PDA

View Full Version : SantaMonica Bait Help

AquaParadise2010
07-22-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm gonna take my little brothers fishing at the santa monica pier and was wondering what kind of bait to use? Any tips are helpful. Thanks.

Bamboozle
07-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Depends on what you're going for, but squid works great for mackeral and shark. Mussels, worms, and gulp sandworms also work in the surf area for perch and croaker. Good luck out there

DEADROOTS
07-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Yup!.......

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-23-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm gonna take my little brothers fishing at the santa monica pier and was wondering what kind of bait to use? Any tips are helpful. Thanks.

Off the pier squid could be good for macks and fish of that sort, I'd recomend chovies, use the whole one with about 1/2" or a little more of the tail cut off..

Go get some BIG feesh !

Cast up under the pier at times for calicos or sandbass but be prepared to lose a few rigs in the snags, this is normal, that where those bass hang out....fish the "L" area on the lower right portion of the pier by the Marisol resaurant...the one on the right as you walk out on the pier B4 you get to the restaurant......ALSO: fish that "L" area's open sandy area with chovies Carolina rigged but "Stitch" the bait...meaning slowlt drag the bait accross the bottom....you just may find an active halibut this way.

Good luck,
Gary