PDA

View Full Version : inflatable boat for lakes?

markl323
07-29-2009, 02:19 PM
has anyone used one of these for fishing at the lakes (castaic, DV)? i wonder if it is viable. it seems like a good alternative for a real boat.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21276-cat21340_TGP&id=0030645018266a&navCount=2&podId=0030645&parentId=cat21340&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=9IS&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat21340&hasJS=true

BassinPLS
07-29-2009, 06:37 PM
DVL requiries a boat to be a minium of 12 feet long. Here are the boat reg's I copied from their web page:

Boating Guidelines
Boats equipped with sink drains or flush toilets are barred unless the drains and toilets are sealed, inoperable, or are designed so that no waste can be discharged into the lakes.
Boats must be at least 12 feet long, 42 inches wide, and have 12 inches of freeboard at idle speed.[/U] Multi-hulled boats must have solid and fixed decking. Engine noise must not exceed 75 decibels at a distance of 50 feet with the engine running at 80% of redline RPM. All engines must be unmodified, standard equipment.
Touring and recreation style kayaks, at least 10 feet long with seating for all passengers inside the boat, are allowed.
No sit on-top of kayaks are allowed.
Alcohol is not permitted on boats or marina at Diamond Valley Lake.
All boats must carry approved life jackets for each person aboard. Type B fire extinguishers are required on boats where a fire hazard could be expected from the motors of the fuel system.
Metropolitan can close the lake at any time and the number of boats on the lake will be determined by lake elevation, public safety considerations and water quality concerns.
The speed limit for all watercraft on Diamond Valley Lake is 25mph. The maximum speed for boats within 200 feet of the shore, dams, other operational structures and in marina areas is 5mph.
Pets are not allowed on boats.
All boats must receive an MWD inspection sticker before getting onto Diamond Valley Lake. Inspections will be done at Diamond Valley Lake but it is recommended that your boat is inspection prior to arrival.

I hope this was helpful.

BassinPLS

vanillagurilla
07-29-2009, 06:50 PM
so no float tubing dvl?