PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Cordon Blue on the BBQ

Troutman65
07-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Ok, I decided to share my recipe for chicken cordon blue (CCB) on the BBQ. ( you can also use your oven , I perfer to cooking outside in this heat. )

So, Go to your butcher and get a boneless split breast. A good sized one is good and what I use.

Then go to the Deli counter and get 1 1/2 to 2 pounds pounds very thin sliced Boars head ham.

Then ask for 4 slices of Munster cheese that is sliced about 3/8 inch thick.

Also ask for 1 slice of provolone 1/4 inch thick

Then you will need to get some foil if you don't already have some at home. If you can find some foil baking trays about 12 inch round and 3 inches deep that would work too. I have yet to find any trays that are the correct size.

Go to the ref. section where they have cold salad dressing and get the Bob's Big Boy Blue Cheese. ( Not the low fat one. ha ha. ) If Blue cheese is not your liking then you can use ranch dressing. I recommend using the Blue Cheese Dressing. You never taste it and it adds to to the over all richness of this dish.

Now you have all the stuff you need.

First you put the chicken split breast skin side down on a cutting board. You then place 2 slices of the munster cheese on the chicken and follow with piling some of the thin sliced boars Head ham and followed by the last 2 pices of munster cheese than the rest of the ham. Your layering it basicly. You then get a nice size pice of alum. foil and fold it in half long ways to double it up . You wrap the alum. foil around the botttom of the CCB. I like to use a good amount of foil to make sure it will not leak out later on the BBQ. Now the bottom is wraped so you turn the CCB over and you season the top chicken breast with some season all or something like that. Note : the top of the chicken breast should be exposed ( not covered in foil.) You can cover the top with foil and the last 15 min. take it off to brown the chicken breast. I did 3 of them last night on the BBQ and I really did not need to cover the top . This was on a propane grill. I just watched them very carefully and rotated them as need to cook evenly.

Now your ready to cook. ( note you can cook on either coals, propane, or the oven natural gas.)

If your going to use coals then put coals to one side of your BBQ. This is a indrect method of grilling. With using coals you might want to cover the top of the chicken breast for the first 20 minuts of grilling to prevent the chicken breast getting over done. ( Blackened)

If you using a propane grill ( if your grill has 3 burners use only 2 of them. Set the dial at med, to low. You want your temp. to be 350* ideal. if you start out on med. and it gets over 350* then turn down to low setting .

If you decide to use the oven then pre heat oven at 350* Put CCB on tray to catch dippings. Cook for about 45 min. apox.

So you get the CCB on the grill ( either coal or propane) you want to cook it for apox. 45 min. You want to make sure the chicken is done and still juicy ( I hate over cooked dryed out chicken) after 40 min. the chicken should be done. Use a meat thermometer to check if chick breast is 180 * .

At this point you cut the top of the chicken breast in the middle of the split breast like a cross. You then open the Bob's Big Boy Blue Cheese Dressing and spoon two heaping table spoons of the dressing into the cut you made into the top of the chicken breast. You then put the 1/4 inch slice of Provolone Cheese on top of that centered. Cover the grill and let the Provolone melt .After a few min. your ready to take off the griil.

I like to use an over sized burger flipper to scoop the CCB up off the grill and plate it. Please note that this contains HOT melted cheese so be very careful in handling it as not to burn yourself and others.

Once you have let the CCB rest for a few min. I like to cut the CCB down the middle and scoop it out of the foil and plate it. This serves two people. Well, this might feed 4 people because of how rich it is with all the cheese.

I hope you all enjoy one of my Fav. dishes on the BBQ . Chicken Cordon Blue . MM Good

Troutman65
07-22-2009, 04:25 PM
:EyePop: This took me almost one hour to post with editing. :LOL::ROFL:

2quikmotorwerks
07-22-2009, 07:33 PM
patrick you ever think of opening a bbq resturant? ur one hell of a cook plus the chicks dig resturant owners

troutdog
07-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Nice recipe TM, what time should my date and I be over...should I bring an extra babe for you too:???:

patrick you ever think of opening a bbq resturant? ur one hell of a cook plus the chicks dig resturant owners

Chicks dig the long ball and of course the chef! :Secret: WORD.

TD

Troutman65
07-22-2009, 09:19 PM

Yeah Omar, I have thought about it. Maybe someday. :Idea:

Thanks for reading.

Troutman65
07-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Nice recipe TM, what time should my date and I be over...should I bring an extra babe for you too:???:

Chicks dig the long ball and of course the chef! :Secret: WORD.

TD

Its always a good thing to bring a babe for the chef.:LOL:

Thanks for reading

WARRIORMIKE
07-26-2009, 10:10 PM
I think they have babes on graigslist??:EyePop::EyePop::LOL::LOL:

Troutman65
08-11-2009, 07:56 AM
I scaled down this recipe a bit and made it 3 times to make sure it was good.

I got a pac of whole chicken breasts and had the butcher debone them. I found some alum baking dish that work out great for this. The alum. baking dishes are about 3 inch Height, 3 inch width, 8 in long.

You pile some Black forest ham in the bottom , then add 2 slices of munster cheese, them more ham, more cheese, then put on top the chicken brest. I did wrap the top in foil and put it on the BBQ . The last few min. I take off the foil cut the breast and add the Bob's Big Boy Blue Cheese dressing and the provolone. Let the cheese melt and your good to plate it. This scaled down verson feeds 2 people .