PDA

View Full Version : Fishing the Freelance 7/18

WARRIORMIKE
07-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Went to Davey Jones Locker on a 3/4 day trip. This was going to be our "rain check" trip:Twisted:. We had a previous trip there were the weather was just horrible :Shocked:so the crew gave us these vouchers to return back.:Envious: Anyhow boarded the boat and I think we had over 80 people in that boat. Lots of Cudas. I also ended up catching a Sculpin. Overall day for my self was 4 cudas and 1 sculpin. Also something that happened to me was I tied with two other guys, that's right a three way tie for the jackpot. Ive never took home money on a jackpot so it was cool. :Twisted::Cool:. Took the cudas home and made some tasty azzzzz cevieche.

Bait being used were the sardines, and the irons!

Going out to sea!
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMzYtMjAwOTA3MTgtMDczM.jpg

Rafael with his one fish !!:ROFL:
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/utf-8BZnJlZWxhbmNlIDctMTgtMDkuanBn.jpg

Two out of four Cudas
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/utf-8BMiBvdXQgb2YgNCBjdWRhcyBEYXZle.jpg

Jackpot fish

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/utf-8BZGF2ZXlzIGxvY2tlciA3LTE5LTA5I.jpg

Also like to give it up it Pete (imd12nv) The reel handled like a champ:!!!::Cool: jackpot fish was caught on the new reel :Thumbs Up:

JapanRon
07-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi WARRIORMIKE,

Way to go on the fishys ! Only 80 on THAT boat !! And a Saturday to boot ! Nice lite load for sure !! ha ha ha They do 100 without breaking a sweat in the Summer.

JapanRon

WARRIORMIKE
07-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Hi WARRIORMIKE,

Way to go on the fishys ! Only 80 on THAT boat !! And a Saturday to boot ! Nice lite load for sure !! ha ha ha They do 100 without breaking a sweat in the Summer.

JapanRon

it might have been more, I just remember seeing a gunny sack with the #82 on it :LOL::Shocked:

Ricky-Ray
07-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Nice going out there. I've been on the Freelance with 92 before. Been there....done that. I know where your coming from. LOL

Kimbo
07-19-2009, 07:11 PM
You guys were loaded down for sure, we were fishing right next to you for a bout an hour. I even got tangled a couple of time with guys on your boat, lol.

WARRIORMIKE
07-19-2009, 07:29 PM
So you were on another boat? Funny that you mentioned this, cause I got tangled with someone else too from another boat, was it an iron??

Kimbo
07-19-2009, 07:52 PM
I was on the 21'cabo, fish taco on the side, chuckin a megabait. Were you on the starboard stern?

WARRIORMIKE
07-19-2009, 09:19 PM
I was on the 21'cabo, fish taco on the side, chuckin a megabait. Were you on the starboard stern?

naaa I was on the port side the whole time

CudaChaser
07-20-2009, 12:57 AM
Nice report and photos. I too have been on the Freelance booked to the gills. I usually find the bow and fling away the iron at them cuda - that is just me. Way to go on the jackpot!

CudaChaser

megafisher94
07-20-2009, 11:18 AM
many late gaffs, tangles, and low counts for me. thats y i stopped going out on it. just my :My Two Cents: .... looks like you did good though..

boxl0bster
07-20-2009, 07:11 PM
nice job on the cudas man, i need to get me some of those before they stop biting.

SRHBASSIN
07-20-2009, 09:13 PM
holy **** man thats me in the second pic, ya the barries were biting man, i had 9 that day on a croc, thats funny, i love pictures

Greg Madrigal
07-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Dang man, I saw you out there on the KING-O-MooMoos! They really pack em into that boat, I stopped fishing her long ago for that reason alone. I am happy you guys got some cuda though. We got no love fishing in the area you were in and parlayed the day into a helluva bass bite. Congrats on the JP fish!

GM

fishermanwife
07-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Good job Mike.. I'm glad you had a blast.. Bet it was a good feeling to know you were apart of the winnings.:Shocked: :EyePop:

WARRIORMIKE
07-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Good job Mike.. I'm glad you had a blast.. Bet it was a good feeling to know you were apart of the winnings.:Shocked: :EyePop:

It was good!

Next time will slay them together :Twisted::Twisted: