PDA

View Full Version : A few fish, a new friend, nice day on the Lagoon

bassguy
07-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Decided to head out to the Lagoon this morning. I've been fishing regularly, but not able to catch anything worth posting of late. In the parking lot, started talking with a couple nice guys Martin, and Brian, it was their first time fishing the Lagoon, so I tried to give them a few tips.

Conditions @ 7:15

water 79*
air temp 73*
no wind

Conditions @ 2:00

Water 85*
air temp 103*
wind 10 mph

After launching the tube at Paradise Cove, I drop shotted for about 20 min, with no luck. I then moved to tree point, where I ran into Martin. Since Martins buddies headed up to the dam on their yaks, Martin and I fished Tree point to the swim beach. Martin landed one, and I landed one just over a pound.

After fishing the area for about an hour, we decided to head over to the east side just north of the lifeguard shack. I was able to land a little dink not much bigger than the worm it engulfed, but a fish is a fish. Martin was throwing different baits for no luck.

After limited luck on the east side, we head to the rip rap on the south end. I was able to land my best fish for weeks on a Senko, close to 2 lbs. Martin, also landed a couple, making it 3 a piece.

I had to get off the water, by 2:00, so I headed back to Paradise Cove, where I landed another little dink on the drop shot. Had a great time fishing with Martin, and Brian. Hope you guys join the board and post some pics.

It was a fun day, I always enjoy meeting and fishing with new people. Martin and Brian we're making the day a marathon fishing day, look forward to seeing how many fish the land. Heres a couple pics.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk38/davidhalverson/castaic7-25-09.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk38/davidhalverson/fish17-25-09.jpg

vagabond
07-25-2009, 09:30 PM
very nice report bassguy,thanks...that tubes all set up..

tacklejunkie
07-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Good work on the goon fish bro.
Nice to ride up out of the water huh?
Been thinking about taking my tube out the last few days. Maybe next week.
Glad to see ya back out there.

BingJr
07-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Making new friends makes it a great day. The fish is just a bonus.

Nice job out there. Hopefully we will see Martin and Brian posting on here soon.

CL SmooV
07-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Nice Post.....i was at the goon last week, and i too left around 2. the heat was brutal.

Good Work

Socal Bassman
07-26-2009, 12:27 AM
Nice work on the fish bro. You've been on a roll so far.

Ronira
07-26-2009, 05:46 AM
Thanks for the report Dave, glad you had a nice day at the goon. I need to get over to that place someday.

DCCTrouserTrout
07-26-2009, 08:19 AM
Good job getting on a few fish and it is always cool to meet some new people...

Captain Castaic
07-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Hey Dave nice seeing you out there again....
C.C.

Liteweight
07-27-2009, 06:07 AM
It's always nice to catch some fish and meet new anglers on the water.
LW

bassguy
07-27-2009, 09:36 PM
very nice report bassguy,thanks...that tubes all set up..

Thanks, getting it setup was half the fun, now it works pretty well.

Good work on the goon fish bro.
Nice to ride up out of the water huh?
Been thinking about taking my tube out the last few days. Maybe next week.
Glad to see ya back out there.

Hey Tj, we need to get the boys together before their boats are done, then well never see them tubing. Let me know when you can fish on a weekend.

Making new friends makes it a great day. The fish is just a bonus.
Nice job out there. Hopefully we will see Martin and Brian posting on here soon.

Hey BingJr, I've been fortunate to only encounter great people fishing, It's gratifying putting someone on fish, and making a difference.

Nice Post.....i was at the goon last week, and i too left around 2. the heat was brutal. Good Work

The heat is brutal, I didn't really realize how hot it was until I git out of the water, the tube keeps the body temperature down.

Nice work on the fish bro. You've been on a roll so far.

SoCal, you've been working too much lately, you haven't been able to join me. I've been on the fish lately, just cannot find the big girls.

Thanks for the report Dave, glad you had a nice day at the goon. I need to get over to that place someday.

Let me know when you want to hit the Lagoon, I do enjoy fishing there, no jet skies or water skiers stirring up the water. We need to get out to Perris also.

Good job getting on a few fish and it is always cool to meet some new people...

Brian and Martin we're cool guys. Martin said he was going to create a screename here. Hope to see him on here.

Hey Dave nice seeing you out there again....
C.C.

Good seeing you Captain, I wll try to get on thet other board also

It's always nice to catch some fish and meet new anglers on the water.
LW

LiteWeight...It was a fun day, just relaxing being on the water. Catching fish is a plus.

Rambogottafish
07-28-2009, 04:51 PM
Dave has got it! Outfishes me regularly now. Sweet job buddy. It's hotter in a boat!!!!!!!

Booyah 2 Ya
07-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Bass guy - Finally got logged in - Thanks for showing us around the honey holes and milk runs there - We had a great time and we'll be back and look you up - You left leading the competition 5 to 4? We let the heat die down and hit the water again around 3:30. Brian picked up 2 more and at 7:59 I was dragging a long line drop shot Robo Oxblood (about 75 feet worth) around Tree Point almost to the beach and picked up my largest fish of the day. It might have given your fish a run for the money. Hey, thanks again and let me know how the pool, water vs waiters experiments works out so I can relax on the water again. B2Y http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad95/Booyah2ya/40c6bc53.jpg

bassguy
07-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Hey Martin,

Cool screen name. Good to see you joined the site, theres some great people on here. Good to see you guys get on more fish, you had a great outing for never fishing the Lagoon. Hope to see you out there again, I also head out to Perris, if you want to tube there. Keep on posting, you will get alot of tips, as well as provide some for others. See ya on the water.