PDA

View Full Version : Santa Barbara Stardust

Fishmaster B
07-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Took my girlfriends daughter Ally out on a half day boat yesterday. Took off on the Stardust at 9am. Great weather, great crew, and a lot of people on board. We fished at 12 mile reef for wide open rockfish. Ally bagged a limit on her own in about 90 mins. She is 11 and it was her first time fishing on a boat in the ocean. Pretty impressive with a 10 oz weight in 300 feet of water with tangles galore all around us. The deck hands were awesome as usual. Baggin fish as soon as they hit the deck, dealing with the tangles, and cooking food for everyone. Capt. Luke had us on the fish all day. There is a pic of my jackpot ling on the Stardust website, click on pics and its the first one.

And by the way Ally caught a limit, and I was rewarded with only one fish. After helping her for most of the trip it felt good to see the smile on her face. Thanks to the Stardust I dont think either of us will forget our experience.

Odium
07-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the report!! Sometimes its more fun helping your friends etc catch fish than landing them yourself. Haha but only sometimes.