PDA

View Full Version : Marina del rey chace park

Fishmeister
07-20-2009, 12:51 AM
Went out the around 5pm, nice warm weather. About 8 people on the pier, action was extrimely poor for everyone. got 2 white croakers and 2 perch.
Went home around 9pm.

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Went out the around 5pm, nice warm weather. About 8 people on the pier, action was extrimely poor for everyone. got 2 white croakers and 2 perch.
Went home around 9pm.

what time was the high tide that day ? fish the incomming tide and high tide....

2 hrs b4 and 2 hrs after the high tide at that spot, the higher of the 2 high tides in the tide cycles per day there works best.

Baits and lure methods / approaches might be key too, if you use anchovies or dines...."Stitch them !" the halibut almost ALWAYS will want something moving...

I cannot remember the last halibut I caught on dead bait that I wasnt stitching....Carolina rig or splitshot it

Next time try gulp alive minnows on a 1/4 oz jighead or dropshot them, Lucky crafts hardbaits.

Thats the main thing I fish out there nowadays for flatties and I've caught some nice toads there in that spot

There are fish to be had around there but you must work hard to get them.

Theres also the batray action but you'll definately do better on those at night....slay those nocturnal elephants on cut mackeral or squid....

In fact, I'm overdue for a nice lil bat ray slay... go back and try again....look at the tide tables and plan your trip around that !

Hope this changes your next outings outcome !

TroutOnly
07-30-2009, 07:19 PM
good job,,,,,,,,

victor101
07-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Ya...Burton Chace park sucks... Hit up the jetty next time.

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-31-2009, 09:25 AM
Ya...Burton Chace park sucks... Hit up the jetty next time.

The Jetty is a sound choice but I certainly wouldnt say that Chase park sucks, you just have to be there at the right time of tide and work the area hard...with the right methods !

Heres one I landed last year from chase park in march
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/marinahalibut3-12-081-1.jpg

stitching a C-rigged anchovie with the end of the tail cut off and 2 slices in the chovie side...I call that method "sliced" it allows more scent out and then you slowly drag and stitch the bait back in.....everytime....

works for most species !

Also fish real Early morn or night tides there..

I've caught many fine feesh there..

Oh well, maybe this will help

victor101
07-31-2009, 09:37 AM
The Jetty is a sound choice but I certainly wouldnt say that Chase park sucks, you just have to be there at the right time of tide and work the area hard...with the right methods !

Heres one I landed last year from chase park in march
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/marinahalibut3-12-081-1.jpg

stitching a C-rigged anchovie with the end of the tail cut off and 2 slices in the chovie side...I call that method "sliced" it allows more scent out and then you slowly drag and stitch the bait back in.....everytime....

works for most species !

Also fish real Early morn or night tides there..

I've caught many fine feesh there..

Oh well, maybe this will help

Nice man... the times ive tried there its been really slow except for the pencils that pass by every once in a while. It ticks me off when I show up and there would be 10 rods lined up along the fence and only a couple people fishing. sometimes they even drop lines and tie them to the dam rail... Thats mainly why i stick to the jetties now...

hbomb
07-31-2009, 09:53 AM
Yeah thats definitely true vic, I've personally seen what your talking about :Head Bang:

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-31-2009, 04:56 PM
Yeah thats definitely true vic, I've personally seen what your talking about :Head Bang:

fish a different time of day.....nightime they wont be there or SUPER early....

Ya gotta lose a little sleep if ya want ta be there when da feesh eat !

I hear ya though on those poachin newbs...its a little disheartening !

anyway, I hope some of this has helped someone....stitch that bait like I mention anywhere....it's works many places...try the gulp alive minnow ! or 5" jerkshad