PDA

View Full Version : Piru Sunday 7/19...

PitchFish
07-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Fished Piru today in the boat...took the parents out for some fishing. It was HOT, and I knew it would be, but that nevers holds me back. Launched rather late because they didnt want to get up that early. I would have liked to be on the water fishing at 615am, but we were on the water fishing by 700am. Fished for four hours today. It was a rather slow day if you compare my last two trips to Piru(went twice about 2-3 weeks ago and caught 14 and 21 fish respectively...all bass and trout). Today we started out at the dam for about 45 minutes but it was rather breezing and nothing biting. Moved to Felic. Cove and fished there for about three hours working the entire cove. Noticed on the fish finder that the water level was down about 2-3 feet in certain areas. The water temp. was also quite hot(78-82). Ended up catching 6 LMB(the first two were solid 2lb fish, and the last four were dinks, about half lb). All were caught in 12-17 feet of water on split-shotted robos(oxblood). My mom caught a couple crappie on pieces of night-crawler.

Got off the water at 11-1130ish. By the time we left Felic. cove there must have been 25+ boats in the cove just scattered(maybe 5 were actually fishing). I know the weekend and the Heat bring many people to the local lakes, but is it just me or are people just A-holes on the water, and getting out of the water. Non-fishermen have the whole lake but they will just go right next to you or zoom right by you when they dont have to. And getting out of the water, people are a joke. And from experience I would say that 90% of the A-holes are novice boaters(non-fisherman).

Anyways...Hope to get out again, and hope it cools down. If anyone has fished Piru sometime in the past 1-2 weeks and had real good success PM me and let me know.

*I did also try to troll for a little while(lead-core and needlefish), but I have a bass-boat and it is sort of tough to go that slow.

*Sorry, no pics of the two solid LMB

Crappie Doc
07-20-2009, 11:39 PM
I did go about two weeks ago. Caught 27 crappie near the swim docks. Like you said it was hot. The bite was a early morning one. They were medium to small in size. Still fun to catch and good to eat. You could also find them in the marsh near the bank a few hundred feet from the swim docks. But you are right, you have to get their early as possible to take advantagd of the best bite. (white crappie jigs w/ nibblets).

Liteweight
07-21-2009, 12:48 AM
Fished Piru today in the boat...took the parents out for some fishing. It was HOT, and I knew it would be, but that nevers holds me back. Launched rather late because they didnt want to get up that early. I would have liked to be on the water fishing at 615am, but we were on the water fishing by 700am. Fished for four hours today. It was a rather slow day if you compare my last two trips to Piru(went twice about 2-3 weeks ago and caught 14 and 21 fish respectively...all bass and trout). Today we started out at the dam for about 45 minutes but it was rather breezing and nothing biting. Moved to Felic. Cove and fished there for about three hours working the entire cove. Noticed on the fish finder that the water level was down about 2-3 feet in certain areas. The water temp. was also quite hot(78-82). Ended up catching 6 LMB(the first two were solid 2lb fish, and the last four were dinks, about half lb). All were caught in 12-17 feet of water on split-shotted robos(oxblood). My mom caught a couple crappie on pieces of night-crawler.

Got off the water at 11-1130ish. By the time we left Felic. cove there must have been 25+ boats in the cove just scattered(maybe 5 were actually fishing). I know the weekend and the Heat bring many people to the local lakes, but is it just me or are people just A-holes on the water, and getting out of the water. Non-fishermen have the whole lake but they will just go right next to you or zoom right by you when they dont have to. And getting out of the water, people are a joke. And from experience I would say that 90% of the A-holes are novice boaters(non-fisherman).

Anyways...Hope to get out again, and hope it cools down. If anyone has fished Piru sometime in the past 1-2 weeks and had real good success PM me and let me know.

*I did also try to troll for a little while(lead-core and needlefish), but I have a bass-boat and it is sort of tough to go that slow.

*Sorry, no pics of the two solid LMB

Congrats on the catchin'.
Sounded like fun. Don't get out to Piru much anymore. I used to fish it with my Dad for trout alot when the general season closed in the Sierra's when I was younger.
Sorry to hear about the knuckleheads on the water. I usually keep a camera w/me so that I can document violations then report them (comes as a big surpise when served?! LOL).
Thanks for the report though.
LW

Jimbow
07-21-2009, 06:20 AM
Best troutin lake around full of jerks on the water. :EyePop:

DCCTrouserTrout
07-21-2009, 07:36 AM
Too bad it wasn't as good as the last time you were out. At least you got a few though...

crappie stalker
07-21-2009, 07:52 AM
At least you got out and beat the skunk.. I was at work driving around daydreaming about fishing..LOL Thanks for sharing your outing with us..

CS