PDA

View Full Version : Corona boating?

Jimmy310
07-20-2009, 10:12 PM
I read the earlier post about 2 stroke being ok for now at Corona Lake.
Anyone know how much is the cost of launching your own boat?
What sort of things do you have to have on board? Typical life vests, fire extinguisher what else?
Any other info is greatly appreciated.

matt duarte
07-21-2009, 12:09 PM
IMO corona isnt worth the look you give it passing by on the freeway...its like 22 bucks to get in plus the boat launch fee so you already lookin at 30$ just to fish a small lake.. i think perris would be way better for catching fish and paying to get in.. and anything you buy at the "tackle shop" your paying at least 3-4$ more than normal on anything you buy...for example powerbait is like 6 bucks...coffe is like 5-6 for a small, the prices at this place are INSANE! you think with all the money there making they would use some of it to fix up the lake a lil bit.....i wouldnt waste my time dude...but if you go..try and have fun lol...i said try

flyforfish21
07-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Matt i thought the same thing before i took my boat, but my cousing lives right off the 91 in corona and we gave it a shot. I am glad we did, it was pretty wide open once you find the bass...I'm sure glad we went...!
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk12/flyforfish21/100_2028.jpg

That was the 1st fish of the day, more than worth 30 bucks if you can do that on the first time there...just my opinion

flyforfish21

matt duarte
07-21-2009, 12:29 PM
ya it does have nice fish there... but most of the people who catch them take them home.. ive been there a lot and only got cats and some trout...bass have evaded me everytime there! even when i took my toon!...it is the highest paying lake in socal and yet its proly the smallest...i mean its a cool lil lake but....30$ is crazy when i can fish perris for 8, 16 with a boat.. oh and there cigarettes are close to 10$$$$ what do they think this is ozzfest...cypress hill smoke out...haha had to toss that one in there

flyforfish21
07-21-2009, 01:02 PM
i get what you mean dude, but the $30 i spent that day will always be remembered...lol...i can understand only going there every once in awhile, especially they way the economy is going. I totally understand the expensive tackle arguement. I just bring my own stuff so i don't have to worry about buying anything else there, and i only went there to specifically bass fish, since i knew no one else would be...I forgot how small that little lake is to, 1st time i have been there in over 10 years...Perris is next, lol...!

How's the boat coming...?

Flyforfish21

The Angler
07-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Yup Corona puts a BIG dent in ya wallet when you go. During trout season i go every other weekend and usually kill it every time. So far catfish season hasnt been so kind to me so I havent went since the season started.

We once bought a few 6-packs for about $11/12 bucks each we ran out of beer and it was WFO so no one wanted to leave I guess we paid the price. Plus we usually dish out the extra $100.00 for the toon rental :Confused:

I would spend probably about $60/70 bucks each visit for me and my son.
$20.00 adult + $9.00 child + my share for the toon rental.

But the fishing has always made it all worth it.:Wink:

icachum2
07-22-2009, 03:54 PM
They dont inspect your boat as long as you hand over 8 bux you're good to go.
DO bring mosquito repellent. Try to find something besides DEET which is major fish repellent (could spread from hands to bait). Maybe like the belt clip-on style they sell at walmart. Last year we had huge swarms of insects over the boat untill the sun set and then again near any lights you have on. Had good luck with cats using shrimp, mack and crawlers. Good luck.