PDA

View Full Version : skinner 7-18-09 striper/catfish still going strong!!!!

Bluegill
07-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Got to the channel around 6:20am, cast all poles out and just bait and wait. 10 minutes later ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.. set the hook and it was oooonnn..2minutes later line go dead...damd.. the fish spit the hook out. Turn around and there go the second pole half way in the water and the fish was pulling drag fast ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..pick up the pole set the hook and fish was still pullin drag ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.. stappp line broke. Damm!!! today going to suck O for 2 so far. All and all today was okay between my son and I we caught 15 striper and 5 catfish.. Same setup, C-rig with anchoives with the bait and wait all fish caught in the main channel. We saw our fish striper boil today at the east end of the lake, by time I go my boat close to them they we gone. Good luck to all...

Bluegill...

the pixtures doesnt ready so how big the striper are, but the catfish on the bottom weight 9.2lbs

Psych22
07-19-2009, 10:40 AM
WTG out there!!!

bazooka joe
07-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Nice job!!

Bluegill
07-19-2009, 02:01 PM
WTG out there!!!

Thanks....,..

Bluegill
07-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Nice job!!

Thanks...it's fish taco time... And deep fried catfish whole..

Toonaloony
07-19-2009, 03:17 PM
whats a c-rig bra?

Bluegill
07-19-2009, 03:32 PM
whats a c-rig bra?

Carolina Rig!!!!!!!

Redside
07-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Great job out there, those are some nice fish. They are a lot biggier than anything I saw caught on Friday.

cpioutdoors
07-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Got to the channel around 6:20am, cast all poles out and just bait and wait. 10 minutes later ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.. set the hook and it was oooonnn..2minutes later line go dead...damd.. the fish spit the hook out. Turn around and there go the second pole half way in the water and the fish was pulling drag fast ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..pick up the pole set the hook and fish was still pullin drag ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.. stappp line broke. Damm!!! today going to suck O for 2 so far. All and all today was okay between my son and I we caught 15 striper and 5 catfish.. Same setup, C-rig with anchoives with the bait and wait all fish caught in the main channel. We saw our fish striper boil today at the east end of the lake, by time I go my boat close to them they we gone. Good luck to all...

Bluegill...

the pixtures doesnt ready so how big the striper are, but the catfish on the bottom weight 9.2lbs

Man, I will pay to fish with you. Great job as always, Bluegill!

Bluegill
07-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Great job out there, those are some nice fish. They are a lot biggier than anything I saw caught on Friday.

Thanks, it's all about finding the biger fish and getting them to take the bait. Sometime I would see the striper come up and take the bait. Other sometime I can't even sit my pole down the fish is already taking the bait.

crappie stalker
07-19-2009, 10:46 PM

Bluegill...

That was a great catch out there.. Cats and stripers doesnt get much better than that.. MM MMM.. LOL

The main channel.. Is that the inlet?? I havent heard of anyone refer to a channel.. I need to get back out there.. The cats are on too.. Its time.. All we need to get on is those blue gills..

CS

Bluegill
07-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Man, I will pay to fish with you. Great job as always, Bluegill!

Free...... I need to open up a striper fishing lesson one of these weekend. The only charge will be you bring breakfeast, lunch and dinner and get ready to catch your limit of stripers. If not the good sizes striper I know the places and setup to catch the mini stripers all day.

Bluegilll...

Bluegill
07-19-2009, 11:02 PM
That was a great catch out there.. Cats and stripers doesnt get much better than that.. MM MMM.. LOL

The main channel.. Is that the inlet?? I havent heard of anyone refer to a channel.. I need to get back out there.. The cats are on too.. Its time.. All we need to get on is those blue gills..

CS

Not the inlet where the water is pumping in, that where everyones goes. The main channel is where I would fish from the inlet back to marina. With the stocking of catfish you catch your limit easy if your are targeting the catfish. I would see ton of bluegill in the weeds if the water level is low. Just not after the gills right know, what I'm after are the larger stripers.

Bluegill..,

crappie stalker
07-22-2009, 08:40 PM
Sounds like you really know that lake.. I didnt know there was a channel from the inlet to the marina.. You live to learn, but catfish, gills and striper sounds like perfect trifecta.. I have only caught 1 gill at skinner. I do alright on the cats and dink stripers. I get an occasional larger striper..

cs

CASTAWAY
07-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Me and by bro was there on 07/19/09. Caught one Catfish.... I got skunked.....:Big Grin: I'll be back again soon.:Big Grin:

Good job out there with the catches..... :Thumbs Up:

Bluegill
07-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Me and by bro was there on 07/19/09. Caught one Catfish.... I got skunked.....:Big Grin: I'll be back again soon.:Big Grin:

Good job out there with the catches..... :Thumbs Up:

Thanks, you will get them next time. Shore fishing at skinner is always hit and miss!!! Where were you fishing at? I hear from the ranger they were catching catfish at the south end of the lake.

Bluegill..

AQUABOOGIE AKA MADDFISHIN
07-22-2009, 09:49 PM
that is gospel!!! good job!!!

CASTAWAY
07-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Where were you fishing at?

Bluegill..

at the south end:Big Grin:

Bluegill
07-23-2009, 09:19 AM
at the south end:Big Grin:

What type of bait were you using? What type of setup? If I were fishing skinner from shore I would Texas rig it " wieght on the bottom and hook on top" Reason why... Too much weeds your bait will just lost in the weeds. I have notice that catfish at skinner seems to like anchoives better than shrimp and chicken liver.

Bluegill

CASTAWAY
07-23-2009, 12:59 PM
What type of bait were you using? What type of setup? If I were fishing skinner from shore I would Texas rig it " wieght on the bottom and hook on top" Reason why... Too much weeds your bait will just lost in the weeds. I have notice that catfish at skinner seems to like anchoives better than shrimp and chicken liver.

Bluegill

I used chicken liver for bait. C-rig on one pole and dropper loop on the other.
It was hot early in the morning too. I should of went and fish the chanel. Maybe
have better luck. We'll see how it goes next time. Maybe you could show me
how and where to slay em'..... :Big Grin::Thumbs Up:

Bluegill
07-23-2009, 01:39 PM
I used chicken liver for bait. C-rig on one pole and dropper loop on the other.
It was hot early in the morning too. I should of went and fish the chanel. Maybe
have better luck. We'll see how it goes next time. Maybe you could show me
how and where to slay em'..... :Big Grin::Thumbs Up:

Next time bro, I'm planning a trip with one of our FNN member next Saturday. His fee is food and beer for a lesson in striper fishing. Depending on how that goes the food and beer with turn into $$$$$ a fishing trip at skinner.

Bluegill...

CASTAWAY
07-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Next time bro, I'm planning a trip with one of our FNN member next Saturday. His fee is food and beer for a lesson in striper fishing. Depending on how that goes the food and beer with turn into $$$$$ a fishing trip at skinner.

Bluegill...

What if I just bring a boat and follow you around....:LOL: That could be fun..:LOL:

HelloBendo420
07-23-2009, 07:25 PM
you always kill it at skinner. nice job kabagis.
I bought binoculars so I can sneak up on you next time i'm there:LOL::LOL:

i love that lake!!

Bluegill
07-23-2009, 08:07 PM
you always kill it at skinner. nice job kabagis.
I bought binoculars so I can sneak up on you next time i'm there:LOL::LOL:

i love that lake!!

I be there next Saturday, you can peek all you want. Skinner is one of the best lake in Southern CA.

Panfish Junior
07-27-2009, 01:33 PM
I haven't been there for awhile. I might stop by after the boat trip. Thanks for sharing...:LOL: