PDA

View Full Version : Laughlin Striper Action

JigStop
07-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Just returned from a 3-Day trip to Lauhglin. Son, the Dockmaster, managed a nice assortment of fish, off Harrah's dock and the docks at the Nugget and Pioneer. Boyd Diller, a long time champion of dock fishing on the river and resident of Bullhead City, said it best when he said "match the bait to the fish". :Shocked:

Caught several nice trout to 2lbs. on small jointed rapalas during the dawn bite. But the real action came in the heat. The crowds on Saturday were feeding the ducks and we noticed nice stripers would come to investigate after a few minutes. Caught a 3 pounder around 4pm and was chased off by life guards. Came back at twi-light to score 4 stripers, largest a 12lb. hog. Bait? Pizza crust, on a number 4 mosquito hook suspended about 12 inches from a small weight. Chum to get the ducks coming? Bits of Salsa Verde Doritios and white popcorn:ROFL:

Big Country
07-27-2009, 03:54 PM
You've been on here long enough to know a picture is worth a 1,000 words. Would love to see a pic of a 12 lber from the docks.

JigStop
07-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Right on, kid's had already lost a kayak paddle and cost me $100 for a seadoo rental scratch. So, I left the camera in the room for safe keeping. So, I know what you mean. Best picture would have been when that 3lber. was working him and the beach was full of people. Two kids come up yelling and jumping because his line is on them! Nice thick brown trout infront of the Nugget, who put's them in there?

deanhall32
07-27-2009, 08:57 PM
I saw that chum on sale at the Bass Pro Shops. Kind of expensive though!!

bassassassin
07-27-2009, 10:37 PM
if you throw out anchovies in front of the riverside resort the bite is non stop all day, try it some time. the hotel security will kick you out every other hour though, just keep coming back they dont do anything but yell

Hometown
07-28-2009, 03:18 PM
i go once a year with my works bus trip for 3 days but never checked out the fishing

Troutman65
07-30-2009, 01:25 AM
:Cool: Congrats on the Linesides and trout. Thanks for the post.

bass assassin#23
07-30-2009, 11:00 AM
nice report hopefully i can get a fatty from there this weekend. i will be up this weekend thru the next.

Parrothead
07-30-2009, 11:06 AM
i go once a year with my works bus trip for 3 days but never checked out the fishing

Enterprise Rent a Car? I remember those days. No time for fishing...