PDA

View Full Version : Another great trip at DVL with Art Berry 7-18-2009

snag
07-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Before the fishing began, we (Andy, my nephew and I) met up with Art and he provided us with several options. Art wanted to know what we wanted to do before we hit the water. The options were promising and we opted for the ‘Big fish’ method. The gates opened and we were chomping at the bit to get out there. We reached our destination and the amount of life in the water was incredible. There were bass all around us and the larger units really had my nephew fired up and ready to ‘Hook up’.

We managed to boat a few fish out of quite a few hook ups, some of the nicer units we hooked, were soon farmed. Once the bite settled down, we opted to move locations. As we set up at our next spot, Art gave us the low down and set us up with the new rigs. He promised a fish on the first cast and that is exactly what went down.

I must admit it was a new way of fishing for company and me it took us a while to catch on. We were missing many of the bites but as the day progressed, we began catching on and started putting things together.

I am bound by strict orders not to disclose the methods utilized, and with respect to Art, mums the word.
I have to admit, I was so impressed with the new fishing method, and I could not wait to try it at the lake I frequent all the time. I set up and on the second cast, it produced a five pounder, I was stoked.

For those of you still pondering on going out with Art, you are missing out, on an experience not soon to be forgotten. The man is willing to share his knowledge and every time we go out it is another learning experience.

Art, once again, thanks for everything…my nephew was jazzed and we all had a great time. We are looking forward to the trip next week.

Tight lines all and best of luck.

Indo-angler
07-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Awesome trip! Thanks for the report. Art is a great teacher!

How was the weather? Did the heat bother you guys at all?

snag
07-22-2009, 06:19 AM
It's hot, but not miserable.

Awesome trip! Thanks for the report. Art is a great teacher!

How was the weather? Did the heat bother you guys at all?

WARRIORMIKE
07-22-2009, 11:11 PM
looks like fun!!!

Good to see you posting again:Wink:

HEMAN
07-23-2009, 12:01 AM
sounds like an awesome trip!! is he still doing those group specials? let me know if you have an extra spot and how much my share would be :Envious: