PDA

View Full Version : WFO heatwave bass for 3 hrs 7-19

tacklejunkie
07-19-2009, 09:43 PM
Borrowed GF's truck when she got home from work today and hit the lake from 5:30pm to 8:30pm.

I don't have any of my casting setups together at the moment so I just brought the worm rod and my book of tricks.

I was dialed on the color and style and depth. Even found out they wanted to take it on the dead stick just before structure. When I felt my line rub on something uphill, I left it in front of the object for 30 seconds and "thump thump" Ziiiing. Just about every fish took me into the grass and I had to wait each fish out to land them! Good fun!

Also found a few dead bass fry (cute little guys!) that didn't quite make it to double digit status. I tried pinning them on the drop shot and got bit by bluegills..

Here's some pics.
The pics are from my iPhone so the order and size and fizziness will be out of whack.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/perris%207-19-09/perris7-19-09001.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/perris%207-19-09/perris7-19-09003.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/perris%207-19-09/perris7-19-09004.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/perris%207-19-09/perris7-19-09009.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/perris%207-19-09/perris7-19-09010.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/perris%207-19-09/perris7-19-09013.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/perris%207-19-09/perris7-19-09014.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/perris%207-19-09/perris7-19-09012.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/perris%207-19-09/perris7-19-09011.jpg

Thanks for reading. Lucky I was able to get out for a few hours today.
-TJ

Socal Bassman
07-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Right on, bro. Good job on the fishies.

bassgrandslam
07-19-2009, 09:59 PM
Also found a few dead bass fry (cute little guys!) that didn't quite make it to double digit status. I tried pinning them on the drop shot and got bit by bluegills..

-TJ

Hmmmmmm....rrrrrrrrrrr........

tacklejunkie
07-19-2009, 10:10 PM
He can tell me to stay out of his threads in PM, and then come in to mine?

Sheesh all I did was try to offer discussion in his jerkbait thread and he blows up on me..

I think I have a bit of credibility here to where the people who know me will believe what I say in my reports. I have no reason to lie.

I smell trouble cooking with this guy already and I'll leave it at that. He'll be his own undoing in here soon enough.

bassgrandslam
07-19-2009, 10:15 PM

Sheesh all I did was try to offer discussion in his jerkbait thread and he blows up on me..

I think I have a bit of credibility here to where the people who know me will believe what I say in my reports. I have no reason to lie.

I smell trouble cooking with this guy already and I'll leave it at that. He'll be his own undoing in here soon enough.

Who........me?

I believe you. it doesnt surprise me at all.

steve092
07-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Good job man!

How many MP's is the iPhone's camera?

fishntime
07-20-2009, 03:38 AM
Great report! Perris has been the Shznit from shore as of late. Keep on doin what you do!

newbefisher
07-20-2009, 05:42 AM
Nice job man. :Thumbs Up:

Hog Caller
07-20-2009, 06:36 AM
Forget them TJ.
Keep on putting up the great posts.

Brent

matt duarte
07-20-2009, 08:33 AM
damn dude! how do you stand the heat??? this is one reason i haven been out fishing...its been to damn hot! i think i liked the hard cold winter bassin better then the hot off the hook fishing hahaha.... nice job on the fishes dude! i need to get out there again... maybe i hit perris up at night with you im off work all next week!!!

HEMAN
07-20-2009, 08:57 AM
nice job man... damn. i really need to get out there.. hopefully my schedule clears up a bit and i can get out there this week.

i got in zero fishin this past 2 weeks! sucks!:Angry:

Flying
07-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Nice job Casey. Them slightly smaller guys sure fight better don't they.

damn dude! how do you stand the heat??? this is one reason i haven been out fishing...its been to damn hot! i think i liked the hard cold winter bassin better then the hot off the hook fishing hahaha.... nice job on the fishes dude! i need to get out there again... maybe i hit perris up at night with you im off work all next week!!!

Getting soft already Matt?:LOL:

Don't worry there's a cooling trend coming up. Only gonna be 98 out there.:LOL:

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 10:40 AM
I did not know you could use baby bass for bait legaly.

just wondering.

vanillagurilla
07-20-2009, 02:44 PM
it was dead. u cant use bluegills legaly either but most of us have tried it.

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 03:00 PM
hope your not flexing your E-muscles...............

.............you can try it if your a kid, i guess.

tacklejunkie
07-20-2009, 03:04 PM
errrrr...

On second thought, who's to say I'm not a big fat liar? :LOL:
I don't see any hooked baby bass or baby bass hanging from fishes mouths.

Looks like I'm holding a dead baby bass that I found washed up on the shore because they'd be way to quick for me to catch from shore in my dry clothes with no net and all anyways.

Take your own advice and stay off my posts, then go stick your hands in some more jerkbait fish mouths. :LOL:

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 03:10 PM

dont be mad:(

i guess your not a kid?

WFO bite by the way...................good job buddy!

tacklejunkie
07-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Sorry, I wasn't targeting gills.
I immediately stopped within 2 casts of drop shotting the dead fish and would have done the same no matter what. My apology.
Grow up now..

It's obvious those are all worm fish.

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 03:17 PM
errrrr...

who's to say I'm not a big fat liar?

(sorry..........i couldntresist)

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Sorry, I wasn't targeting gills.
I immediately stopped within 2 casts of drop shotting the dead fish and would have done the same no matter what. My apology.
Grow up now..

It's obvious those are all worm fish.

HA! Ha! Ha!

and please tell me why........................!!!!!

tacklejunkie
07-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Because you don't know me. That's why. And because half of them have worm rigs hanging out of their mouth. (I would have flylined the bait)

You've been hanging around your kids too much.

HEMAN
07-20-2009, 03:26 PM
TJ, got the box in the mail today! you are awesome! I'm still down to take you on my boat at Perris sometime.. (even though its just a tin can) :Envious:

BingJr
07-20-2009, 03:27 PM
TJ you are definitely a person wo has credibility on this board and no one whos been around will dispute that. You are a guy who I will alwys stop in and read what was said for that very reason when you post. I have cut way back on my posting here becuase I just grew weary of all the BS drama that errupts out of senslessnes. Don't waiver. You always do it the right way. Keep up the good work and realize that the rest of us certainly recognize your integrity, knowledge and history with the FNN board.

Cudos on the great fishing day. Amazing out the subtleties of the dead stick on structure pays huge dividends. I have found this to be a deadly technique while flipping as well. Dead sticking the worm or Jig n Pig when I put it in a particularly sweet looking spot often paid big dividends.

Thanks for the post.

Skyler
07-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Pretty nice day out there...especially for a "little kid," ha ha ha ha! I say just ignore him, lol. This guy obviously underestimates how much pull you really have around here. When's the next session?

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 03:48 PM
sorry i didnt know how "special" you were tacklefljunky.

i thought the "C-starts" were working for you.

little buddy!

by the way hows your finger doing?

Skyler
07-20-2009, 03:54 PM
sorry i didnt know how "special" you were tacklefljunky.

i thought the "C-starts" were working for you.

little buddy!

Do you know anything about biology? A "c-start" or an "s-start" refers to the initial flight characteristics of a fleeing fish. It is not just some fancy fishing technique. Here's a research paper that discusses it a bit...

http://jeb.biologists.org/cgi/content/full/205/14/2005

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/73/The_More_You_Know.jpg

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Do you even know the first thing about biology? A "c-start" or an "s-start" refers to the initial flight characteristics of a fleeing fish. It is not just some a fancy fishing technique. Here's a research paper that discusses it a bit...

http://jeb.biologists.org/cgi/content/full/205/14/2005

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/73/The_More_You_Know.jpg

Ha! Ha! HA! ha!

this shite never ends!

sorry.........i have to dry my tears.............

yes...........i know all about them...........()start...............i assumed you did too.

sorry man. (it hurts soo bad!)

Skyler
07-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Ha! Ha! HA! ha!

this shite never ends!

sorry.........i have to dry my tears.............

yes...........i know all about them...........()start...............i assumed you did too.

sorry man. (it hurts soo bad!)

Good to see you have a sense of humor. PBS graphics always lighten up the conversation, lol...

http://www.pbs.org/kcet/wiredscience/blogs/Magic-School-Bus.jpg

DccFISHerMan
07-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Way to slay man, ignore the BS as we all know by know people get jealous and have to shout out in some way or another!!!

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Way to slay man, ignore the BS as we all know by know people get jealous and have to shout out in some way or another!!!

just let this thread die already!

whats wrong with you people?

i guess i'll just go ahead and ad some BS about whats hot and whats not........and expect everyone to believe me cuz i have a loud mouth and some "Pull".

what a dissapointment

BIGRED KILLA
07-20-2009, 06:31 PM
just let this thread die already!

whats wrong with you people?

i guess i'll just go ahead and ad some BS about whats hot and whats not........and expect everyone to believe me cuz i have a loud mouth and some "Pull".

what a dissapointment

If you want to let this thread die stop posting and go fishing with the kid in your Avatar stop Complaining like a old.....

Bigred

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 06:43 PM
If you want to let this thread die stop posting........
Bigred

thats what my wife said!

its been too much fun! she and my oldest cant believe it iether.

DccFISHerMan
07-20-2009, 06:50 PM
thats what my wife said!

its been too much fun! she and my oldest cant believe it iether.

Im Glad to see you familys sense of humor is as good as yours!!

DCCTrouserTrout
07-20-2009, 07:03 PM

No kidding... and the BS continues

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 07:08 PM
No kidding... and the BS continues

at least i'm faithfull to MY wife.

and she's hot, young and sweet............i'm a lucky man!

DCCTrouserTrout
07-20-2009, 07:11 PM
at least i'm faithfull to MY wife.

and she's hot, young and sweet............i'm a lucky man!

That's great. And what does that have to do with anything?

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 07:13 PM
That's great. And what does that have to do with anything?

dude PM me. if you really want to know what i mean. unless you want to continue.............

DccFISHerMan
07-20-2009, 07:16 PM
hope your not flexing your E-muscles...............

.............you can try it if your a kid, i guess.

lmao what a fool ... HAhahaha P m him lets see what it means?

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Im Glad to see you familys sense of humor is as good as yours!!

great family entertainment!!!!!!

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 07:41 PM
lmao what a fool ... HAhahaha P m him lets see what it means?

i hear you people are good at drive by's too!

DccFISHerMan
07-20-2009, 07:54 PM
This is all the coward had to tell me in a PM

"my wife said the women on your page are ******* ugly.

thats just what she said.....and no the kids are Outside playing with matches!

"didnt mean to hurt your feelins soo bad!"
(BGS's wife)
Forward Message"

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 08:02 PM
This is all the coward had to tell me in a PM

"my wife said the women on your page are ******* ugly.

thats just what she said.....and no the kids are Outside playing with matches!

"didnt mean to hurt your feelins soo bad!"
(BGS's wife)
Forward Message"

how did you get our PM to trouser?
what about the part that we were going to finish huel howser and finish eating dinner?

you left that part out!!!!!!!!!!(whoever you are?)

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 08:08 PM
I took a look at your default picture and was going to stoop down to you lever but decided not to!!!

good for you!!!!

i bet i'm not the only one...............blah,blah,blah,blah.............

my wife says she wont let you............"stoop down to my lever".

i'm hers!

DccFisherWoman
07-20-2009, 08:12 PM
wow SERIOUSLY i didnt think we were in high school still....lol :ROFL:

anyways.....those are some nice fish u caught!

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 08:17 PM
you cant have it either.....dudette! (i hope)

bassgrandslam
07-20-2009, 08:25 PM
dang! we missed huel howser.

nismotech91
07-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Way to go Tj! Thanks for the report.

WARRIORMIKE
07-20-2009, 11:17 PM
dang! we missed huel howser.

I think your on your way to making a ton of friends here, I dont know I just feel it :Rolls Eyes::Cool::Razz:

TroutOnly
07-21-2009, 06:21 AM
Another nice report t/j,,,,,,,,,,bgs i think you need to go fishing instead of this kind of stuff on the threads,,,,,,,,,t/j the holdover trout at dvl love the bass fry i use some little bass cranks that kill them ,same thing with the stripers at pyramid,,,,,,,

pasadenafishin
07-24-2009, 08:47 PM
nice lookin fish, way to tuff out the heat and get on some wfo bass action. dead sticking a worm, thats an odd pattern, awesome that you picked up on that,

and everyone just get along TJ is one of the good guys

bassgrandslam
07-25-2009, 09:11 AM
OK............... i get it already.

everyone here on this thread condones the use of baby bass or dead blugill for bait.

great. went fishing yesterday.............the dead baby bass kicked but on the stripers. :D

tacklejunkie
07-25-2009, 09:18 AM
Still stuck on it "assgrandslam"?
I guess my apology wasn't good enough for you?
What is it with you man? What have people done to you that makes you so upset in life?

You are good. You got me for one of the few FW shore bass rules I didn't know. You can't use dead bass fry for bait. I applaud you. Think you can move on with it or do you need to drag it on another week? 57 asked if I wanted the thread closed/deleted but I said no because I have nothing to hide.

I messed up, and apologized. I'm not going to hide it. I could have deleted what I said or erased this thread but I have not. Everyone and their mom knows I pinned a dead baby bass on the drop shot and got hit by a bluegill, with which I did not connect. I then stopped.

Nothing to see here... move along.

Oh, where'd your avatar go?

bassgrandslam
07-25-2009, 09:27 AM
I guess my apology wasn't good enough for you?
What is it with you man? What have people done to you that makes you so upset in life?

You are good. You got me for one of the few FW shore bass rules I didn't know. You can't use dead bass fry for bait. I applaud you. Think you can move on with it or do you need to drag it on another week? 57 asked if I wanted the thread closed/deleted but I said no because I have nothing to hide.

I messed up, and apologized. I'm not going to hide it. I could have deleted what I said or erased this thread but I have not. Everyone and their mom knows I pinned a dead baby bass on the drop shot and got hit by a bluegill, with which I did not connect. I then stopped.

Nothing to see here... move along.

my baby didnt think you were a nice person. so i let her take it down. cant blame her....i guess.

some things should be kept hidden.

I cant believe you didnt connect on that/those bluegill. what went wrong?

tacklejunkie
07-25-2009, 09:30 AM
some things should be kept hidden.As well as some things should be left alone. :Wink:

I tried to be nice in the first place..

bassgrandslam
07-25-2009, 09:33 AM
As well as some things should be left alone. :Wink:

I tried to be nice in the first place..

"Ummmmmm..............................Whatever?!"

guess you forgot that too!

you and socal fish need to learn how to make a "Grown-up" apology.

bassgrandslam
07-25-2009, 09:39 AM

I pinned a dead baby bass on the drop shot and got hit by a bluegill, with which I did not connect. Nothing to see here... move along.

i think 57 wants his FW REPORTS Board BACK.

tacklejunkie
07-25-2009, 09:40 AM
Did the thought ever cross your mind that maybe you took that the wrong way?

I guess now I'll apologize for trying to understand your jerkbait presentation so I could use it to my advantage or try it in my own waters. My bad for trying to learn something from you. :Rolls Eyes:

bassgrandslam
07-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Did the thought ever cross your mind that maybe you took that the wrong way?

I guess now I'll apologize for trying to understand your jerkbait presentation so I could use it to my advantage or try it in my own waters. My bad for trying to learn something from you. :Rolls Eyes:

Hmmmmm.........rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................

remember that? who took what the wrong way?

oh yeah. you started dead sticking..........good job!!!!!

tacklejunkie
07-25-2009, 09:49 AM
I've been dead sticking. That's how I get bit on Senkos.

i think 57 wants his FW REPORTS Board BACK. I'd agree. You think we can mutually end this? I'll ignore you and you can ignore me. Just like your PM on your second ever reply to me..

bassgrandslam
07-25-2009, 09:53 AM
I've been dead sticking. That's how I get bit on Senkos.

I'd agree. You think we can mutually end this? I'll ignore you and you can ignore me. Just like your PM on your second ever reply to me..

i could not let any newbies think using baby bass was ok........from shore or from boat.

Skyler
07-25-2009, 09:54 AM
I think I have a peaceful solution....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Wvqfy76UW4s/R4FkctJtlnI/AAAAAAAAANg/Hps7E0OTPaE/s400/Thumb+War1.jpg

bassgrandslam
07-25-2009, 09:56 AM
Tackle junkie,

why do you feel the need to puke up faulty information?

vanillagurilla
07-25-2009, 10:31 AM
i dont know who you are but why dont you let it go? ive known TJ a long time and hes a good guy. now bringing your kid into this is just pathetic and if the thought of using a dead baby bass as bait brings u to tears..... go kill ur self. in the famous words of Ted Nugent, "KISS MY GLOCK".

bassgrandslam
07-25-2009, 10:43 AM
i dont know who you are but why dont you let it go? ive known TJ a long time and hes a good guy. now bringing your kid into this is just pathetic and if the thought of using a dead baby bass as bait brings u to tears..... go kill ur self. in the famous words of Ted Nugent, "KISS MY GLOCK".

i believe it is you and tackleflunky bringing my baby into this.

that is what brings me to tears. i teach my children rite.........

your parents?

bassgrandslam
07-25-2009, 10:46 AM
"KISS MY GLOCK".

i did not know you could afford one. dont threaten me or my family.

vanillagurilla
07-25-2009, 10:56 AM
i didnt threaten anyone just cant say kiss my ***** on the forums.

bassgrandslam
07-25-2009, 11:08 AM

are you saying you cant afford one?

vanillagurilla
07-25-2009, 11:16 AM
nope i cant. glocks suck anyway.

bassgrandslam
07-25-2009, 11:21 AM

i'm trying to figure it out............*****................(?)........... ...

pussy-cat?

what are you trying to tell everyone?

couldnt help thinking of you when i read this link

http://www.bluegilltalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=3194

bassgrandslam
07-25-2009, 12:28 PM
nope i cant. glocks suck anyway.

any real fisherman would know how to tie a noose............I'll tie you one if you want.

for you and tackle flunky. if you cant handle the criticism.

vanillagurilla
07-25-2009, 01:42 PM
7 pages of bs.... some people like drama more than fishing.

Ragetron
07-25-2009, 06:47 PM
i could not let any newbies think using baby bass was ok........from shore or from boat.

So you should have just told TJ and the rest of the board the DFG rules. Simple. Don't have to be a moron about it. Ive fished with TJ a couple time and read his reports. He's not a guy that would knowingly break the rules to catch fish. THis guy/girl doesn't seem like an adult. Probably some kid messing around. Doesn't seem smart enough to be over 15.

pasadenafishin
07-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Probably some kid messing around. Doesn't seem smart enough to be over 15.

HEY theres nothing wrong with being under 15!!, lol JK just tryin to lighten the mood a bit

BingJr
07-25-2009, 07:57 PM
This is the thread that never ends. Cuz it goes on and on my friends. TJ started it never imagining what it was, BGS will continue on forever just because..... Hes an A.S.S HAT!

tacklejunkie
07-25-2009, 08:10 PM
He's not a guy that would knowingly break the rules to catch fish.I'm not perfect. Close, but not quite. (haha, just kidding I really have no self esteem at all! Farthest person from conceted you'll ever meet in person.)

I've ninja fished a few times and broken the rules to catch fish but it's not like I'm out there with a net loading up my truck. They all go right back unless they die in my hands and then they go back anyways. Not exactly major criminal status for me to poke a few fish ninja style and I'll take the repercussion if I get caught. I'm a man and can stand up for my actions now.

When it comes to something like this situation..
I already know/knew using bass and bluegill as bait was illegal. The thought simply just did not cross my mind when I saw the little 1" dead bass fry lapping against the shoreline in 1/4" of water. I didn't even think about illegal this or illegal that. The thing was bobbin up and down right in front of me and I was tempted to pick it up and put it on my hook because it just sat there dead, bobbing in front of me on the shore. It's like someone waving a shad in front of your face and saying "Hey try this on for size". You aren't even gonna think about if it's illegal or not.. you're just gonna do it because it's there in your face and legalities are the last thing your thinking about. You're thinking "Hey, I bet I could catch me a fish on that thing". Why I even did it, I don't know because I was already doing awesome for being on shore using the plastic worms. Just a fluke moment in brainfartville.

I casted it out. Got hit by a bluegill who did not stick because I Was using a 1/0 weedless short shank EWG Gamakatsu Senko hook. The hook likely couldn't have fit in any panfish mouth but a monster crappie. When I reeled in the dead bass fry, His tail had been torn off. Obviously a tiny panfish. I then proceeded to pull the dead bass off my hook and put a watermellon candy zoom trick worm (that had already been working so good that day) back on the hook and proceeded to catch bass. The thought never crossed my mind weather or not it was illegal until I posted this and bgs "refreshed my memory". For which, I apologized, like a man.

I have maybe 20 witnesses that are regulars on shore that were there that day that could vouch for my actions. I was there teaching everyone how to use plastic worms to catch and release bass because they were all asking me why I Was catching "big fish" when they hadn't caught any tiny bluegill all day on their bait. "Is my bait wrong, there's no fish in here! Hey, how'd you do that?" I would go so far as to say those people I helped that witnessed the whole thing know I did not catch any of those fish on bass fry as bait. They are there about every day, I see the same people fishing bluegills down there every other night.

Last thing, like I said,
I'm a man. I stopped running from my problems when I grew up. I have nothing to hide here so you guys can just keep bumping it back up to the top and show off my awesome high pressure dinkfest. When someone steps on me now, I ignore them until they step on me three times, and then I fire back. I'll be the first person in the world to converse with you all day about the various baits and what presentations work for you and what presentations work for me. If you can't be a man, you gotta step on me all day and you crap your pants when I can't understand how you fish your baits.. IGNORE ME! That simple! Just like I did in the jerkbait thread when I saw this anger management AWOL coming 20 miles away.

Dana, (if you're still following.. haha)
If you'd like, you can close the thread now but no need to erase. I don't see much productive going on here. You know I really do enjoy the attention but I think I've had my 15 minutes of fame. :Wink: Sorry for the drama.

bassgrandslam
07-25-2009, 08:29 PM
I'm a man. I stopped running from my problems when I grew up. I have nothing to hide here so you guys can just keep bumping it back up to the top and show off my awesome high pressure dinkfest.

Dana, (if you're still following.. haha)
If you'd like, you can close the thread now but no need to erase. I don't see much productive going on here. You know I really do enjoy the attention but I think I've had my 15 minutes of fame. :Wink: Sorry for the drama.

your an honest man. imsorry it went soo far. 3100 views on your post