PDA

View Full Version : Fishing catfish lake friday 7/17/09

AQUABOOGIE AKA MADDFISHIN
07-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Went to the late session to do some cat fishin after work. Wonderful weather, shorts and tank top all night. After set up, patiently waiting for bites, drink in hand, with my #1 buddy. First action near us, about 6pm guy pulls in a nice big headed two pound cat, about 15 minutes later my bell rings, but i am unable to land the prey. 15-20 minutes later my buddy answers his bell and pulls in a nice 1.75 pounder. Short time later my bell rings, i feel the tug action, then i am caught up and lose my whole rig; i hate that!!! Another hour or so, the daughter of the family guy next to us pulls in a nice 1.75 pounder. I pop another beer. Around 8 o'clock, my bell goes off, i feel the action, not real strong, some fight, i pull in a throw back .50 lbs. I open my wine, for a few sips. 10-15 mins later bell goes off, decent pull action, i pull him in, bigger than the first only about a pound, but i need to get started so he's A keeper. I was able to land two more 1.35 pounders before 11pm and finish of 4.5 beers. Enjoyed being at the lake, at lease the fish are biting from the shore!!!

saintarv
07-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Nice report and pics. Which part of the catfish lake where you fishing at? I use to fish there but the banks got too steep. :LOL:

AQUABOOGIE AKA MADDFISHIN
07-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Nice report and pics. Which part of the catfish lake where you fishing at? I use to fish there but the banks got too steep. :LOL:
I went to the little island, casted out from both sides.

CASTAWAY
07-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Nice Catfish. Thanks for the report. I gotta try the night bite soon.:Smile: