PDA

View Full Version : Where should I fish...

Koshaw
07-25-2009, 12:03 PM
I won a half a day guided trip in the Bridgeport area and they will take me to almost any place in that area that their boat can float...

any ideas :D

rusty6
07-25-2009, 01:51 PM
bridgeport reservoir has some big fish in it

diamondbear
07-25-2009, 03:18 PM
WAIT UNTIL THE LAST WEEK OF THE SEASON and you'll have a good chance at the BIG BROWNS of Brideport lakes area . // db

Liteweight
08-01-2009, 12:21 AM
WAIT UNTIL THE LAST WEEK OF THE SEASON and you'll have a good chance at the BIG BROWNS of Brideport lakes area . // db

I agree up to a point.
While Bridgeport Res. has some very big fish at the end of the season (mostly by the Dam, been there/done that), some of the biggest fish every year come out of the BRIDGEPORT Twin Lakes (not to be confused with the Mammoth Lakes Twins).
Just my opinion.
LW
btw; congrats on the prize!

buck liggett
08-01-2009, 12:00 PM
koshaw,
I work for SBF, BTW congrats on the prize. Yes the latter part is better for Brownies, as the kokes start spawning in the twins, but the rez usually produces way more fish off the boat! The twins is pretty much all trolling and personally I do way better off the shore during that period. If You're into C&R
the pond is an awsome experience, with huge fish, but float tube fly only & C&R only. Plus additional fee to access it, as it is private!

You could very easy have a 20 fish day on Bp rez. and also try the fly there too. I would reccomend the pond or the rez. Then spend the rest of the time hitting the little streams for brookies, check out robinson creek on the way up to the upper twin, then fish off the side of the road at the upper twin.

Side note: Archery Deer/Bear season opens aug, 15 - Sept,6 then closes & opens again. Rifle sept, 19 - oct 12. I know were getting booked already for rifle season, but it makes it hard to find a decent place to stay? When all the hunters are in town especially on a weekend. Just a heads up so ya can start planning, anyways hope this helps?