PDA

View Full Version : Indian 2 day 7/17-7/19...was good

bowboy
07-20-2009, 07:27 PM
got down to H&M, loaded my gear on the boat, waited for everyone to show, signed in and off we went. good to see friends again, Eean, Brian, with couple new faces for me Czarski & Shawn. great team of deck hands and a good cook. the one and only Capt. Randle driving. only game in town is the long zone, so off we go.

day1

wake up and wind is blowin pretty good and swell was rockin. we stop briefly on a couple rolled up patties for 1 yellow, good one too. we finally roll into the the area and slow down, 10 mins later, we get jig bit. they come to the corner and flash us. i farm one right off the bat, grab another bait and im on again. walk the dog to the starboard side, have him to deep color and hook pops out. oh well. 0 fer 2, not a good start. next stop i toss the swimbait out, it gets annihilated, im using a 800h w/ a jx 2 spd, 65lb backing w/ 40lb. the boat is pitching good on this stop. this ******* thing doesnt want to move!!! i gain little at a time, finally deep color, getting closer, color, **** it big!! 40lb plus. i have the lever to full, 2 more cranks ive got him. im on the starboard side, drift is on the port. a good swell catches me as im winding down, boat pitches back, hook pops out. now im getting pissed!!! that albie was huge. seriously legit over 40lb!! by this time some anglers have 3 and im snake bit good. gotta shake it off. next stop, toss an *** hooked dine and im on. took my frustration out on that poor fish. 3 mins and hes dead! im on the board! next stop, 1 on the rubber. next stop, 1 on the *** hooked dine, next stop another on the rubber. cool. 4 fer 7 aint great, but ill take it. seemed like an early morn,ing deal as lots of boats stopped in the am. lull from 11am till around 3pm. we get a jig strike, single skippie. next jig strike, double skippie. then dry again. last stop i can remember, they came and flashed us really quick, none for me on that last one. ran over a few meter marks, as its getting late now, they dont want the jigs. chris finds one metermark as the sun goes down. we try to shut down on it. i *** hook a dine, cast out, and i get picked off clean. oh well, got more than enough to take home. dinner was homemade lasagna w/ italian sausage. great. Capt. Randle tried his *** off as usual, but as he said " we just didnt catch a break". scores from the fleet were in the teens to 100+ for the day. we ended up with 32 albies for our 18 anglers.

day2

we traveled up the line all night. weather was getting better by the minute. woke up at 730a to find us on a huge kelp, hangin yellows. brush the **** out of my eyes, cast out a dine on 30lb and im on. get him on, an 18lber. good sized yellows, 15-30lbs. all looked real skinny with no bellies. i think theyre all sexed out. cast out another dine and bam!! im on again. fight him for a bit. another 15lber. cool. ive got 2 yellows, time to break out the long rod. i go up to the bow with the uncut 540 and jx w/40lb. Randle says boils, i cast out towards them, grind through it and a yellow rolls on it. never took the hooks. cool show. 2 fer 2 feels much better. we get 17 off that kelp. we're about 60 miles from the point. 67 degree water. looking for kelps, we spot 1 here 1 there. none producing more than 1. then we get into an area with breaking tuna, up and down real quick. its bluefin. we chase around a few schools, none stay with the boat. theyre on the 2-eyes-and-a-wiggle stuff. the show was awsome though!! national geo. stuff. chris spots another spot right off the bow. as we get to it, it sinks out. Chris says "quick a get a bait out, they're goin down both side of the boat". i *** hook a dine, on 15lb, lob it out. and BAM! im on!! oh ****, did i really grab the 15lb? ****!! stay calm, stay calm. 15 relaxed mins. later, thud!!! 40lber hits the deck!!! JP baby!!! nice looking chunk!!! take a few pics, and off we go to chase another. we find a school REALLY flippin out. chris gets em right on the bow. now!! everyone runs to the bow to cast right in it, and they stay up boiling on the little ****, not one dine bit. i *** hook a dine, turn around and holy **** they are in the CORNER!!! Czarski brails it on em, and they react. i lob right into the middle of it. ****, birdsnest, as im pickin it out, i get hammered. BYE BYE. that one hurt! oh well. got one and im stoked. look around a bit more, nothing. call it a trip.

Capt. Randle is the bomb. hes on point, classy guy and on point w/ the customer sevice game.

Eean (cook) my boy!! he hooks it up and is a helluva funny dude.

Brian (2nd), my dog!! hes on point when hes up, cool dude who knows his ****.

Shawn (deck boss), the pedigree follows,

Czarski (deck) newer dude, great guy whos willing to learn and do the "trial by fire" thing.

all the makings of an awsome operation who genuinely care about your expierence onboard. not affiliated, just a firm supporter.

couple things to look back on:

father and son teams steal the show.

Tanner and dad cleaned up good. Tanner had 7 fish over the 2 days, pops had 6. plenty of fish.

another father and son team didnt fare to well, and also took more than their share of the BFT loin i donated to the boat for sashimi on the way back. not cool. only reason i bring this up, is i was told they just scopped it on their plate and took off not seeming to care others maybe wanted some. maybe they just had no idea there wasnt enough to pig out. oh well.

great trip. JP went to the crew as usual.

my final tally

4 albies

2 yellows

1 BFT (JP)

sorry no pics of the 12-15lb albies. we all know what they look like.

My JP BFT

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss269/bowboy909/IMG_0485.jpg

thanks for reading.

Danny

samgann93
07-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Wow sounds like an awesome trip. NICE BFT!!!!!!!!

flopps1
07-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Sounds like an awesome trip! Good read! Congrats on the bluefin and JP! Bluefin sure are fun aren't they? Congrats again!

supasportkid
07-20-2009, 10:42 PM
congrats on the jp. cool lookin pic

ghetto dad
07-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Nice BFT man....great job and really great report...

GD

Oz
07-21-2009, 11:23 PM
great read and picz here. congrats on JP BFT & on 15#

victor101
07-21-2009, 11:26 PM
Awesome report man!...thanks for sharing

pineapple express
07-22-2009, 01:45 AM
eh howzit BB
long time bro...congrates on the jp. awesome play by play report. felt as if i were there
fishing right beside you. avets are soweeeeet...!!! sounds like an awesome trip.
big bad davide is at it again, chartermastering in 2 weeks fer a 2 1/2 dayer. are you on ?
i can't wait ><> ><> ><>
mahaloz for sharing...

DCCTrouserTrout
07-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Nice JP fish...

DavidE
07-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Super Sick !!!! Jonesing for my turn !!!!!

bigfish420
07-22-2009, 12:49 PM
What pound test were you guys using?