PDA

View Full Version : Half chicken on the BBQ

Troutman65
07-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Yes, I know the third recipe on chicken. I have been eating Yardbird often.

Ok , This is another way to cut your chicken . Right now whole young chickens are on sale at some stores. I got 2 last night. I asked the butcher if he would cut them in half down the middle so you end up with two halfs that have half breast , leg , wing etc. The young girl bagging the grocery's commented that she had never seen anyone buy a chicken cut in half like that before. I told her that I grill it on the BBQ and each person gets a half of chicken. You can season it any way . I like to put BBQ sauce on at the end. Just thought someone might like to try this . I do grill it indrectly on the weber untill the meat is 180* .

Seening a half chicken grilled to perfection on your plate is just Awesome in my book

BrownTrout
07-31-2009, 12:48 PM
try this, rub your chicken down with whatever floats your boat. smoke that sucker low for about 1 hour. use whatever wood chips/chunks you want, these are so many. keep temp low so it doesnt cook inside, just get it smoky. cut it in half yourself with a large kitchen knife, then fishish it over hot coals. mmmmmmm.