PDA

View Full Version : So Cals cheapest places?

Jimmy310
07-30-2009, 01:43 AM
Which are So Cals least expensive lakes to boat at.
Im talking about entry fee, launch fee, and over all fees.
All help is greatly appreciated.
:Wink:

vanillagurilla
07-30-2009, 04:21 AM
i think lake perris and silverwood are both $8 for entry and $8 for launch giving u a total of $16 bucks... i dont think u can beat that.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-30-2009, 08:33 AM
i don't know for sure dog, but when me and the kids overnighted at big bear some dude just rolled up with his old lady and droped in there 8ft alum boat and proped off..check big bear...

NoHo ART
07-30-2009, 10:05 AM
hansen dam :ROFL:
its free but only electric motors allowed

Mojave River Angler
07-30-2009, 12:26 PM
If you are willing to confine most of your activities to a few bodies of water you can keep the cost per visit down pretty good. I'v decided to limit my annual pass purchases to 2 lakes for the year. I always dothe Lake Isabella annual pass ($45) and this year I've added a annual pass for my kayak at Big Bear ($40). I enjoy visiting new waters, but as the budget tightens, I'll just stick with what I have passes for. I've been avoiding the places where I have to pay every visit. That can add up to some serious cash in a year. Aslo be aware of what else you get with your pass. At lake Isabella there are "no fee" campgrounds that I can use...as long as I have the lake pass. This saves me...well, now it is $17 a night (was $8 untill all hell broke loose)...to hang out at the lake. So look at the overall value of that pass before you decide what to buy. At Big Bear, my pass only gets the kayak in the water. Fortunately, there are free launch ramps/parking in a couple of places.

Just throwing out some points to consider

MRA

murrieta angler
07-30-2009, 05:52 PM
Shoot! If you go down to Mission Bay in San Diego you park and launch for FREE!!! Just stay in the bay and fish!?! Good Luck:Big Grin:

xjdesertfox
07-30-2009, 06:03 PM
hansen dam :ROFL:
its free but only electric motors allowed

just make sure you drive in a zig zag motion to avoid the gunshots :ROFL:

Bassnman Mike
07-30-2009, 06:30 PM
I always dothe Lake Isabella annual pass ($45) Aslo be aware of what else you get with your pass. At lake Isabella there are "no fee" campgrounds that I can use...as long as I have the lake pass.

MRA

Isabella gets my vote, then again it is my favorite lake as well as the closest lake to me.

Jimmy310
07-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the info guys.

I am asking since I need to try out my boat. This way I can make sure everything is working properly.
I appreciate the yearly pass thing as I will need it later.
For now I just want a cheap place to test the boat out.

Once again thank you

vanillagurilla
07-31-2009, 11:48 AM
well... go to whats closest to you.