PDA

View Full Version : Perris Tubing during the week

tacklejunkie
07-26-2009, 09:24 AM
If anyone wants to tube perris with me next week (during the week) I might be out there. Shoot me a PM, I don't like broadcasting where and when I'm going in public because there's too many haters on here. I'm not trying to get drama while I fish. :Wink:

Skyler
07-26-2009, 09:28 AM
If anyone wants to tube perris with me next week (during the week) I might be out there. Shoot me a PM, I don't like broadcasting where and when I'm going in public because there's too many haters on here. I'm not trying to get drama while I fish. :Wink:

I'm down. I'll be open most of the week. I'll bring the fish finder, he he he. I'll give you a call on tuesday. Later.

tacklejunkie
07-26-2009, 09:32 AM
You gonna bring your yak?
I haven't had my pontoon out in a while. Maybe I'll clean it off and run it through mussel inspections. Don't want to lag behind you too much. haha. Hit me up on Tues and we'll work out a date, launch place and time. Maybe Flying will want to join us if he's gonna be out there... (hint hint!) I'll let ya know what day we go via PM Flying!

Maybe Ronira can score a day free??? Where ya at Rondawg?
Socal? Matt D? Bassguy? VG? I know it's during the week but if you guys got a day free let me know!

vanillagurilla
07-26-2009, 10:46 AM
anyone got a spare tube so i can roll... im mean float with you guys haha.

tacklejunkie
07-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Sure thing. It'll cost you one launch help of my pontoon though. My back is toast mang. Good to see "The T-rig Terror" wants back in on the action :LOL:

Water is nice and warm. Board shorts will do you good.

vanillagurilla
07-26-2009, 03:02 PM
u know it son!

Flying
07-27-2009, 01:20 AM
I'm in. Anyday is fine with me.

You just might see me spin fishing. My wrist got tweaked out a few months ago and needs a rest from the flyrod. Just need to find out where all my conventional crap is.:LOL:

smokinflies
07-27-2009, 06:49 AM
tight lines guys.

Skyler
07-27-2009, 07:57 AM
You gonna bring your yak?
I haven't had my pontoon out in a while. Maybe I'll clean it off and run it through mussel inspections. Don't want to lag behind you too much. haha. Hit me up on Tues and we'll work out a date, launch place and time. Maybe Flying will want to join us if he's gonna be out there... (hint hint!) I'll let ya know what day we go via PM Flying!

Maybe Ronira can score a day free??? Where ya at Rondawg?
Socal? Matt D? Bassguy? VG? I know it's during the week but if you guys got a day free let me know!

Yeah, the yak rocks at perris. I can do laps around the entire shoreline, ha ha ha. I'm probably just gonna be drift fishing though. I find it to be more productive than trolling there. As for the mussel inspections, I have yet to go through that BS yet. Anybody in the know have any tips? I know my rig has to be clean and dry. Anything else I should know?

samgann93
07-27-2009, 10:44 AM
as long as the rig is dry then u should be fine. thats all they really checked me for.

vanillagurilla
07-27-2009, 11:40 AM
yeah but dnt u have to wait in the boat line?

tacklejunkie
07-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Not for dry inflatables uninflated and stowed on your car seat. They are obviously then clean and dry, and require no slip. Or so the guy told me anyways when I got my slip.

My pontoon will have to go through inspections. I gotta make sure I can take the truck, otherwise we might have to borrow a tube from Flying. I'll know by tonight.

Just checked on the shore bite this morning and had 4 fish on in 4 hours. Not too good but not too bad. Biggest maybe 3lbs max. No reaction fish this morning. (but then again I didn't throw a pointer) Report due up momentarily.

Skyler
07-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Not for dry inflatables uninflated and stowed on your car seat. They are obviously then clean and dry, and require no slip. Or so the guy told me anyways when I got my slip.

My pontoon will have to go through inspections. I gotta make sure I can take the truck, otherwise we might have to borrow a tube from Flying. I'll know by tonight.

Just checked on the shore bite this morning and had 4 fish on in 4 hours. Not too good but not too bad. Biggest maybe 3lbs max. No reaction fish this morning. (but then again I didn't throw a pointer) Report due up momentarily.

I also have an extra float tube and fins. Should I bring it?

tacklejunkie
07-27-2009, 04:16 PM
I'll know tonight weather or not I'll have the pontoon handy.
thanks for the backup guys. I'll get back to you on that. If you want to bring the extras anyways just in case if it's not too much trouble that would be way cool. VG and I would appreciate having the option.

I'll get back to you guys tonight for sure.

vanillagurilla
07-27-2009, 04:29 PM
i got fins if u just wana bring the tube skyler. thanx a ton... havent float tubed since the last time at perris with tj and matt.

tacklejunkie
07-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Yeah I think I'll have my pontoon too so I will have one too.
We got you covered skillet. You guys gotta show me how to work my braid. lol I lost a nice gambler spinnerbait (http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpageGAMBUNDER-GMO.html#pImage) today on my first braid backlash casting with no spool tension like 2 miles. :LOL: the 12lb broke at the Uni to Uni. I knew I shouldn't have been trying to squeeze every inch out of my cast. :Razz: The uni going through the guides is weird too.

Ronira
07-27-2009, 06:31 PM
What,s this I hear? Tooning in at Perris? mmmmmm? What day dawg? I aint got no stinking braid though.

tacklejunkie
07-27-2009, 07:43 PM
PM sent Rondawg. You won't need any braid! :LOL:

bassguy
07-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Wish I could make it out with you guys during the week, unfortunately we have major layoffs going on right now, don't need to give them a reason to get rid of me. If you guys decided to tube on a Saturday, let me know, I will make the drive out there. Look forward to the post. Good luck.

vanillagurilla
07-27-2009, 08:40 PM
dnt worry TJ i picked up some braid today and im gona spool it up and show u how we do it. u do need some spool control thou expecialy with spinner baits and other skirted or high wind resistance baits. see u on the water then TJ?

Skyler
07-27-2009, 09:41 PM
I can't help with the backlashes, as my braid is all spooled on spinning gear, and I don't know much about baitcasters. But I will say that unlike mono, your braid gets better with every use, not worse. I've been using the same two spools since january, and every time I use 'em they feel even better. As for the uni-to-uni, yeah, it feels weird at first, kinda like a bobber stop. How many wraps are you using on each side, and how thick is the braid? I find a bit of superglue at the knot makes it slid through the guides a bit better.

Flying
07-28-2009, 03:59 AM
Well I got me some worms. I think I remember how to do it. When you see your line swim away you yank,correct?:LOL:

I won't be out there till 9am so save me some fish.
Will have a spare tube just in case.

tacklejunkie
07-28-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm not really having problems backlashing it. It was just that one time I was loosening the spool up completely so I could cast the spinnerbait far. I did it several times then figured I'd go for a hail mary cast. You know what happened next :LOL: CrrrrrkkkctctctcK! Snap! :ROFL:

Maybe just need to see how you guys are doing your knots and how your knots or sliding through the guides. I guess it was OK but I worry the knot may be weekening and helping me lose baits as it goes through the guides? I dunno. I'll stick with it for a bit although it's tempting to switch back to mono on the steez and see what it can really do until I learn to use the braid, but then I'll never learn to use the braid! lol
I think I was using 6 turns for each side of the uni-uni. Braid diameter was 10lb with a test of 55lb. I used a tiny toothpick size drop of CA glue when VG told me to put some on in the braid thread. Maybe that glue was too strong? That's that crazy model airplane glue that works in like 1/2 a second.

Flying with a Worm Rod? Oh man, I'm taking some pics! Haha j/k. Hope your wrist/fly arm heals up soon man.
I just wait for the fish to pull and then lift the rod with authority. If you see the slack, reel down until you feel the weight of the fish and lift the rod with authority! Maybe crank the handle once or twice when you lift just to be sure you got 'em. They won't let go of the worm usually so you have some time to think a bit.

Skyler
07-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Looks like I'm out, guys. PM's sent. Sorry...

tacklejunkie
07-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Got the toon/tube all cleaned up and in the truck!
Fresh line on the rods and tackle selected.
VG and I will be there as planned..