7 lakes, an 11,500 ft. pass, and some great stream fishing for browns, brooks, 'bows, and possibly goldens in a few high country lakes.

PM for details.

SkunkyZach
07-31-2009, 08:17 AM
Have a blast guys. I wish I could go, but finances are tight right now. So, instead I'm gonna head North to my Mountains in the San Bernadino Forest..

I wonder whos gonna catch better quality fish???:Envious:

HAVE FUN GUYS!!!

tacklejunkie
07-31-2009, 08:48 AM
I wonder whos gonna catch better quality fish???:Envious:

The Sierras have bigger and over all better quality fish, but if you look hard some of the spots in socal have some amazingly sized beauties as well.

dragracer
07-31-2009, 11:08 AM
I haven't gone backpacking in years, I really want to get back into doing it. All my buddies have turned... well... let' say they aren't John Muir anymore.... To bad, I've already used most of my vacation this summer. If I would've known about a month ago, I would've defintely went with you!

mth1997
07-31-2009, 12:37 PM
I haven't gone backpacking in years, I really want to get back into doing it. All my buddies have turned... well... let' say they aren't John Muir anymore.... To bad, I've already used most of my vacation this summer. If I would've known about a month ago, I would've defintely went with you!

Yeah, I know how it feels. NONE of my close friends are into this type of thing, which is why most of my trips have been solo. I've been trying to get my wife to go on a local short trip, but its a work in progress ; )

Steelhead, most certainly we will be camping. Its about a 4-5 mile hike with a 40lb. pack. All carry in and carry out.

TJ, pm sent in a few minutes.

tacklejunkie
07-31-2009, 08:25 PM
Mike,
I'm not going to be able to make this one bro. (unless for some magic reason things change)
That reel kicked my butt for a while as far as funds.
I'm gonna have to stay local. I owe you a mission to the local hills though for sure.

I wish I could make it back up to the Sierras again this summer but might not until Oct again with the GF. Soooo many places I want to go fish! I love getting them on the fly off a lake! Sight fly fishing is where it's at baby. I'm bringing that 6" trout swimbait next time too for sure.

If anybody has the time free, I'd really recommend checking this stuff out. Grab a backpack and a GOOD sleeping bag and some pack food and toiletries. Pack light and you'll be set! It will help to have some strong legs like he says! This guy knows how to get one some very nice fly fish in the back country.

Free bump. This is your chance to get those nice fish guys! Somebody jump on it! You won't be disappointed.

mth1997
07-31-2009, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the kind words TJ. As for a local mission soon, just call it out brutha. Look for a PM tomorrow, what a day I had today!!!!