PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Lagoon July 22

swimbait101
07-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Hey everyone, i got up to the lagoon today. first went to gallions to get food and mealworms instead of nightcrawlers. i get to the ramp and i see one guy fishing that i knew from another forum. i unload and start fishing. i start fishing with mealworms and an ika. with only bluegills taking my mealworm. The other guy and i fish for 5 hours with him getting i think a couple bites. I guess the weeds are growing alot near the shore. There was alot of cruising fish but not bass. the only bass i saw where jumping about casting distance from shore. Overall i caught about 7 bluegill, 2 big redears and a small largemouth all on mealworms.
I also saw 2 HUGE bluegill and a carp.

Hometown
07-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Hey everyone, i got up to the lagoon today. first went to gallions to get food and mealworms instead of nightcrawlers. i get to the ramp and i see one guy fishing that i knew from another forum. i unload and start fishing. i start fishing with mealworms and an ika. with only bluegills taking my mealworm. The other guy and i fish for 5 hours with him getting i think a couple bites. I guess the weeds are growing alot near the shore. There was alot of cruising fish but not bass. the only bass i saw where jumping about casting distance from shore. Overall i caught about 7 bluegill, 2 big redears and a small largemouth all on mealworms.
I also saw 2 HUGE bluegill and a carp.

have u hit the lagoon for the bg yet HOMETOWN