PDA

View Full Version : "plan D" The Spitfire 7/28

victor101
07-28-2009, 04:46 PM
OK......

I bugged Ghetto Dad last night while he was in the middle of a wfo bite(my bad) to find out if the Tide Change was getting out. He gave me the number to the hotline and it was a go.

Couldnt get to sleep til 1:30AM and ended up waking up at 3:30am only to hit the snooze button and sleep til 4:30am. Damn! missed the boat. So off to plan B...I wanted to get out to Catalina so i drove to 22nd Street landing to jump on the Pursuit. Park...unload my gear and head over to buy my ticket. "Pursuit isnt going out today. The Sea Angler is getting out and headed over to catch some barracuda and sand bass" I took one look at the 40 people waiting to board and said NO THANKS. Plan C...I think I have enough time to make it to Pierpoint and jump on the Victory. I have a 1/2 off pass i can use...drove to pierpoint...got to shoreline village at 6:15am...DAMN!!! Now what?

Got to Marina Del Rey Sportfishing just as Capt. Craig was closing the loading dock gate. Waved for him to wait for me...unloaded my gear and boarded the Spitfire.

Todays Crew was Derek on deck, Erick in the galley, and Craig driving the boat. The plan was to head over to a spot where they caught some migratory sand bass yesterday. We make a quick stop at a spot just ouside mdr where Craig spots some good marks, some bass are landed...nothing spectacular so we keep on moving. 10 mins into the move the boat turns around. WTH...Please...not the sculpin hole... We spot the New Del Mar in the distance so they must have called us to a good bite.

We get there and the NDM is hanging fish
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/Spitfire001.jpg

We set the anchor...complete mayhem!...Jigs flying everwhere...Barracuda bouncing over the rail...I tried to get some pics but the boils wouldnt let me pull the camera out. I hooked up around 10...Lost a couple at the boat, lost a couple on the boat(in the scupper) Ended up with 6 in my sack. After the bite died down, we looked for some more cudas. They disappeared so off the the structure bass. The bass fishing could of been better, but it was still fun...I broke out the 8# test and filled some dudes sack with blacksmith LOL.

My biggest of the day...Didnt get in the jackpot. I weighed it against the jackpot fish anyway for shtz n' giggles and they were even.
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/Spitfire004.jpg

Fish in my sack
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/Spitfire002.jpg

Im glad i ended up on the Spitfire today. Top notch captain and crew.

hbomb
07-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Nice going cuz, to bad I had a busy day today or else that would of been my fish in the sack, ha ha jk.:ROFL:... great job dudeee gnarlyyy ha ha.

TShaffer
07-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Not bad for plan "D" man. Little variety too.

deanhall32
07-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Nice sac Vic. Your sac seems to get bigger each year!!

4g63power
07-28-2009, 07:36 PM
good going vic! looks like plan D worked out well for ya..so what was plan F

victor101
07-28-2009, 08:19 PM
good going vic! looks like plan D worked out well for ya..so what was plan F

LOL...plan F was "F' This im going back to sleep!"

ghetto dad
07-28-2009, 08:59 PM

:ROFL:sick.....

LOL...plan F was "F' This im going back to sleep!"

:ROFL::ROFL:Great report homie....nice day of fishing man.....

GD

Ricky-Ray
07-28-2009, 09:14 PM

That just sounds wrong in soooooooo many ways.....:ROFL:

Nice job on the cuda's Vic. I gotta give your props for making it to Plan "D", if it were me by Plan "B" or "C" I would have said forget this....I'm going to Norm's for Steak and Eggs and then I'm going home.

cappo
07-28-2009, 09:42 PM
nice cudas homie. Why didnt you try tradition in the 1st place? Afraid of Crakpot Jimmy?

Jackpot Jimmy
07-28-2009, 09:50 PM
nice cudas homie. Why didnt you try tradition in the 1st place? Afraid of Crakpot Jimmy?

Crakpot Jimmy???

The Tradition didn't run today... bait issues...

By the way, nice job on the cudas and bass Vic!

ghetto dad
07-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Crakpot Jimmy???

be careful juan..jimmys gonna do a roll by on your a** on his Razor!! lol

GD

cappo
07-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Crakpot Jimmy???

Oops i meant Yakpot Jimmy.

Jackpot Jimmy
07-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Oops i meant Yakpot Jimmy.

Jimmy the Poacher is more like it...:LOL:

victor101
07-28-2009, 10:21 PM

Thanks Dean...I think... :Confused: I was about to head to SD and jump on the ChubascoII but i wasnt sure if you were gonna be there today.

Nice going cuz, to bad I had a busy day today or else that would of been my fish in the sack, ha ha jk.:ROFL:... great job dudeee gnarlyyy ha ha.

Thanks cuz, Ill let you know next time im heading out for sure.

Not bad for plan "D" man. Little variety too.

Thanks!

:ROFL:sick.....

:ROFL::ROFL:Great report homie....nice day of fishing man.....

GD

It was good to fish with Craig again man... Cant wait to fish the island with Anthony again tho.

That just sounds wrong in soooooooo many ways.....:ROFL:

Nice job on the cuda's Vic. I gotta give your props for making it to Plan "D", if it were me by Plan "B" or "C" I would have said forget this....I'm going to Norm's for Steak and Eggs and then I'm going home.

Thanks RR!

I had a feeling they wouldnt get out since they didnt get out yesterday...

Crakpot Jimmy???

Thanks Jimmy...the guys miss you on the Spitfire. Your pics are all over the photo album.

Odium
07-29-2009, 07:38 AM
Vic IS a hardcore fisherman. . .

My tire blew out for the spitfire meetup a while back. I switched to the spare and went home. I'm thinking Vic would have driven on his rim and would have worried about it after he got back from fishing. . .

murrieta angler
07-30-2009, 06:01 PM
I have to admit Vic, you make me smile when I read your reports....TY and nice fish.

vagabond
08-02-2009, 05:40 PM
thanks for the report,determination paid off..

primo55
08-03-2009, 09:40 PM
good catch,lotta cudas!