PDA

View Full Version : Run away to BBL!

seal
07-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Couldn't take the heat anymore in Hesperia so this weekend headed up to Deep Creek on Saturday then went back up the hill to BBL on Sunday. Saturday was first trip to Deep Creek, nice area can't believe it's taken me this long to give it a go. Only managed one little guy on the fly in an hour of fishing, too many swimmers and partiers around to make a serious effort. Will be back up there in the fall for sure. Also had a snake encounter, not the kind you think though. When I got into a little parking area a forest service guy told me to watch out for a snake. Looked down and there was about a 5-7 foot long Boa Constrictor or Python laying under a truck. Think somebody let a pet go, they were waiting for someone to bring a container to put him in, he also seemed to be injured in the jaw they said. Weird.

Got to BBL in the early afternoon Sunday and only fished for a couple hours. Picked up only one fish but it was a bigun, 6 pounder! Had another brute on but lost him, might have something to do with my friends habbit of tying barbless fly's.

Fish caught on my buddy's wooly buggers, THANKS MAN!

tacklejunkie
07-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Nice hefty bow! Great work on that beast.
Good to hear you made it out to Deep Creek finally! That place is weird to fish.

fishfinder
07-20-2009, 10:05 AM
of course that snake was injured in the jaw, cause he was try ing to eat that big ole fish you caught.:LOL:
nice catch

Flying
07-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Nice:Thumbs Up:

Did you get that guy in the tube?

You'll really be thankin your Buddy after you stick one of his flies in your arm:Wink:

Now days I shake and sweat when I see a barb:LOL:

Sparky70
07-20-2009, 11:42 AM
They still got all those Tweekers at Deep Creek like they had several years back? :Rolls Eyes: :Rolls Eyes: :Rolls Eyes:

seal
07-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Nice hefty bow! Great work on that beast.
Good to hear you made it out to Deep Creek finally! That place is weird to fish.

Yea took me long enough! But definitely won't be the last time. Thanks for your help.

DCCTrouserTrout
07-20-2009, 07:22 PM
That is a nice BBL trout right there...

fishincrave
07-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Congrats on the biggen, nice looking trout you got there, good eating for sure.

Sean

beerman420
07-29-2009, 03:53 PM
how do u get to deep creek

OMWAA
07-29-2009, 04:08 PM
its on the north-west side of big bear lake. look for it in google maps.

vagabond
07-29-2009, 04:37 PM
nice report,and a beauty of a trout