PDA

View Full Version : Santa Ana River Carp round 2 7/29/09

OMWAA
07-30-2009, 08:32 AM
After the amazing fishing experience I had yesterday I had to go back and get another slice of the wide open large carpen actioin. Brought my roommate Ca$h along to prove the tall tales of big goldens. Got to the spot at about 6 right after some hard workin for the County.

We started walking the shore..........no fish...........did he call my bluff? We walk a little more..........no fish.......I'm starting to worry. My friends have always said I'm full of it, maybe they're right. Then we finally see one, then another. Ca$h takes a couple casts but they're scared off. I pull out the hooks and start tying up my rig. I look over at Ca$h and he's staring intently at the water. He makes the cast..........FISH ON........ After a long hard battle he lands the beast. Nice 8 lber! I got a picture of it this time too. (the picture will have to wait till tomorrow, I was late for work and couldn't find Ca$h's camera)

He had to go to a softball game and left shortly there after. I stayed around and got the big old skunk. I'll be back there tonight after work to help my girlfriend catch her first carp. Wish her luck!

The fish were everywhere yesterday........nowhere today........go figure.

bass assassin#23
07-30-2009, 10:56 AM
nice report lookin forward to see those pics.

OMWAA
07-30-2009, 11:06 AM
Round 3 is tonight......gonna get that camera get some pics of the knarly carp I'm sure await me and the pic of my friends yesterday.