PDA

View Full Version : Home made fish attractants

fishfinder
07-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Does any-one use these for bait n wait striper fishing?
Thought I would try to make some this week. Any hints on how to make some would be happily appreciated and reported back to you on how they worked. Please PM me if you have any info on this supject.
I have tried some store bought ones with no real difference between them and none on the bait.
:???::???::???:

Troutman65
07-20-2009, 05:42 PM
I have made a home made garlic dip. works for trout. You take corn oil and put it in a used power biat jar or a small to med jar. then use fresh garlic and crush it up and put it into the jar of the oil. You can leave it out in the sun on one of these hot afternoons to infuse the garlic flavor in the oil. You can use this for trout, CATFISH and just maybe striper. Give it a try:Wink:

Skyler
07-20-2009, 05:57 PM
I make my own trout scent from crushed up fresh trout eggs for use when I bait fish. Only use the good deep orange ones. The clear yellow ones are garbage. It seems to attract all types of fish, pretty much. Just make sure to keep it frozen until you use it.

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Does any-one use these for bait n wait striper fishing?
Thought I would try to make some this week. Any hints on how to make some would be happily appreciated and reported back to you on how they worked. Please PM me if you have any info on this supject.
I have tried some store bought ones with no real difference between them and none on the bait.
:???::???::???:

go to any pharmacy or GNC.............look for the fish oils.

DccFISHerMan
07-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Italian Dressing and anchovy oil

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Italian Dressing and anchovy oil

cesar salad!

fishfinder
07-20-2009, 08:09 PM
go to any pharmacy or GNC.............look for the fish oils.

this was where i was leaning toward, (some-one else suggested it to me long time ago) but was thinking of adding garlic in to it

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 08:30 PM
this was where i was leaning toward, (some-one else suggested it to me long time ago) but was thinking of adding garlic in to it

why not? depends on what your going for

fishfinder
07-20-2009, 08:40 PM
why not? depends on what your going for

strictly stripers

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 08:44 PM
dont add anything. but of course not all fish oils are the same.

use to use it on everything, even jerks, but just found an old jar of procure troutbutter for my jerks and other hard baits.

gorund up hatchery trout formula! still works great!

tacklejunkie
07-20-2009, 08:45 PM
Taco Sauce

troutdog
07-20-2009, 08:54 PM
You take corn oil and put it in a used power biat jar or a small to med jar. then use fresh garlic and crush it up and put it into the jar of the oil. You can leave it out in the sun on one of these hot afternoons to infuse the garlic flavor in the oil.

Isn't this one of your chicken marinades too? :LOL:

TD

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 08:59 PM
pro cure rainbow trout bait butter

"made frome pure ground hatchery rainbow trout"
"absolutely deadly for large mouth and stiped bass."
"thick sticky paste sticks on lures for hours"
"contains powerfull bite stimulants and fish attractants"
"1.5oz."

pro-cure inc

salem oregon (503) 363-1037

ever hurd of it?

fishfinder
07-20-2009, 09:02 PM
pro cure rainbow trout bait butter

"made frome pure ground hatchery rainbow trout"
"absolutely deadly for large mouth and stiped bass."
"thick sticky paste sticks on lures for hours"
"contains powerfull bite stimulants and fish attractants"
"1.5oz."

pro-cure inc

salem oregon (503) 363-1037

ever hurd of it?

never heard of it...do you use this for stripers out here?

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 09:15 PM
yup. i just found it again after all these years.
dont know if they still sell it out here.
have not seen any around.
glad i got it when i did.

Troutman65
07-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Isn't this one of your chicken marinades too? :LOL:

TD

No . But close TD

DocHolliday
07-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Ok, someone at work today told me to use WD40. I told him i was fishing for catfish and he swears by this stuff. Ive never heard of anything like that, but i wonder if anyone else has?

fishfinder
07-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Ok, someone at work today told me to use WD40. I told him i was fishing for catfish and he swears by this stuff. Ive never heard of anything like that, but i wonder if anyone else has?

yes i have seen people use it. some-one here said it was illegal. i saw a guy use it on his lures at a trout derby and catch his limit in 20 minutes.
i was thinking of just getting a boat full of batteries and some wires and shocking the heck out of them.

bassgrandslam
07-23-2009, 11:56 PM
heres proof.
same place, same prostrike baby bass but with trout butter. float tube
went out at sunset. dark as hell tonight, but the water was clear enough to see a school of striper swim by me with my head lamp.

Bassnman Mike
07-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Pro Cure has the Trout Bait Butter at a close out special price on their site. I ALWAYS use the stuff when chucking Hudds

DocHolliday
07-24-2009, 11:48 AM
yes i have seen people use it. some-one here said it was illegal. i saw a guy use it on his lures at a trout derby and catch his limit in 20 minutes.
i was thinking of just getting a boat full of batteries and some wires and shocking the heck out of them.

I heard it was illegal too...

Troutman65
07-24-2009, 11:53 AM

PEOPLE ,
DO NOT USE WD40 as a fish attractant :!!!::!!!:

DocHolliday
07-24-2009, 12:13 PM
PEOPLE ,
DO NOT USE WD40 as a fish attractant :!!!::!!!:

Gotcha... I can only imagine what it does to the water .... no bueno!

vanillagurilla
07-24-2009, 12:45 PM
the old wd-40's number one ingredient was fish oil. it might still be the same idk. it works on calicos and sand bass lol.

Sparky70
07-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Try Velveeta cheese (small chunks) soaked in Garlic oil, it's a sure winner.
Also sticks to your hook!

The Angler
07-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Yea my uncle swears by WD40 and velvetta cheese I have known about his for about 10+ years. This is an old remedy from back in da days. I do belive its illegal though.

plumbertom
07-25-2009, 09:05 AM
I make an attractant using menhaden oil, anise oil, anchovy oil, shellfish extract and a couple of other oils and extracts depending on what I feel like mixing.
You can get all of the esential oils online to mix your own by looking up trapping baits. Anise oil can be found as cheap as $6.00 a pint plus S&H if you look around. Menhaden oil, which makes up the bulk of what I mix, is a very inexpensive fish oil that seems to atract predatory fish very well.

bassgrandslam
07-25-2009, 11:40 AM
I make an attractant using menhaden oil, anise oil, anchovy oil, shellfish extract and a couple of other oils and extracts depending on what I feel like mixing.
You can get all of the esential oils online to mix your own by looking up trapping baits. Anise oil can be found as cheap as $6.00 a pint plus S&H if you look around. Menhaden oil, which makes up the bulk of what I mix, is a very inexpensive fish oil that seems to atract predatory fish very well.

excellent info. thankyou. "bunker" is what they call it on the east coast. thats what they use primarily for the stripers if they cant get E-E-EELS.

the manhadden i mean.

(dont ask how i know)