PDA

View Full Version : The Vine Aug 15th,Fish Fry n Camp out

troutdog
07-28-2009, 01:58 AM
Schedule of events:
*Friday the 14th fishing "King of the Cats" Tourney

*Saturday the 15th fish fry @ 5pm!

It seems like the summers are flying by quicker and quicker each year and before we know it Summer 2009 will be in the books. With that said I think it is time we gather in mass to beat the heat and enjoy some Team57 comaraderie under the stars around a campfire.

I am often asked by PM how to join Team57, imo if you post on FNN and are a good person who respects others then you are already part of the team!

I actually plan on being at the Vine by Friday afternoon in an attempt to qualify for the "King of the Cats" tourney going on Friday and add some fresh fish to the Saturday night fry, so feel free to join in on the fun for the entire weekend...it is going to be a blast!

We will be doing a potluck SATURDAY night around 5pm so if you plan on having something to eat, please bring something to share and help make this a success...tables, charcoal, firewood and extra ice are always welcome!

*side note: on Saturday August 15th from 1-9pm Irvine Lake will be hosting the "1969 Woodstock" event. If you are not coming out for Friday night's tourney and can come out early on Saturday to try reserve an extra camping spot that would be ideal, hopefully this will allow us to all camp adjacent to eachother!

As of now we are planning on camping adjacent to the kids lagoon, more details to follow so stay tuned to this post and I will update it!

So who is in?

1. Troutdog +1 catfish filets, a few bags of cookies & a case of water
2. Hitts0n
3. Granny and Pappafish
4. Hitts0n
5. Sue
6. NoHoArt
7. NoHoVickie
8. Capt Boracho +3 beverages n beef

TD

Fisherman57
07-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the PM & invite Aaron!..... it sounds like alot of fun, and I wish I could make it, but being only two weekends away from our big LEGENDS III event...... I'll be too busy getting things ready to make it down there that weekend.. :Crying:

Hope everyone has a great time and I hope to see everyone at Legends III also!
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=32559

Granny Fish
07-28-2009, 02:51 PM
It will be tough to be there early for us since I have to work Friday, but we will make an honest effort to make it happen. Can't commit to what we will bring, but we will bring something that is easy to purchase and carry that everyone will be sure to enjoy. :Wink:

Hitts0n
07-28-2009, 03:54 PM
I will try to make this.
Add me to the list

troutdog
07-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the PM & invite Aaron!..... it sounds like alot of fun, and I wish I could make it, but being only two weekends away from our big LEGENDS III event...... I'll be too busy getting things ready to make it down there that weekend.. :Crying:

Hope everyone has a great time and I hope to see everyone at Legends III also!
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=32559

Totally understandable, see you at the Legends event!

It will be tough to be there early for us since I have to work Friday, but we will make an honest effort to make it happen. Can't commit to what we will bring, but we will bring something that is easy to purchase and carry that everyone will be sure to enjoy. :Wink:

Get there when you can, hope to see you on the water Friday and at the fish fry Saturday!

I will try to make this.
Add me to the list

There will be no "trying", see you there BIG DOG!(invite Toya as other ladies will be present as well :Wink:)

TD

MAVERICK27
07-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Myself and crvz are most likely in! Let me confirm...thanks for the heads up buddy!!!

candyman
07-28-2009, 05:07 PM
OH man I am going to try my best to be there because I don't believe I will make legends, so I need to go to this one. I'll give you a call some time this week.

Sue
07-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Ok, just checked my calendar and it's the weekend after we get back from New Orleans. Add me to the list, but I won't be there till around 7pm on the Friday :Smile:

NoHo ART
07-28-2009, 05:53 PM
i'll be there bro
i just hope i get the boat ready by then if not gonna have to rent a toon :Envious:

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the invite but I won't be able to make this one.

Please dedicate at least 1 nice cold one by the campfire to me if you would though.

I'll be there in spirit but I'll see everyone at the Legends event.

Have a great time and I might be inclined to say: "dont do anything that I wouldnt do !" but I'm not sure theres anything that I might not do !" at least once ! ha ha ha

So get out there and "do it !"

slay em up...and drink 'em down....get your fishin' on and clown around
by the campfire or by the shore...when your done catchin' feesh an drinkin'...drink some mo'

Ha ha ha..

Good luck,
Gary

olfishergal
07-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the invite TD........Invites from the crew have been few and far between these days........I blame it on the poor economy. I have a committment on the 16th, but will do my best to get out of it cuz I would rather hang with the Team 57 crew. Will let you know, but me thinks a few folks would be happy if I not show. Am sure you will all have a good time one way or another. YUMMM Fish Fry.......Dr Hook frying? OFG

troutdog
07-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Myself and crvz are most likely in! Let me confirm...thanks for the heads up buddy!!!

Keep me posted MaV and I will add you to the list buddy, be great to see you and the family (CrvZ guacamole? :Envious:)

OH man I am going to try my best to be there because I don't believe I will make legends, so I need to go to this one. I'll give you a call some time this week.

Be great to have you and the crew present and accounted for Phyl, lemme know! Talk to you soon...

Ok, just checked my calendar and it's the weekend after we get back from New Orleans. Add me to the list, but I won't be there till around 7pm on the Friday :Smile:

Sound great Sue, see if you can get Gator to come out and play too!

i'll be there bro
i just hope i get the boat ready by then if not gonna have to rent a toon :Envious:

Art be sure to bring your better half otherwise you are not invited :Wink:

Thanks for the invite but I won't be able to make this one.

Please dedicate at least 1 nice cold one by the campfire to me if you would though.

I'll be there in spirit but I'll see everyone at the Legends event.

Have a great time and I might be inclined to say: "dont do anything that I wouldnt do !" but I'm not sure theres anything that I might not do !" at least once ! ha ha ha

So get out there and "do it !"

slay em up...and drink 'em down....get your fishin' on and clown around
by the campfire or by the shore...when your done catchin' feesh an drinkin'...drink some mo'

Ha ha ha..

Good luck,
Gary

Nice lil tune there Gary, thanks for all the positive mojo...not only will a cold one be dedicated to you, but upon setting the hook on a fat kitty I will yell at the top of my lungs "FEEL THE STEEL MR WHISKERS!!!!!" :Wink:

See you at LegendsIII Gary!

Thanks for the invite TD........Invites from the crew have been few and far between these days........I blame it on the poor economy. I have a committment on the 16th, but will do my best to get out of it cuz I would rather hang with the Team 57 crew. Will let you know, but me thinks a few folks would be happy if I not show. Am sure you will all have a good time one way or another. YUMMM Fish Fry.......Dr Hook frying? OFG

Chris first and foremost, don't let anything stop you from enjoying yourself...I had a similar situation and I ALMOST let it keep me from doing what I wanted. I am so glad I decided otherwise, I hope you do the same and join us!

I'm hopeful Doctorhook will grace us with his culinary skills, I'll keep you posted :Smile:

TD

MAN VS WILD
07-29-2009, 12:08 AM
I will definitely try to make it on Friday but will have to miss the fish fry due to it's my Mom's and grandmas b-day party.

FISH ON!!!

troutdog
07-29-2009, 08:40 PM
I will definitely try to make it on Friday but will have to miss the fish fry due to it's my Mom's and grandmas b-day party.

FISH ON!!!

Be great to see you MvW, I have a really good feeling about fishing Friday....I'm feeling some fishy vibes and its over two weeks away! :LOL:

TD

Captain Boracho
07-29-2009, 09:21 PM
U know team boracho will be there with booze and freshly slaughtered cow. Me plus three aaron.

troutdog
07-29-2009, 10:05 PM
U know team boracho will be there with booze and freshly slaughtered cow. Me plus three aaron.

You always have a way with words my friend :LOL:

TD

NoHo ART
07-29-2009, 10:57 PM
some how im having this feeling that this is gonna be a wild weekend http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n336/Cinzia58/emoticon/vino.gif

Captain Boracho
07-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Tell me about it art. Wasn't it the funniest night ever when we all packed into the skiff that night. My ribs hurt so much the next day. Let's get a toon this time oraybe a couple and tie em off for added comedy. See u there.

some how im having this feeling that this is gonna be a wild weekend http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n336/Cinzia58/emoticon/vino.gif

Trout Nine
07-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the heads up....Need to check on the dates

bruce watson
07-30-2009, 08:31 PM
I just got out of the hospital last Saturday and don't know if I would be up for camping yet. I talked to OFG and we might be there the afternoon of the 14th if she can get that day off. I had a triple cardiac blockage resolved and I don't believe I could launch and retrieve my boat alone.

NoHo ART
07-30-2009, 08:58 PM
bruce if im there id be glad to help you with lunching and retrieving
i'll pm you my #

bruce watson
07-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Art, thanks for the offer. I'm pretty sure things will be OK. It's just a wait and see.

troutdog
07-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the heads up....Need to check on the dates

No problem T9, hope to see you out there...I have been told fish fear you at the Vine upon your arrival! :LOL:

I just got out of the hospital last Saturday and don't know if I would be up for camping yet. I talked to OFG and we might be there the afternoon of the 14th if she can get that day off. I had a triple cardiac blockage resolved and I don't believe I could launch and retrieve my boat alone.

Be great to see you out there, just let me know as the day approaches and I would be happy to help out anyway I can. Wishing you a speedy recovery Bruce.

bruce if im there id be glad to help you with lunching and retrieving
i'll pm you my #

Art I have watched you in action, let me do the honors as I know Bruce values his boat :Wink: :LOL:

TD

dodgers91485
07-31-2009, 03:16 AM
I would love to make it to this event..I am going to have to wait until the week before though to see if I can make it. Is that fine?

troutdog
07-31-2009, 02:37 PM
I would love to make it to this event..I am going to have to wait until the week before though to see if I can make it. Is that fine?

Absolutely, be great to meet a new member to the board...especially a Dodger fan! :Thumbs Up: Hope you can make it out.

TD

pasadenafishin
08-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Hi, i wont be able to go to the vine the 15 but i will be there the 14th during the tournament king of cats thing

dodgers91485
08-01-2009, 11:08 AM
what exactly is this tournament of cats thing and how do you qualify for it?

pasadenafishin
08-01-2009, 01:04 PM
what exactly is this tournament of cats thing and how do you qualify for it?

its called king of cats. It is irvines catfish equivalent of the trout masters tournament
more info-http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=33396&highlight=king+cats

Hitts0n
08-04-2009, 11:29 AM
So far that day I get off at 8pm.Now the saturday I still dont know.

Sue
08-06-2009, 10:47 AM
I'm soooo looking forward to it! First kitty hunt of the season for me :ROFL:

Hitts0n
08-06-2009, 12:13 PM
there's no real unless hitt's is there! I'm in beeeeee0tcheZ!!

troutdog
08-06-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm soooo looking forward to it! First kitty hunt of the season for me :ROFL:

Leave it to you to catch a DD kitty this weekend then, looking forward to seeing you Sue!

there's no real unless hitt's is there! I'm in beeeeee0tcheZ!!

Hitts you been taking posting lessons from Frenchy? Aside from the fact you will be there, what exactly are you trying to say? :LOL:

TD

Rooster
08-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Thx for the invite,,, :ROFL: I must be out of the Irvine LOOP these days..
Have fun ya blue bastage! Let me know when Trout season begins

troutdog
08-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Thx for the invite,,, :ROFL: I must be out of the Irvine LOOP these days..
Have fun ya blue bastage! Let me know when Trout season begins

Wait I had heard you were allergic to catfish, c'mon out and join us you ol coot! :Wink:

TD

Troutman65
08-07-2009, 12:05 PM
I'll be there :Wink:

Yeah Rooster, come out for some CATFISH :!!!::LOL::Big Grin::Wink:

Rooster
08-07-2009, 07:09 PM
I'll be there :Wink:

Yeah Rooster, come out for some CATFISH :!!!::LOL::Big Grin::Wink:
Sounds like a blast! Are the trout all dead? Jacuzzi?

Hitts0n
08-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Sounds like a blast! Are the trout all dead? Jacuzzi?

Just come and hang out with good company r00st !

troutdog
08-09-2009, 08:51 PM
It is only Sunday and I'm already wishing it was Friday! then again the summer has flown by already, so I guess I shouldn't wish it away :Wink:

I went to the Vine this past weekend to scope things out and it looks like the water level is down to the point we can resume camping below the fish cleaning station(no RVs though) so that will more than likely be the spot this weekend, I'll confirm that by Thursday at the latest otherwise worse case scenario we'll be back in Woodys Cove. (sorry for the blurry pic, but you get the idea hopefully)
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/Vinewaterlevel.jpg

I'm also hearing there are no wood burning fires until we get some rain, I'll update this thread if I hear otherwise....so for now don't bother with firewood. Charcoal and propane bbqs are still okay.

TD

olfishergal
08-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Unfortunately, I have a previous committment made several months ago, so won't be able to make it...........darn it anyway.......too bad its not sunday......c u all at legends 3........OFG

Hitts0n
08-09-2009, 09:07 PM
I dunno if I should go friday night,or saturday morning.

troutdog
08-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Unfortunately, I have a previous committment made several months ago, so won't be able to make it...........darn it anyway.......too bad its not sunday......c u all at legends 3........OFG

Sorry you can't make it Chris, see you at the end of the month on the big day!

I dunno if I should go friday night,or saturday morning.

See you Friday night for the tourney foolio!

KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE MYSTERY GUEST OUT ON THE LAKE SATURDAY AFTERNOON IN A PONTOON FULL OF HOTTIES :Wink:

TD

troutdog
08-12-2009, 12:53 PM
It looks like we are going to be camping in the area adjacent to the kids lagoon, Woody's Cove is set aside for the concert goers and the area below the fish cleaning station is set aside for vendors....if you have any problems shoot me a PM or call me, most of you already have my cell phone number.

See you at the lake!

TD

2quikmotorwerks
08-13-2009, 06:56 AM
KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE MYSTERY GUEST OUT ON THE LAKE SATURDAY AFTERNOON IN A PONTOON FULL OF HOTTIES :Wink:

TDpontoon full of hotties:EyePop::EyePop::EyePop: i dont surpose that hitts is bringin out his angels is he?

ghetto dad
08-13-2009, 08:05 AM
:Evil: grrrr....I so wish I could make this trip.....DAMN WORK!! :Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil::E vil::Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil:

Have fun everyone......

GD

troutdog
08-13-2009, 09:09 AM
pontoon full of hotties:EyePop::EyePop::EyePop: i dont surpose that hitts is bringin out his angels is he?

Hitts ain't the only players beseide you n me on FNN Omar :Wink:

:Evil: grrrr....I so wish I could make this trip.....DAMN WORK!! :Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil::E vil::Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil:

Have fun everyone......

GD

Just a heads up Bing and I plan to take the kids over to the kids lagoon the night before Legends, maybe you and your girls can make it then? Talk to you soon dude!

TD

Sue
08-13-2009, 09:35 AM
pontoon full of hotties:EyePop::EyePop::EyePop: i dont surpose that hitts is bringin out his angels is he?

I didn't get no invite to the pontoon......... :ROFL:

troutdog
08-13-2009, 10:26 AM
I didn't get no invite to the pontoon......... :ROFL:

You're reservation has been secured on the "bikini booze cruise" :LOL:

TD

Sue
08-13-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm not going to make it. In too much of a funk and won't be any fun.
Sorry.

Hitts0n
08-13-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm not going to make it. In too much of a funk and won't be any fun.
Sorry.

Sue are you flaking again?:Secret:

Sue
08-13-2009, 11:14 PM
Sue are you flaking again?:Secret:

I don't ******* know, Hitts. I'm in a serious depression right now and have had a horrible day and ugggghh....I suck at life.

Sue
08-13-2009, 11:33 PM
No, I'm not flaking tomorrow!
I'm going to come out around 7pm, and camp and fish and drink and qualify for King of Cats!
Saturday........well, the jambalaya thing is off as we're doing the bbq, but it could very well happen the following weekend.

I AM GOING TO HAVE A FUN WEEKEND! :ROFL:

Hitts0n
08-13-2009, 11:40 PM
You better not flake! We have a dinner date with a 30 pack !!

Sue
08-13-2009, 11:59 PM
You better not flake! We have a dinner date with a 30 pack !!

Flaking on jambalaya - only you agreed to come and I want to have a DINNER PARTY. Will not flake on tomorrow, Saturday day time!

troutdog
08-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Out the door....see you there!

TD