PDA

View Full Version : Reviews on the Sea Angler out of 22nd street?

OMWAA
07-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Planning to go on the Sea Angler Friday the 7th. Supposedly they run an extended 3/4 day. Haven't been up on the local boat scene and just want to see how the boat is run. I used to go out on the Pierpoint out of Pierpoint landing but that was 5 years ago.

Erik

victor101
07-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Planning to go on the Sea Angler Friday the 7th. Supposedly they run an extended 3/4 day. Haven't been up on the local boat scene and just want to see how the boat is run. I used to go out on the Pierpoint out of Pierpoint landing but that was 5 years ago.

Erik

The sea angler runs sand dab trips during the winter. Ive been on it a couple times and the sand dab fishing was automatic as usual. As for the type of fishing they are doing NOW (sand bass and barracuda) I dont know...space is limited on this boat and im sure casting jigs and flylining can be a hassle...On a WFO bite im sure what boat youre on doesnt matter as much. In my opinion, there are better boats out there.

List of 3/4-full day boats im gonna go on in the near future:

-Tradition 3/4 day Redondo Sportfishing(formerly the Pierpoint that you've been on)
-Tide Change full day Long Beach Sportfishing
-Spitfire 3/4 day Marina Del Rey Sportfishing
-Freelance 3/4 day Davey's Locker Sportfishing
-Victory 3/4 day Pierpoint Landing

the above have a reputation for putting you on fish and for having great captains and helpfull crews.

OMWAA
07-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks for your informative answer. I was interested in that boat because it's only $48 compared to $60-$65 on other boats.

victor101
07-30-2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks for your informative answer. I was interested in that boat because it's only $48 compared to $60-$65 on other boats.

Spitfire is $55

Tide change is buy 2 tickets get 1 free so it comes out to about $44 per ticket

Pursuit on wednessday runs a $45 special

Freelance I believe kids fish free or something

There are some deals out there just gotta keep your eyes and ears open...