PDA

View Full Version : Perris..same result...different day!!!!

Pete Marino
07-21-2009, 06:35 PM
I had a guide trip at Perris on Monday with Adam.
He wanted to get out to Perris and broaden his horizens on Bass fishing.
So we hit up Perris on Monday and absolutely put a hurt on the bass.
We pulled up to our first spot and I give Adam a rod with a reaction bait on it and tell him where to cast and why... He makes a cast a gets hammered instantly but doesnt hook up... He fires out again ..nothing...then on his third cast to that spot his rod bows and he sets the hook...GAME ON!!!
He battles a nice Perris Bass and after I miss it with the net 3 times :Embarrassed: I was finally able to get it in the boat... A solid Perris bass just under 5 lbs.. "great start"... I said! Adam had a smile on his face ear to ear. :Big Grin:
He and I catch a couple more including a 2 1/2 lb Bluegill that I caught. That thing looked like a hubcap in the water.:EyePop:
Then we head to our next spot and its game on again.....On our first cast each this time....DOUBLE HOOKUP!!! Yaahoooo!!! Now we are rolling.
Now we switched to plastics in deep water. WE WHACKED THEM!!!
We each caught about 16-18 bass in that area the biggest being 6 lbs for Adam.. Nice job!!!!
Adam kept commenting that none of the other boats in the area were catching much, and not nearly the amount and size that we were catching...which of coarse made me feel good and gave him alot of confidence in what we were doing.
We caught bass in 12-40 ft of water on both reaction baits and plastics...again as has been the case in the last month....slow slow slow presentation is one of the keys...having the right baits helps too! :Wink::Wink:
In all we caught about 40 bass and one gargantua sized bluegill.
Our best 5 bass were about 21-22 lbs..
Aside from the fact that it was hotter then Africa out there in the last 2 hours, it was a great day on the lake!!!

As Ive said before... now is a great time to get out to Perris with me if you want to have a great time and broaden your horizons with new baits and techniques... Lets go guys, give me a call or PM me!!! If you've been out there struggling, I will fix that!! But not unless you call or PM me.

Here are a couple pics..

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_0962.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_0964.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_0966.jpg
Adams Big Bass of the day!!! Nice one Bro!!
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_0968.jpg

Pete:Cool:

PeteMarinoGuideservice.com
(909) 510-5679

basscatcher
07-21-2009, 07:38 PM
yes more powerbait fish!!!!!

God Bless

basscatcher

Pete Marino
07-21-2009, 07:45 PM
You have my secret bait figured out...lol..
Hows the Pudd??
May go Weds night....

bass assassin#23
07-21-2009, 08:16 PM
nice report great pics too. i will definitely get out there with you for next years spawn.

Ryan C
07-22-2009, 12:17 AM
that first one looks like a golf course fish

Pete Marino
07-22-2009, 12:26 AM
That fish had a huge head and mouth but had a small body.. Typical late post spawn bass. It should have been about 7- 7 1/2 lbs but had no weight to it...so it was alot less..
Most of the bass at Perris are already bulked up and healthy but not that one... lol

Pete Marino
07-22-2009, 10:12 AM
anytime!!!

PeteMarinoGuideService.com
(909) 510-5679

basscatcher
07-22-2009, 02:45 PM
i wont be able to make it my church has vaction bible school i will let you know when i get out there.

God BLess

basscatcher

HuskerRod
07-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Pete,

I saw you out there. I was in the float tube with a red cap. I would have paddled out and chatted, but it looked like you were guiding and I didn't want to harrass. At one point I thought you had a jet ski obstacle course as two people came by on a ski pulling a skier. It looked like they were between you and your marker buoy. Not a good place for me, the tuber, to be.

huskerrod

Pete Marino
07-22-2009, 09:25 PM
I swear the jet kiers and pleasure boaters in the summer dont care how close they come. One went right over my bouy...
Ive learned that its not worth getting mad over....I just put my head down and fish. But if they come close enough to endanger me...its game on in my book....otherwise I just fish.

Next time give me a hollar and I'll come over to you or vice vresa..