PDA

View Full Version : Hesperia duct 7/29 fish jumping all night

biggyfan1
07-30-2009, 02:02 AM
ive been hitting the duct in hesperia and catching like crazy. Bad thing is that im only catching cat fish. I just got back and its 2:00am. Caught a real nice cat 7lbs. then just some small ones. Hey guys what fish are jumping all night at the duct? Fish were jumping like freakin crazy it was unreal, ive never seen it like this before. some of the splash's were huge.

vanillagurilla
07-30-2009, 04:18 AM
carp or stripers.

yolo
07-30-2009, 04:54 AM
I would say 90% probability that it is carp.

biggyfan1
07-30-2009, 12:11 PM
i wouldnt mind catching a carp just for fun. i have herd they put up a nice fight. I would C&R them. What do carp bite on? and do you float the bait or let it hit the bottom?

OMWAA
07-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Sink some corn or "boilies" (homemade dough) to the bottom near the shore.

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Carp or Catfish...I've seen the catfish do it too....

I don't know about that area but beleive it or not occasionally they are stripers (most often not)

I had a debate about this one night and the fish's splash was signifigantly different, stripers have a distinctive sound of their splash and ferocity...that particular night I mentioned we debated as to they wer carp or striper....

I worked that zone dilligently with a KPN and got 2 stripers...Toads too about 8 & 15 lbs

BUT...one must note that the splash and attack was different than the normal pop's you hear and fish jumping and slapping on their sides.

Most of the fish you see or hear I'd guess are not stripers but you should never just assume that....you'll need to tune yourself in to how a striper smashes and sounds when they do it...

I personally have never spoken to anyone who has caught a carp in the duct but it's clear they are there...

No question kitties do it too though....theres no way to ever say for sure till you lay steel to a few...

Go get 'em tiger !

take pics...we like pics.....you should take some pics...pictures tell a thousand words...

Just follin about' heh heh heh...

I know corn works good for carp or a masa harina & corn meal mix - mix w water and create a dough...

try it out...let us know how things go