View Full Version : CBass and friends

Anglerboi
07-30-2009, 02:48 AM
Departure: A one to many snoozes late 7am
Bait: 4/5 alive sardines with blue and brown colors and :Cool::Cool:
water temp: 72degrees
water calarity: very good in some spots dirty in others
ee
Decided last min and went out this past saturday to try for some surface action on the cuda or whatever. It was a sweet day with clear skies,grease like conditions perfect day to test out my buddies 21ft CC and make sure everything is running smoothly.
So after picking up some weak sauce sardines our game plan was to try and sack up some reds figuring no ones really been fishing the local reef so i hoped it be decent but the slack tides kept out drifts pretty short. We all decided no one wanted to contantly wind in 230-250ft for little starrys. So we moved on around 10 am towards the kelpline looking for some biting Calichoes. The water was absolutely clean visibility was atleast 15-20ft deep. Anyways there was a lot of life that day and we caught a few fish but not the bite we were looking for. After about an hour we ran out of sardines and were low on the freshdead so we decided to make a quick 15 ride down to san pedro and loaded up on some live candy to spice things up. Before we headed back towards out spot there were couple of new spots we decided to stop that looked like the right conditions and im glad we stopped there. By noon we were on the backend of the peak tide and were on a good nonstop action on the calicos. We got a few sheepheads,treefish, cudas, sandies, etc as well. about 20 mins into sliding out our squids my buddy hooks up on a screamer thought we lost it about twice fishing in 40ft but the fish managed to stay on the hook i think it went 20-25maybe need a scale but our first exotic on his new boat. It was a pretty epic day hope the bite continues. I wished i took better and more pictures but was to busy fishing. My buddy went out again the next day with some freshdead and slayed some nice fat calicos.

hbomb
07-30-2009, 07:29 AM
Persistence paid off, awesome jobe dude...

russ88
07-30-2009, 08:38 AM
Good call on the squirts and checking out a new area. Nice haul!

supasportkid
07-30-2009, 09:53 AM
good job out there man! im never to lucky in that area. thanks for the report

JapanRon
07-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Hi Anglerboi,

Good job all~around !!

Thanks for the report and pics.

JapanRon

LA Smoker
07-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Good job Eddie, but do us all a favor and try to CR the breeders. I'm gonna go make some popcorn.

Anglerboi
08-03-2009, 01:10 AM
bob you forgot to put the butter and calico filet on your the popcorn:Secret:

primo55
08-03-2009, 09:30 PM
good catch!!