PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Clark Park Lake 7/27/09

OMWAA
07-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Wow how can you call this place a lake? It looks to be about 2 feet deep at the most! I was sitting there trying to catch a fish with the 20 other people crowded around the kiddie pool and started to think..............wtf am I doing with my life? haha Anyways for those of you who haven't gone.........don't. Go fish in the bass pro shop tank......probably bigger anyways.

smokinflies
07-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Wow how can you call this place a lake? It looks to be about 2 feet deep at the most! I was sitting there trying to catch a fish with the 20 other people crowded around the kiddie pool and started to think..............wtf am I doing with my life? haha Anyways for those of you who haven't gone.........don't. Go fish in the bass pro shop tank......probably bigger anyways.

what are you talking about, that's a cool little lake. i think you just had a bad experience with the crowds. did you try fishing the larger side of the lake?

NICKYMOUSE8
07-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Dude don't hurt the ''RALPHY'S CREW''feelings:Secret:j/k i personally have enjoyed visiting the aquarium from time to time 3 bucks c'mon it's lathered in gravy mang i like that it's c&r only lake for bass eluding stock fish:Big Grin:

OMWAA
07-29-2009, 02:00 PM
I didn't really see a bigger or a smaller side. Have you guys had good fishing there? I saw some nice sized bass in there and I like that its 5 minutes from my house, but I'll probably stick to laguna.

Troutman65
07-29-2009, 02:18 PM
The Bass bite has been great at Irvine Lake the last 3 weeks.:My Two Cents::Big Grin::Wink:

OMWAA
07-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Yeah I used to fish Irvine all the time. Isn't it $22 to fish there now?

a biley
07-29-2009, 09:33 PM
That place is awesome!@! further out is way deeper than 2 ft. It's a hard place to fish since it's clear as drinking water, that's the problem.

Fish natural shad colors downsized. Like someone said, maybe bad experience with the crowds. Not much people usually when I go during the weekdays

hoytrecurver
07-29-2009, 10:36 PM
I didn't really see a bigger or a smaller side. Have you guys had good fishing there? I saw some nice sized bass in there and I like that its 5 minutes from my house, but I'll probably stick to laguna.

Catching bass there is kinda tough. Only saw a bass caught once but was on the smaller side. I did manage to catch two juvenile bass on separate occasions while fishing for gills. Bass is only C&R. I already seen quite a few large ones cruising around. There is also at least one carp there. The two biggest gills that I caught were around 8" and almost had a catfish. The cat was three feet away from the shore and then my line broke! Used Hogwild as bait and had a few other hits but no hookups on a few other occasions. Not sure if it's being stocked with cats by the city. Haven't seen anyone catch anything large lately.

NICKYMOUSE8
07-29-2009, 10:48 PM
That's right a biley i phucking slayed that place, bass could not resist my proven patterns:Wink:

a biley
07-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Since the place is C&R, I guess I can post pictures of the bass I've caught there... Should I?

NICKYMOUSE8
07-29-2009, 10:59 PM
If you'd like? I have so many pictures of me and my catches it feels like a shame to not let the forums see how i do my thang!but,I guess im waiting for the right one ya know what i mean mang??:Wink:

a biley
07-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Well, here's a few of them I got here. Definitely not telling you what I caught them on or color since it took a while for me to figure out the pattern. But I'll tell you this... downsize, and use LIGHT line.

Not too worried about poachers here since it's a C&R only and you WILL get caught if you do.

NICKYMOUSE8
07-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Ahh yes,those happy days.

OMWAA
07-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Wow! Those are some nice looking bass. Guess I underestimated the power of the local aquarium.

fishntime
07-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Thats a nice park. Where is it at? Looks like a place where I can take the kids.

Koontaj
07-30-2009, 11:29 AM
The Bass bite has been great at Irvine Lake the last 3 weeks.:My Two Cents::Big Grin::Wink:

Of course you would say that, you work their...ha ha.....ya the bass fishing is good their though

Can you get me in for half off...ha ha

smokinflies
07-30-2009, 07:09 PM
nice catches, a biley