PDA

View Full Version : The duct w Hiro 7-18

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-20-2009, 10:49 AM
Hiro and I hit the duct sat evening….
We fished it hard….attack…attack attack !

No strikes for hours and hours, it would be easy for one to lose faith at that point but after a 20 min rest (I fished Marina del rey that morning !) I went back for the attack again.

We fished and fished with no love until….

Thunk !

Hookup….Zzz Zzzz Zzzz.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/KPNDUCT0001satduct7-18.jpg

Not the largest model but a fine quality fish nonetheless…

That’s it !

Went fishin’….had a good time…..caught a stripey……salute !

Gary

trail blazer
07-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Way to stick it out bro!!!!!
Always seems to pay off in the end
NICE STRIPER!!!

Another week and a 1/2 and the moon will be back in our favor:Wink:,,for those multiple fish slays.

Might go out this evening for a cpl hrs,,,dont know yet??
110 deg here yesterday,,,HOTT!!!!!

Bucket bay
07-20-2009, 02:33 PM
nice fish and love the shirt. LOL

SHAD MAN 09
07-20-2009, 03:04 PM
I had the same problem fish for hours and only 1 fish. But its still nice to atleast get 1 nice fish.

peezy
07-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Hey Gary were you on the 3/4 day tradition yesterday?

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Hey Gary were you on the 3/4 day tradition yesterday?

No I took my 12' skiff to the MDR harbor

FINSMACKDOWN
07-20-2009, 08:47 PM
from the harbor to the duct,good day brotha.

DEADROOTS
07-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Thats amazing! You have it locked down.:Beer Toast:

Liteweight
07-21-2009, 01:11 AM
Gary you're just a fishin' machine :!!!:
Del Rey in the morning then all the way out to the duct in the evening. Since finding this post, I've often wondered, between working and ALL the fishing you do...when do/if you sleep? :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
I wish I still had the energy to fish like that (or at least close to that).
As always thanks for the post and keep the slay goin'. :Smile:
Robert.

DCCTrouserTrout
07-21-2009, 07:38 AM
Persistance pays off

yolo
07-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah it does. Way to stay until a slay. You must drink a lot of energy drinks cause you don't sleep man.

bouncer
07-21-2009, 05:47 PM
nice fish man i jst bout my first kpn i hope it works well at castaic i dont get to make my way to the duct very much! but good job always killen it!

GeordyBass
07-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Hey I recognize that brick wall !!!!! I'm gonna look it up on google Earth and see exactly where you were fishing WooHoooo!!!! Oh yeah,what lure were you using??? Nice job kid! You are a stripey killin' machine,,, Where's Skunk71's SHAD at??? ,,,LOL,,,

MarineMichael
07-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Hello, new to the boards althouth I've been lurking for a few weeks now.

So without giving out too much info about your hot spots, which portions of the duct do you fish. I'd be grateful for any tips you are willing to give about fishing the duct. The closest access point to me is the one on Avenue S just south of the 14. At this point I'm not picky about what type of fish I'm going after. Catfish or stripers would both make me happy. Most likely I'd be doing the bait and wait approach due to lack of funds to pick up all the nice lures you're all throwing.

What should I be looking for in a good fishing spot? Working with the current should I fish before structure (bridges) or on the back side of them.

Thinking I might pop my Duct cherry tomorrow night. Advise, suggestions and or company would be appreciated.

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Hello, new to the boards althouth I've been lurking for a few weeks now.

So without giving out too much info about your hot spots, which portions of the duct do you fish. I'd be grateful for any tips you are willing to give about fishing the duct. The closest access point to me is the one on Avenue S just south of the 14. At this point I'm not picky about what type of fish I'm going after. Catfish or stripers would both make me happy. Most likely I'd be doing the bait and wait approach due to lack of funds to pick up all the nice lures you're all throwing.

What should I be looking for in a good fishing spot? Working with the current should I fish before structure (bridges) or on the back side of them.

Thinking I might pop my Duct cherry tomorrow night. Advise, suggestions and or company would be appreciated.

Thats a whole lot of questions, I'll just say I fish ANYWHERE from above quail to palmdale, I've got 'em everywhere in between.

As for spot locations, I'd suggest going to striper Bills website, you'll find a list of info and spots, this is a good starting point for the beginner.
Theres some good info there if you study it hard and google sat map the areas you want to try

I don't want to come off like I'm cutting you off but I get asked these questions by many #'s weekly.

If you follow back through reports you'll get much valued info or check my Aqueduct lure teqnique post in the general forum for insights on lure fishing.
Here’s that link: http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=29432

Though I am always trying to help the less avid fisherman, one must understand that I cannot simply hand out ALL my hard earned info, these things really need to be experienced by each individual and learn from the process that you experience.

I've only been fishing the duct since maybe november of last year so one could note that if one goes out with an open mind and try's a list of methods, they can key on one that works for them and learn relatively quickly.

I will strongly suggest catfish other than striper if your eager to catch fish, the stripers can be very elusive but I encourage you to try while your there but I woudlnt fish for them ONLY !
Catfish have been relatively active there lately though I really don't fish for them.

I actually caught one on the KPN pearl white the other day but I didn’t post it.

I’d suggest Carolina rigged Chicken liver or cut anchovies or a surf rig, the kitty’s should be everywhere but lately it’s important to get out there when the moss isn’t too crazy, if the moss flow kicks in your pretty much done !

#1 or 1/0 owner mosquito hooks are what I use for kitty’s or stripers alike if I bait down.

I hope this helps,

P.S.

In the future I’d suggest posting these questions in the general forum, you’ll find people more eager to help you there.
Gary

breeze71
07-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Hey I recognize that brick wall !!!!! I'm gonna look it up on google Earth and see exactly where you were fishing WooHoooo!!!! Oh yeah,what lure were you using??? Nice job kid! You are a stripey killin' machine,,, Where's Skunk71's SHAD at??? ,,,LOL,,,

I caught a few catfish...but if I had considered them of worthy fish I guess I could have held them close camera and claimed them to be 1 to 20lb range "pigs"...ha ha

GeordyBass
07-23-2009, 08:49 PM
lol... you basstard Hiro,,,u know I'm just messin' with ya brotha,,, At least no one got the skunky!

old pudd fisher
07-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Del Rey in the morning then all the way out to the duct in the evening. Since finding this post, I've often wondered, between working and ALL the fishing you do...when do/if you sleep? :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Robert.Well said my feeling to. He is a well oiled fishing machine with low maintenance.:Smile:

kpn
07-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Well said my feeling to. He is a well oiled fishing machine with low maintenance.:Smile:

Gary is a well oiled machine alright....He always oil him with .......MONSTER :ROFL:.........Low maintenance........WELL........Don't know about that :Envious::ROFL:.

KPN.

markl323
07-24-2009, 01:52 PM
sorry a noob question; where is the "duct" ? is it lake palmdale? :Confused:

yolo
07-24-2009, 04:06 PM
No. It's the cement river (aqueduct) running from Sacramento to Silverwood. It does pass right by Palmdale Lake though.

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Way to stick it out bro!!!!!
Always seems to pay off in the end
NICE STRIPER!!!

Another week and a 1/2 and the moon will be back in our favor:Wink:,,for those multiple fish slays.

Might go out this evening for a cpl hrs,,,dont know yet??
110 deg here yesterday,,,HOTT!!!!!

Let's get 'em heated up this week buddy...thanks for da props

nice fish and love the shirt. LOL

Thanks buddy, I think the shirt kinda suits my style

I had the same problem fish for hours and only 1 fish. But its still nice to atleast get 1 nice fish.

some action is always great at the duct....it can sometimes be a painfull experience but worth it all in the end : )

from the harbor to the duct,good day brotha.

Gotta love it...multi species day : )
sweet !

Thats amazing! You have it locked down.:Beer Toast:

I like ta fish !

Ha ha ha ha...since I was a knee high child...it's in my blood !

Robert.
It's all mind over matter....and if you don't mind...it don't matter..

Ocean to fresh, it doesnt matter...I like the action and each variation has it's own little tricks so I pride myself on versatality....it makes for a better rounded fisherman as a whole, it helps you to understand fish and there behavior in much more detail.

I sleep every opportunity I get but sometimes I just get the vibe and go...even when I should be home sleeping....
get out there and get your slay on too...theres plenty to be had for the dedicated angler.

Thanks,
Gary

Persistance pays off

That it does, along with allot of patience !

Thx,
-G

Yeah it does. Way to stay until a slay. You must drink a lot of energy drinks cause you don't sleep man.

We'll lets just say that I think I've put a few monster employees children through college...

I gotta get on some more action...just thinkin bout it gets my wheels turnin'....you been out recently ?

nice fish man i jst bout my first kpn i hope it works well at castaic i dont get to make my way to the duct very much! but good job always killen it!

It'll work there...fish it hard....they'll nail it...I got 4 strikes on it friday morning there at castaic..

Good luck

Well said my feeling to. He is a well oiled fishing machine with low maintenance.:Smile:

I can sleep when I die ! I cannot say that there are not many days when I'm real tired but I get through it...when I stop to really rest...man I'm out like a light and in a controlled comma !

Thanks so much for the kind comments....some days the machine runs flawlessly but there are some periods when it sTalls too though....must be bad gas...ha ha ha

I just really love what I do and can never get enough and you can never learn enough....each trip brings a new experience and a new lesson...thats the beauty of fishing, your always learning if you pay close attention..
Thanks again,
-G

Gary is a well oiled machine alright....He always oil him with .......MONSTER :ROFL:.........Low maintenance........WELL........Don't know about that :Envious::ROFL:.

KPN.