PDA

View Full Version : Old Station/Burney trip coming up soon....

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
07-22-2009, 03:41 PM
I'll be heading up to the Mt Lassen/Shasta area for another one of my annual trips this weekend.
Looking to fish Hat Creek, Baum Lake, Pit River, above and below the Powerhouses of Hat Creek, and a few other places.
I'll be float tubing the lakes fishing lures and flyfishing. This is where I have the most fun with my 6wt Sage 10' 4pc. XP rod with an Orvis reel. I like using my smaller 3 wt Fly Logic rod matched with an Okuma Vashon reel for the creek and river fishing.
I'll also be attending the Old Station Fire Station Chicken BBQ this Saturday. Great little town with very nice ppl.
Will post a report after returning.
TTFM

Liteweight
08-01-2009, 12:38 AM
I'll be heading up to the Mt Lassen/Shasta area for another one of my annual trips this weekend.
Looking to fish Hat Creek, Baum Lake, Pit River, above and below the Powerhouses of Hat Creek, and a few other places.
I'll be float tubing the lakes fishing lures and flyfishing. This is where I have the most fun with my 6wt Sage 10' 4pc. XP rod with an Orvis reel. I like using my smaller 3 wt Fly Logic rod matched with an Okuma Vashon reel for the creek and river fishing.
I'll also be attending the Old Station Fire Station Chicken BBQ this Saturday. Great little town with very nice ppl.
Will post a report after returning.
TTFM

I know this is late but if you read this, I hope you did well.
I love Burney. It's a great little town. I've made it a habit to be up there in early June every year to take advantage of the Stonefly/PMD hatches and occasional Green Drake hatch and then again in mid-October for the October Caddis and Brown trout migration.
LW