PDA

View Full Version : aquaduct questions

smokecdxx
07-18-2009, 02:41 PM
hello,
just got on this site because i figured i could pick everyones brains for knowledge. haha

im pretty new to fishing and i have lived in the av my whole life but i only started fishing the aquaduct about two weeks ago. i did some homework online but didnt really find too much besides stripper bill. and that is helpful to an extent but i would like to know if any of you guys have any other advice such as some good spots i have gone to the ave. n and 70th a few times and gotten some hits but nothing was taking the bait. i have also hit the cheeseboro road spot but i knew nothing of aqua duct fishing and was not using the right lures or bait. and i would love to pull out a striper or a cat...i just need a little help.like i said im pretty new to fishing and i love it. but i do need some help.

i got a print out for rigs from a member on here already but knowing how to set up baits and what kinds and anything that could help me. i mean i have caught fish at the other places i have gone like brite lake, apollo park(10 baby trout lol), and the little rock dam. so i mean its not like im completely failing as a beginner fisherman. but i would like to hook something substantial. i think im going to be going camping at castaic lake in about 2 weeks so any info on that would be helpful as well no boat so shore fishing all the way. lol

thank you to whoever reads and has some input and if you have any questions just ask.

thanks

kevin

copeyboy
07-21-2009, 02:33 PM
I just use a Carolina rig with a 1/O hook or even something a little smaller to hook up anchovies for bait. I've tried out the drop loop and dropshotting, but never had any luck with either of those methods. I would just try out the old C-rig.