PDA

View Full Version : Perris 7-24 (FRI)

Pete Marino
07-25-2009, 11:58 AM
As has been the case over the last month, the bite at Perris was off the hook yesterday.
Patrick, Chad and Robert wanted to get out to Perris and learn how to catch bass. All 3 of them have fished for trout, catfish and other species of fish but none of them had ever really caught bass. That was about to change!!!

I met them at Perris on friday morning and young Patrick looked like a kid on Christmas morning. Robert and chad said that Patrick was so excited that he only slept for about an hour the night before because he was so excited to get out there and catch some bass.

We get to our first spot and everybody makes their first cast... Before Patrick and Chads lines hit bottom, Robert says "I got one"... and I promptly say..."what took so long" hahaha and I net the first bass of the day. A solid 3 lb Perris largemouth.
With in a few mintues Chad and Patrick get into the action...
The bite continued to be good until around noon when it finallly slowed down so we made a move...
I then told them that we were going to go hit up an area that I use when my other water slows down... It was at that point that The guys told me that they wanted me to fish with them because they wanted to see if I could catch fish during the toughest part of the day...
Up until that point I hadnt really fished much, I just helped them with everything....when I did fish I threw different baits to see if I could get another bite going other then the one we were on....with only moderate success...
They told me that they wanted me to fish along side of them using the same "go to" baits they had been fishing all day and that they wanted to have a little mock tournament. It was to be me and young Patrick against Chad and Robert in the last hour and a half. This was to be a total fish tournament per team... I WAS UP FOR THE CHALLANGE and so was Patrick!!!
So we head over to the area of choice and its GAME ON!!!!
Patrick hops up front with me, Robert goes to the back with Chad and we start firing away....
My first cast...I'm on!! Patrick nets our first keeper...a solid 4 lb bass.
then I catch 5 more bass on my next 7 casts.....We are smoking these guys 6-0. Then Patrick puts a good one in the boat solid 3 1/2 lber. Now its 7-0... Then I cross the eyes on another one and Patrick gets another of his own...9-0!!! Then we start the trash talk hahahaha!!! FINALLY Chad gets one and then Robert gets one so now its 9-2...And they start talking "comeback".....NEGATIVE!!! Me and Patrick put our heads down and catch 4 more in the last 30 mintues...that put this bragging rights tournament to rest with the final tally being 13-2!!!
They all said that they had an awesome day on the water and they all learned alot.....And Chad and Robert said that they also learned to not challenge me ever again...hahahahahahaha
The weather was great, only a bit humid, the bite was excellent and the laughes were plenty...
All fish were caught in 20-40 ft of water all on small plastics fished deadly slow.
I dont have a total numbers for the day but lets just say it was ALOT! Probably between 35-40..
A good time was had by all!! Good job guys!!

Here are some pics of the day.. The smile on Patricks face says it all!!!

Patrick
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_0995.jpg
Chad
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_0997.jpg
Robert
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_1003.jpg
Patrick with the last fish of the day to seal the deal!!!
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_1010.jpg

Good Times....

Lets go guys call me and/or PM me and I'll get you out there to have a great day on the water at Perris... I have a "Perris special" starting next week so get ahold of me and lets go fishing!!

Pete:Cool:

PeteMarinoGuideservice.com
(909) 510-5679

Pete Marino
07-26-2009, 08:18 PM
"Perris Special" rates for FNN members only start this week and will last only a couple weeks...

PM me and/or call me and I'll get you on the water at Perris to catch some bass!!!! Shallow water, Deepwater....plastics, Reaction baits....
Guys and/or gals, these rates are gonna be the lowest they have been all year, but only for a limited time!!! DONT MISS OUT!!! OVER $100 off 1 OR 2 person trips!!!
PERRIS ONLY....

PeteMarinoGuideService.com
(909) 510-5679 (If I dont answer leave a msg and I'll call you back ASAP)

dragonrpc
07-29-2009, 10:54 AM
Pete, were you on the lake sunday? I hadn't fished perris in 20 years, but decided to give it a go, was semi successfull, we only landed 3, but had 1/2 dozen decent bites, hooked a big one on the east side, but after 3-4 solid minuttes bringing her close , it turned under the boat and immediately snapped my 8 lbs test. Was a wierd fight, hard,slack, swim towards, I did everything I could to keep it hooked. possibly could have been a big cat instead of a monster bass, either way, incentive to go back.

Pete Marino
07-29-2009, 05:13 PM
No I wasnt at Perris on sunday... I try to stay away from there during the weekends because of the high volume of boats and jet skiers.

You may have snagged a big carp.. Perris is famous for that... It has happened to me a couple times in the last couple months. The carp as you may know from being out there are really active right now so its pretty easy to accidently snag one with a reaction bait...

tacklejunkie
07-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Like this?
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/bass%204-2-08/18.jpg

Pete Marino
07-29-2009, 05:38 PM
EXACTLY!!!

PeteMarinoGuideService.com
(909)510-5679

basscatcher
07-29-2009, 05:54 PM
how big of leader did you use for the powerbait and what color? good job out there

God Bless

basscatcher

Pete Marino
07-29-2009, 06:07 PM
split shot , 12" leader and rainbow powerbait!! THATS MONEY!!! LOL :Wink:

Pete Marino
07-29-2009, 06:27 PM
This is what my friend Barry snagged.... :Shocked:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/BarrysFinger.jpg

We were playing poker and drinking one night and he decided to change the hooks on a bait...when all of a sudden...the bait slipped and sank deep into his finger...lol Then he let my drunk self use the pliers to try to pry it out...lol...that lasted about 10 seconds until he couldnt stand the pain anymore because I was twisting the pliers..lol Hey like I said...I had been drinking and there was some more poker to be played....that hook needed to come out hahahahaha...

OUCH!!! LOL!!!

basscatcher
07-30-2009, 11:06 AM
split shot , 12" leader and rainbow powerbait!! THATS MONEY!!! LOL :Wink:

yea that setup is always what the fish want.

God BLess

basscatcher

fishntime
07-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Im even feeling pain as I look at that pic of your buddy with the hook in his finger. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

bass assassin#23
07-30-2009, 11:21 AM
man i want to get out on perris soon.

Pete Marino
07-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Yeah that hook was pretty deep.. When he 1st showed me his finger I said WHAT THE #%*#!!!!!
Couldnt believe my eyes... But I was anxious to get to it with the pliers.....Its a bummer that he didnt like me trying to twist and pull the hook out..lol lol

Pete

backseaterb****
07-30-2009, 09:12 PM
you were having to much fun pulling and i cant have that

Pete Marino
07-30-2009, 09:57 PM
you are a girly man... If you were a man you would have let me pour some beer on it and pull that sucka out like the old man did in Braveheart!!! lol