PDA

View Full Version : Dusty Plastic Trouts

tacklejunkie
07-25-2009, 05:59 PM
I have some trout plastics getting dusty. I washed them off and have nowhere to put them because I'm cleaning shop.
$50 for the lot. Some have been used. (like the hudd)
Buy yourself this swimbait lot and a bottle of mend it and you're good to go for winter. The hudd is a ROF5 with some 30lb mono and a treble for a quick field rigged trap hook. There's a bunch of big hammers in different sizes and extra bodies for them. LA slider trout, two green sliders and a brown. (draw dots on them to make them trout)

If you want the package shipped to you, add $9 for priority insured USPS 3-5 day shipment.

You get a total of 10 (ten) RTF (ready-to-fish) plastic trout swimbaits and like 6-7 various extra swim bodies.

Let me know..
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/plasticswimbaitssale002.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/plasticswimbaitssale001.jpg

johnsfishing
07-25-2009, 06:57 PM
interested. :Cool:

PM Sent.

johnsfishing

tacklejunkie
07-25-2009, 07:31 PM
John,
These will work with all kinds of setups.
Do you have a swimmy setup for the Hudd and Castaic trouts? Those two will require a dedicated setup. The others you can probably get away with a heavy action bass rod and a light pendulum cast so you don't load the rod up too much. They will work on a varrying assortment of lines as well from 12lb to 20 or 25lb line. Kindof an assortment.

Selling because I think I'm more into the jointed and hardbait lures to be honest. The only plastic trout I really fish is the Hudd Rof 12.. and I'm not too interested in it. I have 3 fish on mine and I'm about to hang it up in the fishing room with the pictures of the fish..

Let me know if you are still interested buddy. Not the best baits on the market but I know they'll work in the right situations.

johnsfishing
07-25-2009, 07:46 PM
thanks for the reply TJ.

I dont have a swimbait setup.. but Ive been interested in it. :Cool:
I actually was leaning towards the hardbaits (jointed) because they seem more realistic. I just purchased the BBZ Shad 4 inch. looks lifelike!

I wonder if trolling the swimbaits your selling would be productive for Stripers?? I have 40lb line and a Trolling Setup.

Thanks,

johnsfishing

tacklejunkie
07-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Like stated in PM,
I've caught largemouth trolling the Hudd once when Ronira was pulling me in my pontoon with his pontoon. I don't know much at all about striper though. I'm sure you could get it to work but I don't know how to troll anything. :LOL: You might ask Uncle Bob about that one!

Good luck if you decide to get a swimmy rod man. It's tough fishing big baits all day but they do bring some nice fishies once in a while. Sometimes when nothing else is working.

johnsfishing
07-25-2009, 08:28 PM
alright TJ.
thanks for the reply. Im going to do some research!! :LOL: thanks for the replies and keep me in mind.

johnsfishing

bsp
07-25-2009, 08:35 PM
They would all work very for stripers on the troll. The Megabaits, Big hammers, and Castaic especially on a fast troll for all size stripers. The Hudd is more of a moderate troll or slow bottom bounce bait for large mouth, but a big striper would definitely hit it on the troll once you get the speed dialed in.

I'd troll them on 20lb, except the Hudd and Castaic on 30lb. You could make Umbrella rigs to troll with your 40lb outfit and use all of them except the Hudd on the arms with 20lb leaders.

johnsfishing
07-25-2009, 08:46 PM
bsp- excellent reply!!!

Ive got the umbrella rigs and 20lb leaders. Sounds like a plan :Cool:
Ive trolled one swimbait (like pictured) up the middle of an umbrella rig.
thanks for the good idea.

johnsfishing

bsp
07-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Glad to help!

johnsfishing
07-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Hey TJ.

Are you going to Legends III?? I didnt see your name on the list..
I was thinking maybe I could pick these up from you therel, if your going..

johnsfishing

tacklejunkie
07-25-2009, 10:00 PM
I just got to looking at the Legends III event sign up post today. I'll have to talk it over with the GF and see what our plans are because we are sharing vehicles at the moment. It's tough to say when I will be able to go somewhere because we both work sort of "on call" while sharing vehicles until I get my car sorted. :Razz: Tough enough as it is without taking fishing plans into account.

I agree, the $9 shipping on top of the $50 for the baits makes it look bad.
It's really a pretty good deal at $50 if you count it out. For you John, I will forgo the shipping fees and ship them free, should you decide you want the baits. That is, if you have paypal. I will also be taking a small hit on the paypal fee but no biggie.

No hurries to make up your mind. You have first dibs if you want them and no obligations. If I go to Legends, I will bring them with me for you to check out.

johnsfishing
07-26-2009, 03:40 PM
alright thats chill. good luck with getting the vehicle fixed.

that sounds really awesome! thanks TJ. I do have a paypal account but I just havent really used it yet...

Im pretty sure Ill pick up these baits from you.. and I dont need them before Legends.. so thats why I threw that out there. :Cool:

thanks,

johnsfishing