PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood lake

jimewing2121
07-21-2009, 10:26 PM
So I am going camping at silverwood lake and I was just wondering if anyone has been there and if so what kind of fish are there.

Hopefully some BML :EyePop:

RUSSO
07-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Use night crawlers both inflated and regular. You can catch trout, stripers, LM, catfish, bluegill, or carp. I don't know how its been lately tho.

crappie stalker
07-22-2009, 05:52 AM
You can also take some garlic scent. The fish really like garlic up there.. They even sell garlic flavored n/c at the lake..

CS

yzernie
07-22-2009, 07:07 AM
I was there last friday and we got skunked. First time in years I have not got something in the boat. Didn't see anyone else catching anything either. It was hot, really hot and that may have been the killer.

seal
07-22-2009, 02:50 PM
It's been slowwwwwwww! Try Miller Canyon, might be best bet unless you have a boat and can hit the inlet.

Astrolux
07-22-2009, 03:06 PM
I hit the spillway early sunday morning for some striper love, and the only thing I caught was salad. But I was only throwin lures. The lake is pea soup green with a lot of moss and there a ton of weeds on top. The worst Ive seen it in a while. Try to fish weedless if you can.

seal
07-22-2009, 05:53 PM
I hit the spillway early sunday morning for some striper love, and the only thing I caught was salad. But I was only throwin lures. The lake is pea soup green with a lot of moss and there a ton of weeds on top. The worst Ive seen it in a while. Try to fish weedless if you can.

Was out today just checking things out, went wading out in Cleghorn, my legs are now dyed green. Tossed frogs last night before dark for a while around the dam, the water over there is better but still no love and only saw a couple small boils. Normally this time of the year they are up on the top chasing bait.

DocHolliday
07-23-2009, 05:45 PM
So I am going camping at silverwood lake and I was just wondering if anyone has been there and if so what kind of fish are there.

Hopefully some BML :EyePop:

I just got back from camping there yesterday. I had a blast with the kids man it was good times for sure. Your gonna have a great time, what campsites did you get??? I had 88 and it was nice and big, plus tons of shade for the tents n stuff. I didnt get to do much fishing though, but i have fished there before many times. I fish for striper with chunks of anchovies on a C-Rig. Good luck and have fun, try cleghorn cove for some schoolie action.