sky
06-26-2007, 03:32 AM
info outdated

Wingnut
06-26-2007, 11:50 AM
Been there, love it. :wink:

DreStyle
06-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the info ... but I think most of us here know this already. If you think that highly of Mammoth, just wait til you find the good spots in the Sierras. You left the important part out of your report, WHAT ABOUT THE FISH MAN !!! WE WANT TO SEE FISH AND HEAR FISHING STORIES !!! You cannot deprive us of such things. Anyway, just foolin' with ya, I see you're relativley new, so, welcome to the board. Hope I left some for One Leg.

mammoth xfactor
06-26-2007, 04:30 PM
When where you up here last. When will you be here next. You mentioned on the ksf site about the bear at Piru. We have a daily visitor at Mamie, saw him again today. Fishing was great. Didn't get on the water til 8:30, had to drop my little girl off at school. Off the water at 11:00. Had to get to work. 24 total all released. It was nice before the wind picked up.

Headhunter
06-26-2007, 10:00 PM
While we all appreciate the post, I have to admit that it does have the aroma of freshly fried Spam wafting about it.

While you are not overtly selling anything, you are stating the obivious in your post; most of us have enjoyed Mammoth for years, and return regularly.

Did you you just cut and paste this article from a travel site? because it sure has that feel to it....

Anyway, nice pictures. I'm getting ready for my annual trip to mammoth with my son, so the photos just stoked the fire !

Headhunter
06-26-2007, 10:01 PM
While we all appreciate the post, I have to admit that it does have the aroma of freshly fried Spam wafting about it.

While you are not overtly selling anything, you are stating the obivious in your post; most of us have enjoyed Mammoth for years, and return regularly.

Did you you just cut and paste this article from a travel site? because it sure has that feel to it....

Anyway, nice pictures. I'm getting ready for my annual trip to mammoth with my son, so the photos just stoked the fire !

Headhunter
06-26-2007, 10:01 PM

fisheromen
06-27-2007, 12:34 AM

I have to admit that I agree with headhunter on this, although I must also say you have proven yourself to be an outstanding author of great reports, based on your other posts.

If you didn't cut and paste the above report, then your should consider getting a job writing for the Mammoth Times! :wink:

sky
06-27-2007, 08:00 AM
What in the world is a "freshly fried Spam wafting"?

I looked for a section for places to go, and a section to hook up with people but I couldn't find one.

Actually, I wrote the Mammoth Lakes article for the Mammoth lake Visitors Bureau website, for places to paddle in mammoth Lakes, but I don't think they ever used it, and I busted my butt writing it, so I shared it with you. :lol:

I've been going to all of the lakes along I-395 once a year, usually in July for years. I start with Rock Creek lake, and finish up with Twin Lakes, in Bridgeport.

I run into the BIG bears every year at Mammoth Lakes, usually at Lake Mary. (And also the mother bear with two cubs.)

Cabodude
06-27-2007, 09:55 AM
What year or estimate was the last eruption of Mammoth?

mammothfishin
06-27-2007, 06:38 PM
What year or estimate was the last eruption of Mammoth?

Everything you'll ever need to know about the Long Valley Caldera.

http://lvo.wr.usgs.gov/

Sky,

Mammoth Lakes basin includes

Twin Lakes
Lake Mary
Maime
Horseshoe Lake
Lake George
Crystal Lake
McCloud Lake
TJ
Barrett
Emerald Lake
Arrowhead Lake
Skelton Lake
Barney Lake
Red Lake
Way Lake
Hammil Lake
Woods Lake
and last but not least Heart Lake.

That's 18.

fishfinder
06-29-2007, 10:45 AM
JUST AVERAGE INFOMERCIAL

one_leg
06-29-2007, 01:58 PM
What in the world is a "freshly fried Spam wafting"?

I looked for a section for places to go, and a section to hook up with people but I couldn't find one.

Actually, I wrote the Mammoth Lakes article for the Mammoth lake Visitors Bureau website, for places to paddle in mammoth Lakes, but I don't think they ever used it, and I busted my butt writing it, so I shared it with you. :lol:

I've been going to all of the lakes along I-395 once a year, usually in July for years. I start with Rock Creek lake, and finish up with Twin Lakes, in Bridgeport.

I run into the BIG bears every year at Mammoth Lakes, usually at Lake Mary. (And also the mother bear with two cubs.)

Nice, informative article about the Mammoth Lakes area, Sky.

You can try the Rendezvous section to find meet other anglers interested in fishing particular locations at this link:

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/viewforum.php?f=15

You can find loads of information on Tubing and Kayaking at the Tubers and Yakers section found here:

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/viewforum.php?f=24

In the future you might want to disclose that you wrote something that was intended to be published to stop others from accusing you of posting "spam".

I don't think Sky meant to post an unpaid advertisement in breach of the forum's rules.

One_Leg

Dean Wormer
07-01-2007, 12:47 AM
Hey Sky, I do appreciate your enthusiasm for a really nice part of our great state.....it is well founded.....but you might want to give credit where credit is due when it comes to the picturesque lakes of Mammoth Basin.

I'd swear that the photos that you tag as Lake George and Lake Mamie....are of the same lake. :shock:

And I believe.....that it is Mamie.

Maybe the ol' visitors bureau is just a little leery of mis-labeling their precious natural resources. :wink:

Troutman65
07-02-2007, 06:23 PM
I thought it was a nice report that you made sky. Thanks for sharing your info on FNN.

sky
07-05-2007, 07:01 AM
I do believe you might be right Dean Wormer about both photos were of Lake Mamie. I fixed the photograph. I have thousands of photographs, taken over 20+ years, and ocasionally I mismark the photo.

Thank you for catching that for me.

Mammothfishing: I tried finding information that indicates there are 18 lakes in the Mammoth Lakes Basin do you know where you got your information from so I can check it out?

mammothfishin
07-05-2007, 09:14 AM
Google Earth. You can view a topo on topozone.com

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/sherwinskier/lakesbasin2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/sherwinskier/lakesbasin1.jpg