PDA

View Full Version : The Skunk on 7-24-09

addict2fishing
07-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Got to the lake at 6:00 got the pontoon with the nephews and friends went straight to the flats for some bait soakin. Fished the same spot until the sun went down for nothing not even a bite, busted a move closer to the shore for 45 minutes and nothing there. Went to the trees in front of the road in the rental boat cove for 45 minutes without a bite. And then went to woody`s cove for nothing there for 45 minutes, went to catfish cove for nothing for 45 minutes and then to the west shore for nothing for 1 hour, by this time it is 12:00 and 1 of nephews was asleep. Noticed on the north side of the lake that alot of the boaters are sitting right in the trees and did not move all night, pretty sure they were doing the crappie thing I think. My brother-in-law said that last week there was alot of shad in the water, maybe that is why the catfish bite is so bad. Hey a least the weather was nice!!

saintarv
07-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Nice report....you'll get them next time :!!!:

aoessand
07-25-2009, 06:11 PM
d@mn thats alot of wasted money right there i think the vine should give ya half off or something if you get a rental and still dont catch lol it costs tooo much to not catch anything at the vine.

kilgoretrout
07-25-2009, 11:25 PM
We had a bite going on in Woody's cove Friday. It died down when 2 pontoons decided to sit on top of the honey hole we were fishing. Other than that, the rest of lake was pretty dead.